Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

3840 Pirate Code: Now available!

piratecode.jpg

3840-1.jpg

As part of their new LEGO Games line-up, we pirates get our own! It is also available from LEGO Shop in the UK for £16.65, although not so for the rest of the world, at present. A few copies have shown up on Bricklink in the past few days.

Who can be the most cunning pirate of them all? Guess the other players’ secret codes before they discover yours and become the pirate captain. A game of logic and luck, secrets and treasures for 2 to 4 players. Game play approximately 15-25 minutes.

The single minifig and lack of new parts (unlike in the other LEGO Games sets) is somewhat disappointing, but the parts-to-price ratio and abundance of jewels make up for this. Worth noting are the old-style skeleton arms on the pirate, something not seen since the Aqua-Raiders line in 2007.

I'm thinking players have to guess the others combination of jewels, or something like that.

The old skellie is a nice surprise, here's hoping they will be brought back in more sets.

Yes indeed, the old skeleton but with the newer face.

Exactly what was wrong with the new skeletons arms anyway? As I don't have a newer skeleton I can't really compare.

Yes indeed, the old skeleton but with the newer face.

Exactly what was wrong with the new skeletons arms anyway? As I don't have a newer skeleton I can't really compare.

The arms looked way to long for the body.

I think this game is like Mastermind. That large chest might come in handy so this looks like a decent parts pack.

Yes, I think you're right Tom Bricks. It does indeed look like a 4-way Mastermind type game.

So who might get themselves a copy of this here game?

As I don't have an older skeleton I can't really compare. :pir_laugh2:

Too bad the top of the big chest is brick-built.

I think this game is like Mastermind.

It does look like Mastermind. I have the game Mastermind and it is very fun to play. This new LEGO one is very interesting! :devil:

All these new games look really good

I think i will wait til the next time i go to bluewater to get a closer look at them before i decide if i'm gonna get a few.

The prices are reasonable and this Pirate one is the best.

Too bad the top of the big chest is brick-built.

Would ye prefer one large chest piece?

That would surely get people complaning that it looked too "<insert that tiresome argument>"

That would surely get people complaning that it looked too "<insert that tiresome argument>"

And what would you do with a giant chest, anyway? (seriously, give me some ideas, i'm drawing a blank)

I'd say this set would be really good to loot for parts! I might get it!

The colored tiles, the pearl gold jumpers, the new brown slopes, all those gems! :pir-wub:

I'm not sure how well the game would go, considering everything is so close together and someone might easily see someone elses code.

Edited by Admiral M

From the second image, I thought the large chest *was* large pieces - namely the large fabuland chest.

what do you need a dice for playing mastermind? i don't think its like that. otherwise they would have to buy the licence... but in general it's a nice idea from TLC to make games...

Well that's a good point Fenris, now that you mention it I don't recall using a dice to play Mastermind. Nor, do I remember Mastermind being a 4 player game either.

It would be awesome if whoever buys it could do a Pictorial Review and then we'd know exactly what it's all about.

Not really an AFOL product, but great find anyway.

Awww... I was going to get you one for your birthday :pir-tongue:

I'm fairly sure that is a large chest (of Belville origin). But Mr Phes, there is a new style skeleton in the new pirate line... you haven't hunted him down yet?

God Bless,

Nathan

Oooh.. I will be getting this.. ordering it within a few days.. :)

I opened a box today and I think it provides very good value for the large quantity of jewel/gem parts, plus some others useful ones which you cannot get in such quantity from a small set like this, the model is quite interesting too. Although I am not fond of this type of game, it can be useful for playing with small kids.

Wonder if anyone have done a review already? Or if anyone really cares about buying one? Somehow I feel that this set is simply being ignored by many.