Lars

[MOC] T-47 airspeeder

Thanks for your comments.

My Snowspeeder is now slightly updated. As any Snowspeeder MOC:er I've been waiting for more colors of the windshield piece I've used this time. Blue was never an option and I would prefer a clear one of course. Since this windshield piece is one extra plate high and only have two studs the canopy had be reworked somewhat. Any comments welcome as usual.

4456246283_363d1eeffb_m.jpg

Here's the older version for comparison:

3669456386_8dee899e85_m.jpg

I liked my previous version quite a bit. But since some of my design ideas have been popping up elsewhere with the new more accurate windshield, I thought I too should have a go at a new canopy.

Any comments on the result?

Edited by Lars

I think both versions look very good. :thumbup:

So, either way you win. :laugh:

The different slopes and colours add a nice variation to your Rebel fleet.

Superb modeling, you got the overall shape down to perfection! I really like the darker glass, it's a much more logical choice as it protects the pilot from the sun reflecting on the snowy white surface. However, what I do like about the windows of the older version is that they're on the same height. Did you consider rising the rear window one plate on the new version?

Lars's T-47 MOC is by far my favorite of everything I've seen on the MOC index, and as such I'm working on duplicating it in LDD so I can: a) learn from the best, and b) have a complete list of parts from LDD so I can bricklink this sucker. Lars, the instructions you provided in your Flickr gallery are amazingly helpful, and your technique is fascinating. Some of it I can't even duplicate in LDD! Anyways, if anybody is interested in the .LXF file just let me know!

Hello Lars! First I wanted to say that your T-47 MOC is among my all-time favorite here on Eurobricks. Anyways, as I've mentioned in a couple of other threads, I'm working on re-creating your MOC in LDD so I can eventually export an inventory and bricklink the parts myself, but I'm having a tough time finding the exact color you used for some of the brinks in the wings and on the bottom. Specifically, there's a 2x2 and 1x6 plate that are just oh-so-slightly yellower (?) than the light bley wedges around them. It's like a half-tan, half-bley...I can't match that color with anything! I'm starting to wonder if you're just so dedicated that you deliberately left some pieces in the sun to give your T-47 that awesome aged and worn look...?

Anyways, thanks for the excellent instructional photos on your flickr! Even with the instructions though, LDD just flat-out refuses to accept some of your rather clever techniques (especially the nose).

Really nice models, it's soo perfectly shaped. I'm going to try building something like that, it's really nice, thanks for sharing that with us.

Hello Lars! First I wanted to say that your T-47 MOC is among my all-time favorite here on Eurobricks. Anyways, as I've mentioned in a couple of other threads, I'm working on re-creating your MOC in LDD so I can eventually export an inventory and bricklink the parts myself, but I'm having a tough time finding the exact color you used for some of the brinks in the wings and on the bottom. Specifically, there's a 2x2 and 1x6 plate that are just oh-so-slightly yellower (?) than the light bley wedges around them. It's like a half-tan, half-bley...I can't match that color with anything! I'm starting to wonder if you're just so dedicated that you deliberately left some pieces in the sun to give your T-47 that awesome aged and worn look...?

Sounds like old grey pieces to me. Most people try to avoid mixing old grey with bley, but some people like the effect the color difference creates and mix these colors deliberately.