pedro

LEGO Games & custom Star Wars characters

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hey everyone,

Just got my shop@home catalogue through today which included a supplement promoting the new LEGO Games theme. It's an ingenious concept and the games look like they'll be a load of fun, together with the fact they have loads of new printed parts and the introduction of microfigures. So I couldn't help but notice the potential that some of these might have for custom figures in the Star Wars universe and thought I'd bring it to everyones attention :wink:

The set that caught my eye specifically was Monster4 and the monster heads theirin: a wolf-man style head which could easily tranlate to a Shistavanen (or even an alternate wookiee head), making it possible to create cantina patron Lak Sivrak or Jedi Voolvif Monn. And a devil head which could well be used to make a Devaronian such as Labria. There are troll heads in there too which manny people have already used for Trandoshan heads (though I've used Killer Croc heads for mine so far).

These races and characters may be a little more obscure maybe, but I personally really like all the quirky background characters that exist in Star Wars universe and they'd be great for fleshing out some of your Star Wars scenes.

What do you reckon, cool idea? Anyone see any more potential customs from the new Games sets?

Edited by KimT

Hmm, you're right man.

I've added some pics of the aliens you mentioned. (for those who don't know this species)

shistavanen3.jpg Shistavanen

250px-DevaronianSith.jpg Devaronian

bossk.jpg Trandoshan

Maybe i'm gonna try to moc some aliens with this heads.

Greetings

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

Nice idea, you have a good eye for spotting things :classic:. I probably wont get this set but I might bricklink some of the heads to make my own alien species'.

Great idea! I would use the troll and devil head, but I'm not really for the wolf-man idea. Voolvif Monn's most noticeable feature is his snout, which isn't on that minifig head. A brown painted version of the old Wolf-Man mask that was in studios and Harry Potter's Shrieking Shack works nicely for me.

A very good idea indeed. Just a bit of putty for horns and hair will make things perfect

Great idea! I would use the troll and devil head, but I'm not really for the wolf-man idea. Voolvif Monn's most noticeable feature is his snout, which isn't on that minifig head. A brown painted version of the old Wolf-Man mask that was in studios and Harry Potter's Shrieking Shack works nicely for me.

Aye that would work well but I don't have one sadly! The heads in Monster4 are wolfy enough for me. Soon as I get the game I'll be off testing it out :wink:

One advantage of a non-snouted head is that you'll be able to use various types of headgear on them from generic Shista's to Voolvif Monn with a cowl up, lookin' all moody!

A very good idea indeed. Just a bit of putty for horns and hair will make things perfect

You could also build horns using a combination of binoculars and the horn pieces like cbolego's Hellboy. May look a little odd with 4 horns though... (Fantasy Era - ON!)

The new 1x1 round plates (also included in Monsters 4) could be used as additions to lightsaber hilts. :wink:

They will also make it easier to mount minifig heads on top of droid bodies by stripping them over the pin of a robot claw piece which is attached to the body and sticking the head on the stud of the round plate.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The devil works for the Devaronian, and the troll for Trandos, but the old Wolfman or werewolf or what have you from the old studios line works best for the Shistavenan. These are all good ideas though.