Clone OPatra

Single Pane Star Wars Funnies

Ha, ha! Great ones Oky! :laugh: Love the last two! Imagine Gollum's expression when his "Precious" blasts into hyper space! :laugh_hard:

Thanks! Hehe, yeah, I suspect he wont be grinning for long. :laugh:

Nice ones Oky (as always) !

Here are a couple of mine, both about the Sith Fury-Class Interceptor :

furyfi10.jpg

yodawg10.jpg

I hope the pictures aren't too big. :look:

Putting flick-fire missiles on flick-fire missiles was pure evil (genius). I bet the set designer is still cackling. :devil: I felt so dirty during that part of the build... :laugh:

Time to Flickr a flickr-fire missile... :wacko:

The A-Wing has flick-fires on flick-fires, too. That was confusing. I had no idea you could use the phrase "flick-fire missile" so many times!

Hehe, not bad Leewan. :grin: I have some jokes regarding the STWOR sets too. Thanks to CopMike, I now have a Darth Malgus and can finally execute some funnies I've been wanting to do, so here they are. Remember that discussion we had about Malgus a few pages ago?

8592625485_606dcbc3f2_z.jpg

Darth Malgus Eats Pancakes by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And does anyone else think that these figs look a little too much like a certain other Lord of the Sith?

8592624283_9f484d438c_z.jpg

Vader Fashion by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Hello! Since this thread doesn't have much going on, I present to you my first two Star Wars Funnies! Both of them are about Ackbar (I had to join in) becuase I got the A-Wing recently.

The first's implied punchline came from a review of the A-Wing on Lego.com. If you can't get the joke, think coffee nicknames.

coffee.jpg

The next just came to me.

apple_ackbar.jpg

Hope you liked them!

Oh by the way, I'm sorry to be the person doing this, Oky, but it is "syrup". :blush: I hate to correct you, as it's funny, but it just bugged me. Sorry, i just had to point it out! Your funnies are great though, no matter how you spell.

Oh by the way, I'm sorry to be the person doing this, Oky, but it is "syrup". :blush: I hate to correct you, as it's funny, but it just bugged me. Sorry, i just had to point it out! Your funnies are great though, no matter how you spell.

Well this is actualy quite interesting as both are acceptable, from laitn sirupus i believe. it changes dependent on where you live and the world around you. for many people the word is different, So both sirup and syrup are acceptable. :)

-Same with barbeque and barbecue.

I knew that knowledge would be useful one day. :laugh:

Edited by The Joker1

Really? I never knew that! I had always seen it as "syrup", so I assumed it was wrong. Thanks for telling me, TheJoker1!

Edited by 8BrickMario

8BrickMario...hilarious! It's a FRAP! :laugh: I'd like an Ackbar App that said his infamous line with the push of a button. That would be awesome.

Thank you! I've got another batch ready, but I'll wait a day or two to release it. I'm glad that you thought they were funny. Just to tell you, the next ones are all original, as opposed to executing jokes in LEGO.

Did you know that people have uploaded hours-long videos of "It's a TRAP!" looping over and over? Two things Ackbar and Nyan Cat have in common... torturously long looping videos of them!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Well this is actualy quite interesting as both are acceptable, from laitn sirupus i believe. it changes dependent on where you live and the world around you. for many people the word is different, So both sirup and syrup are acceptable. :)

-Same with barbeque and barbecue.

I knew that knowledge would be useful one day. :laugh:

And I hate to correct you, but syrup entered the English(and other european) language during the crusades, from Arabic sharab. So it is impossible for the word to exist in latin.

And I hate to correct you, but syrup entered the English(and other european) language during the crusades, from Arabic sharab. So it is impossible for the word to exist in latin.

From the online etymology dictionary: syrup (n.) dictionary.gif late 14c., from Old French sirop (13c.), and perhaps from Italian siroppo, both from Arabic sharab "beverage, wine," literally "something drunk," from verb shariba "he drank" (cf. sherbet). Spanish jarabe, jarope, Old Provençal eissarop are from Arabic; Italian sciroppo is via Medieval Latin sirupus.

I'm ashamed to say it took me quite a while to get the coffee pun. :blush: I don't drink enough coffee it seems!

Had a good few laughs at the latest panels!

Edited by Calanon

17930_10151581564898674_1692483454_n.jpg

- Sir, we found this stuff again!

" Hiding toys on Hoth became more and more difficult for the Easterbunny"

Well, I think I've held out too long to post my new funnies. But as a special anniversary of my first batch of funnies ( :laugh: Lame excuse, but I needed one), I, inspired by Oky and Deadpool's review on the Chopper Showdown, have invited Bib Fortuna to tell about the funnies, while I give editorial comments. Bib, start us off!

Batchuay wanna wanchi ko-

ENGLISH.

Geez. I sometimes forget to switch out of Huttese!Stupid 8ButtM-

WHAT?!?

Kind, forgiving, and merciful master 8BrickMario!

Continue.

trapdoor_to_nowhere_copy.jpg[/font]

All right. Master 8Brick had this first idea based on the period of time where Master Jabba's palace was out, but the Rancor Pit did not exist. Master 8Brick has graciously purchased the Pit to solve the problem, but what about those people who didn't (or still don't) have it?

I did this one because I was searching for funny material, and the "jab at LEGO" ones seemed to be popular, since they're relatable. Here's the next one I did with a butt-of-jokes-minifigure.

unfortunate_ackbar.jpg

Back to you, Bib SPACE Fortuna.

*Grumble* You know i'm touchy about my exile! Well, anyway, the next was yet another joke about the stupid Admiral Ackbar. Master 8Brick came up with the idea because his previous funnies were made within minutes of these ones. He brought the foolish Mon Calamari to the Palace, and wondered what would happen if Ackbar told every single guest about the trapdoor in the throne room. He calls the last funny "Unfortunate Ackbar", but Master Jabba and I like to call it "The Admiral's Retribution". Here it is (Notice I am the true star of the funnies. Master 8BrickMario gave me a speaking role in both!)

I am having too much fun with Ackbar, aren't I? :grin:

Bib, you are dismissed. If you want to appear again, don't call me, I'll call you. The Eurobrickers may sway my decision.....

Fine, don't expect me to come to you! Stupid wygo tibi atat....

I hope you liked it! I've gotta get some new material and hurt slap punish talk some sense into that disrespectful Twi'lek!

Edited by 8BrickMario

*Snip*

:laugh: Though I suggest leaving the explanations until after the pics, it makes them more funny if you work out what's going on.

- Sir, we found this stuff again!

" Hiding toys on Hoth became more and more difficult for the Easterbunny"

Nice! Hope the Easter bunny finds a new solution! White eggs maybe?

A little slow in here again. Hopefully this will get things going again:

Tour De Force by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Anakin: "Don't underestimate the power of the dark bike!" :vader:

Yoda: "Reach the pedals, I cannot." :yoda:

Nice Tour de France no I mean Tour de Force! Of course!

Edited by Esurient