Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 10

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 10

The Mystery Unravels

After an uneventful yet relaxing evening aboard the Emerald Express, the passengers and crew awake by the sounds of rocks being pelted against the boiler of the engine. The rain has stopped and it's a bright sunny day in Willoughby. The townies have begun to gather outside the train for the next exciting day of adventure. :classic: Max, Jim, and Brakes exit the train to see if there's any damage to the locomotive.

30.jpg

Image by Captain Zuloo

Will the passengers and crew of the Emerald unlock the secrets to finding a way out of Willoughby?

Are members of a sinister Town Council among the townies cloaking themselves beneath classic town smiles?

These questions and more will soon be revealed in the next intriguing chapters of Murder On the Emerald Express.

NOTE: All participants who suffered from an injury regain two (2) life points for a restful evening.

What a great night, I slept like a log! A log in a comfy bed! :sweet:

So, what shall we do today ladies and gentlemen? I say we go take a look somewhere we haven't explored yet, I don't mind where though.

What's for breakfast Chef?

I feel so much better after a good night rest. Hopefully, things will look much better today.

Well, since you ruys rave all rut stopped raying attention ro me, rowing rocks at your rain was my rast resort!

Ahhhhhhhh...! I feel so rejuvenated.

Now, I would like to go wheel the fuel tanker over to the Crocodile with the hand car and take the Crocodile Rod with me. I would then like to check the configuration of the switches.

I slept outside last night since someone demolished my house. :hmpf:

Anyways, there doesn't seem to be anything new to work on today. What should we do? And where did you guys put the dead body?

Well, since you ruys rave all rut stopped raying attention ro me, rowing rocks at your rain was my rast resort!

Like I said, I'll rip your head off for that. Greaseman or Elanor, can one of you do me a favour and shoot the dog? :tongue:

Ahhhhhhhh...! I feel so rejuvenated.

Now, I would like to go wheel the fuel tanker over to the Crocodile with the hand car and take the Crocodile Rod with me. I would then like to check the configuration of the switches.

Pete has proposed a plan. Would anyone else like to follow along?

NOTE: the dead body has been safely tucked away in a conveniently found bag aboard the Emerald. It has been placed within the baggage/supply car temporarily.

Aaah, what a refreshing night's sleep! I'm surprised Arin didn't try and sneak into my cabin and molest me, but you can't have everything.

I do feel bad for those poor, doe-eyed townsfolk. Look at them, with their emaciated grins and moist, questioning eyes. You'd have to have a heart of stone to resist their pleas for help. I wonder if there is anything I can do to soften the horror of their daily existence?

*ding* (insert light bulb icon here) Wait! I know!

*Schmelt opens the kitchen cabin window and tips yesterday's assortment of potato peelings, chicory shavings and escargot shells onto the milling crowd*

There you go, my friends! Feast well!

Also, not to be a hygiene freak or anything, but should we really just leave that body lying around in a bag? I'll use that side of caribou for lunch, so there's space in the cold room if we want to put her 'on ice'.

After 10 days, I'm a bit surprised that the railroad authorities haven't sent someone looking for us...

Fine, let's try Pete's idea.

*checks the pistol and then puts it in his pocket*

All right yokels, back away from the door, we're coming out, we've got business to conduct. If you're lucky, we'll let you help out and maybe you'll earn some more of Schmelt's kitchen scraps yummy food. :grin:

I don't think I want a dead body near my food. I don't really want it near my luggage either.

Schmelt, I did try to sneak in.. what?.. you didn't hear me. Too bad for you. It was your last chance. :hmpf:

I think I'd like to go along with Pete's idea as well. Schmelt, are you coming!!?

Schmelt, I did try to sneak in.. what?.. you didn't hear me. Too bad for you. It was your last chance. :hmpf:

I think I'd like to go along with Pete's idea as well. Schmelt, are you coming!!?

Sure, I'll come along for the ride.

I'd also like to visit the Crocodile with Pete :wink:

Yet how are we going to defend ourselves from the angry mob? Perhaps we should appease them with an offering of some kind. A human sacrifice maychance? Ve can pretend we can offed Eleanour ourself, set her body on fire, and as the townsfolk run screaming away in horror, make a run for it.

I will like to come along with Pete too.

I've got my eye on you, Brakes. I have a strange feeling that you might be involved in some of this mess.

I've got my eye on you, Brakes. I have a strange feeling that you might be involved in some of this mess.

Feel free to follow me closely. I am not one of the probable cause, but if it makes you feel better, I am fine with it.

Hmm, are we all here, by the way?

I don't know, but I have a tingling feeling that we should check if someone's missing. In murder mystery novels, more killings often happen after peaceful nights like these...

Let's see, aside from myself, I see Mark, Max, Brakes, Schmelt, Steve, Grease, Arin and from the townies, Ruffy, Howard and Pete.

That makes for eight out of the twelve passengers and train crew, and three out of the twelve townies... Okay, does anyone see any bodies laying around? :sceptic:

That makes for eight out of the twelve passengers and train crew, and three out of the twelve townies... Okay, does anyone see any bodies laying around? :sceptic:

Good count, Eleanor.

I think some staff and passengers should remain behind to guard the train against looters townsfolk. I doubt they will feel friendly and let us just waltz up to the Crocodile.

Ruff! Rust bear in rind rat I ron't rike guns and rave a habit of snatching them raway rom their owner's hands if they're aimed at someone!!!

...resides, rose stones ridn't do any ramage whatsoever.

Ranyway, it's rarting to rook rike there's roing to be some work ror my keen retective senses today?

I admit I'm a little grumpy about the behaviour last night, by both us townsfolk and you visitors. You were rude to us, but I think we overreacted. Things are bad enough without grudges going around, so I apologize on the behalf of myself the "townies". I'll do my best to help out and try to convince the other citizens to do the same.

Hey guys. Did you sleep okay?

I'll come too I guess. And how shocking about your friend Jennifer.

The group sets off for the fuel tanker not far from old Jeb's farm. A few even get to ride on the hand car along the way (but not Austin :laugh: ).

Arriving at the fuel tanker, the group looks at one another suspiciously...

I admit I'm a little grumpy about the behaviour last night, by both us townsfolk and you visitors. You were rude to us, but I think we overreacted. Things are bad enough without grudges going around, so I apologize on the behalf of myself the "townies". I'll do my best to help out and try to convince the other citizens to do the same.

Certainly, and I do apologize for our rudeness. As much as I would have liked to have you all on the train, it's against LRTS policies. Although, there is no reason why we can't bring a table outside of the train for dinner tonight and all have dinner together!

The group sets off for the fuel tanker not far from old Jeb's farm. A few even get to ride on the hand car along the way (but not Austin :laugh: ).

Arriving at the fuel tanker, the group looks at one another suspiciously...

I would like to inspect the fuel tanker and see if there is anything that might pose a hazard or anything unusual about it.