Sign in to follow this  
benny

MOC: Metroliner Amtrak AMD-103 Locomotive

traintech1.jpg

Amtrak AMD-103 Genesis P40BH

I spend 4 days to complete around 75% of locomotive, please comment!

The length of train is 34X......nearly to Santa fee 10020!

It has internal engine!

p7042121.jpg

p7042128.jpg

p7042124.jpg

p7042126.jpg

p7042130.jpg

p7042112.jpg

:thumbup: Wow quite amazing! :thumbup: I love how you tought to put the poles recessed into the structure of the train... good thinking I'll have to kee that in mind.

Althought it is in proportion to your other trains, i Don't know why i get the feeeling it is either too high or not wide enough... or maybe that is the feeling i get due to working with LDD that makes me build oversized MOCs.

This is an excellent MOC, I always admire Train MOCS, because I find ti very hard to build them myself. The detail on this train is wonderful, such as the grill parts and wing mirror. The livery is good to, I love the way that the stripes slope down at the front.

It would look even better with some carriages perhaps? (Hint Hint)

This is an excellent MOC, I always admire Train MOCS, because I find ti very hard to build them myself. The detail on this train is wonderful, such as the grill parts and wing mirror. The livery is good to, I love the way that the stripes slope down at the front.

It would look even better with some carriages perhaps? (Hint Hint)

Thanks a lot!!! Actually, it is the first train which i used the slope to make the front part!!!! Other train fans can also make the MOC train!!!! I remember that it may be the 20th train MOC!!! I think you can make a good one when you finish 1-3 of train MOC!!!!!

For the detail of train, i will improve in possible within this week!!!! The next train may be the passenger train !

Here's a picture of the real thing for reference:

ka-genesis_p42Amtrak.jpg

I think you did a really nice job on it, looking forward to see it finished with more details.

Would it be possible to maybe make the engine a little longer to resemble the real thing even better?

Nice job Benny. I really like how you created the front end using a standard brick design (as opposed to a big ugly single molded piece). The overall design captures the real train really well. It's also nice to see the use of red, white, and, blue bricks for the stripes as opposed to stickers - a nice touch in train MOCs.

Thanks for sharing your creation and also picturing the engine next to the Super Chief and BNSF for comparison. I like it! :thumbup:

Thanks for all members ' comment!!!

1) For the length, i made 36X in length first but i think it is too long!!! Now, it is a little bit longer than Santa fe. I want this train is look cutie........like a toy train, so i decide to make 34X one!!!

2) I may make more detail and amendment on the train

3) In my original planning. i want to use the sticker like 10001 to replace the red, white and blue plates!!! Finally, i think the plates making is much better the stickers!!!!!

4) i will post the final product after affixng the train number sticker!!!!!!

What a wonderfully achieved work! :thumbup: I'm not a train fan but BRAVO! :wink:

Thanks!!! Your houses are very nice too!!! I would be happy to see your train MOC!!!!!

very,very nice. If it was just a bit smoother it would look great. :thumbup:

thanks!!! I will post the final product with decal later!!!!