Sign in to follow this  
---Vertea---

Unofficial 2010 "story" topic

Glatorian and Vorox fall into swamp environment with mutagen, which mutates Vorox. Also in the swamp, there are plants with globular multicoloured fruit (ie, Zamors). Each colour has different properties when consumed or exploded via Thornax Launcher. Planting a fruit without breaking it will cause a plant to grow to maturity in around 1 hour, providing the Glatorian with a reloadable ammo supply, with the restriction of needing to set up a base and protect the growing plant in order to reload.

Seeing as you guys were talking about energy cannons/blasters I thought I might as well show one I made:

moc1_001.jpg

Extra Images:

Here,Here,And Here Being Held by Version 3 Of my Moc as a size comparison

And on that subject Click the link below to see the third and hopefully final version of my Moc.

Version 3

As you can see it has a Piraka foot for a torso instead of the Metruan torso the arms are shorter and I switched the shoulder pads and theres a toa metru chest peice at the back to fill in the gap left by the piraka foot.

*Yami*

Edited by :Yami:

Hey, since Midaks, Zamors and Thornax are all interchangeable, why not just use one of those launchers, with Midaks.

That way, some character could just have a huge cannon, [Midaks], or stuff like that.

I'm up for it, I'll make a quick change to my Teborus.

Alright, MOCing On! :3

[-TA-]

That sounds pretty good. The Glatorian would probably all just carry around Thornaxes, that would have some small tech modification to make them function.

Glatorian and Vorox fall into swamp environment with mutagen, which mutates Vorox. Also in the swamp, there are plants with globular multicoloured fruit (ie, Zamors). Each colour has different properties when consumed or exploded via Thornax Launcher. Planting a fruit without breaking it will cause a plant to grow to maturity in around 1 hour, providing the Glatorian with a reloadable ammo supply, with the restriction of needing to set up a base and protect the growing plant in order to reload.

I kinda don't want to do the exploding fruit again. I mean come on.

Seeing as you guys were talking about energy cannons/blasters I thought I might as well show one I made:

Extra Images:

Here,Here,And Here Being Held by Version 3 Of my Moc as a size comparison

And on that subject Click the link below to see the third and hopefully final version of my Moc.

Version 3

As you can see it has a Piraka foot for a torso instead of the Metruan torso the arms are shorter and I switched the shoulder pads and theres a toa metru chest peice at the back to fill in the gap left by the piraka foot.

*Yami*

That looks incredibly bulky. A larger character would be able to use it well though. And your MoC looks good. I'd just put his claws on the other side of the joint (so that his hand looks like the claw, instead of holding the claw) But he's good. Revised piece count is?

That looks incredibly bulky. A larger character would be able to use it well though. And your MoC looks good. I'd just put his claws on the other side of the joint (so that his hand looks like the claw, instead of holding the claw) But he's good. Revised piece count is?

Well he is actually holding the claw seeing as they're meant to be wrist attached the piece count is around 63 counting the sword which isn't seen in the image.

And yeah It's meant to be held by a titan or as a rifle for a canister set which doesn't have a sword or anything I have a Water tribe glatorian as an example and If i had a helmet for the damn thing I could show it (Curse the Glatorian heads for making custom helmets so damn dificult!)

*Yami*

Well he is actually holding the claw seeing as they're meant to be wrist attached the piece count is around 63 counting the sword which isn't seen in the image.

And yeah It's meant to be held by a titan or as a rifle for a canister set which doesn't have a sword or anything I have a Water tribe glatorian as an example and If i had a helmet for the damn thing I could show it (Curse the Glatorian heads for making custom helmets so damn dificult!)

*Yami*

Hmm it still looks odd. But 63... that's on the edge of too large for a canister. Although not quite. Could any be combined or would it be changed thinking of new pieces and such?

Could any be combined or would it be changed thinking of new pieces and such?

I'm not sure what you mean there.

*Yami*

I think he's asking if you can cut down on the number of pieces, in different ways, including using new pieces, not used before in your MOC.

Currently, we just need Vertea's input for the most recent poll.

[-TA-]

I think he's asking if you can cut down on the number of pieces, in different ways, including using new pieces, not used before in your MOC.

Currently, we just need Vertea's input for the most recent poll.

[-TA-]

I'm unfortunately a bit short on new pices seeing as I haven't bought a set since Februry and I'm saving up for an Ipod as well.

*Yami*

My input is in. And would anyone like to post what is now confirmed of the story so far? I'm a tad confused.

7 Glatorian, Mata Nui, Gelu, and 5 new characters, along with 5 Agori, Tarduk, Kirbold, and 3 new Agori, and a currently unknown number of Vorox, fall into remnants of the failed GS, which I guess is now filled with environments that have grown there, as well as inner workings and such, refugees, monsters etc.

@Yami: I mean like any way you could do it using theoretical new pieces for next year. Not new pieces for this year.

Edited by The Dor

That's basically it.

I think we should at least get the MOCs of the main characters that we have out of the way, so we can get characteristics so we can drive a story and stuff.

We'll need Refugee Ideas, and environment Ideas.

I think we can use stuff like Vertea's map and Antrozek's ideas, and new ideas to get some sort of setting for each place.

I personally like the idea of a large tech city/lab for the mind in the Head.

And then the Chest would be a molten core.

And the legs would be icy, relatively isolated from the rest of the body, and the arms would be deserts sort of things.

New poll on where they fall in, because I don't think we've decided that as a group yet.

[-TA-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

For the ammo, how about they just find some roughly spherical-shaped metal things and smooth them down? They could reuse them, and it'd be a somewhat limited supply so they'd have to fight hand-to-hand most of the time.

The right arm is definitely winning.

I'd like them to fall into the underground fungus jungle since the right arm is directly under Tesara. There would be a ceiling of roots, and glowy plants all over.

This is where our green creatures and experiments would come in, yes?

If no one has any objections, I'd like to design one of the green creatures as well as a white one. Is this okay?

@Yami: I mean like any way you could do it using theoretical new pieces for next year. Not new pieces for this year.

If we're talking about reducing the peice count then I'm not sure though I have reduced the piece count to around 57-58 by removing some pieces that were holding stuff together but didn't need to.

Also I was thinking about how some of the Glatorian species live in the Desert as Raiders (not Exiled though) and I think that possibly one of the 5 new Glatorian could be an ex-Raider who was hired by a Tribe.

*Yami*

For the ammo, how about they just find some roughly spherical-shaped metal things and smooth them down? They could reuse them, and it'd be a somewhat limited supply so they'd have to fight hand-to-hand most of the time.

Sounds mostly good but not as techy as other ideas.

I'd like them to fall into the underground fungus jungle since the right arm is directly under Tesara. There would be a ceiling of roots, and glowy plants all over.

If no one has any objections, I'd like to design one of the green creatures as well as a white one. Is this okay?

The elbow is in the mountains though, so depending on where in the arm they fall...

If we're talking about reducing the peice count then I'm not sure though I have reduced the piece count to around 57-58 by removing some pieces that were holding stuff together but didn't need to.

Also I was thinking about how some of the Glatorian species live in the Desert as Raiders (not Exiled though) and I think that possibly one of the 5 new Glatorian could be an ex-Raider who was hired by a Tribe.

*Yami*

57-58 is reasonable I think. Also taking into account that the sword would only be one, new, piece it should be fine.

@Ex-Raider: Sounds awesome. I think that would be good. What affiliation? Because if it's Iconox (who happens to be seriously in need of a Glatorian right now), I think that the character Antrozek drew for me would fit perfectly.

@Ex-Raider: Sounds awesome. I think that would be good. What affiliation? Because if it's Iconox (who happens to be seriously in need of a Glatorian right now), I think that the character Antrozek drew for me would fit perfectly.

My original Idea was for him/her to be from Tajun but Iconox works aswell.

I also Have 2 Glatorian MoC's pretty much done,one from Tajun and one from Tesara.

*Yami*

The elbow is in the mountains though, so depending on where in the arm they fall...

then maybe they fall into a frozen tunnel with ice spikes and such?

I'd very much like to design an ice monster.

Well, when they fall in, we've decided that:

The Vorox attack, or something.

They find Junk scrapped-Tech and beef up their armor/Weapons.

So the environment has to fit that...

How about a Desert, just to the right of the White Quartz Mountains, is where they initially fall in.

Then as they move with the shape of the arm, they go under neath these mountains into the ice, and soon into Tesara.

Which brings me to how the parts will be connected.

New vote on it is up.

Works well, makes sense, does damage, and fits the junkpunk scrap tech idea.

^^^ First block of text.

And I do think the Experiments are roaming free everywhere right?

Creatures, Experiments, whatever fits. :P

I think we need to get the heroes before we decide what the villains are [and where they are, and how they look, etc etc]

*Yami*

Sounds cool, but isn't that the same as a reformed Bone Hunter? o.O

Anyway, looks like everyone is designing a character with either art or MOCs, sound good.

[-TA-]

Sounds cool, but isn't that the same as a reformed Bone Hunter? o.O

Who said anything about the character being reformed? my idea for the character was that they would be like Strakk no scratch that WORSE than Strakk and the only reason whatever tribe employs him is because they'd rather they had him/her where he could be kept an eye on rather than still in the desert raiding caravans.

*Yami*

Who said anything about the character being reformed? my idea for the character was that they would be like Strakk no scratch that WORSE than Strakk and the only reason whatever tribe employs him is because they'd rather they had him/her where he could be kept an eye on rather than still in the desert raiding caravans.

*Yami*

YES. I even more nominate the guy Antrozek drew xD

YES. I even more nominate the guy Antrozek drew xD

Okay then We're in agreement 2 votes for Iconox Ex-raider Glatorian...Iconox sure knows how to pick them.

*Yami*

Okay then We're in agreement 2 votes for Iconox Ex-raider Glatorian...Iconox sure knows how to pick them.

*Yami*

Haha they probably don't have a huge selection right now. Weren't two of their trainees killed? HAHA nvm. And Strakk exiled. And Gelu not working as a Glatorian any more... poor Iconox.

Edited by The Dor

Don't get why Mata Nui would want such a guy on his team, but whatever. :P

Alright, so we've already got two Glatorian for Iconox/White-colorscheme. >.>

Unless you color him otherwise Dor.

And we need... 3 more Glatorian?

And 3 more Agori?

[-TA-]

I have 2 Glatorian Ideas up and ready to go:

Tribe:Tesara

Description:A young rookie only just accepted as a Trainee and trying to find his place on Bara-Magna which isn't easy due to influences such as the Ex-Raider glatorian(Name Please?) leading him astray.But he means well and is determined to show he can be as good as the Primary and Secondary Glatorian

Tribe:Tajun

Description:A Gruff Trainee who has attempted to gain a Secondary Or Primary slot as a Glatorian but has been pushed aside again and again, despite this he is very loyal to his allys and despite his demeanour polite to even his enemies although he disagrees with Mata-Nui at times he respects and reveres him knowing he means best.

I'm not at all good with names so if both or either of these two get picked for the final group you guys can choose the names

*Yami*

I'm working on a Vehicle MOC with an Agori. I think it's looking good so far, but storyline wise it's going to be difficult because it's quite big, the Agori has dual handguns, and the vehicle will most likely have laser cannons on it's arms because it's a dragster/titan transformer. :sadnew:

I'll finish it first before you judge it though. :classic: