Lars

[MOC] T-47 airspeeder

indexed.gif

3668556707_a5d760c6c9_m.jpg

3669456386_8dee899e85_m.jpg

3668963543_23354f87ea_m.jpg

Going back to building Star Wars again with my absolute favorite from the galaxy far far away. The T-47 airspeeder, commonly known as the snowspeeder.

Even though some of the official snowspeeder iterations were decent, I don't think they ever truly captured the essence of this beautiful vessel. Making it in white was a big misstake IMO. It made it look way to shiny and new.

This Moc on the other hand has a mix of every grey/bley color available. That's a conscious descision on my part and I think it's a sadly underused method to achieve the right weathered look when MOC:ing SW stuff.

The stickers are custom made, but the front pattern is of course largely based on the official printed pieces.

The Moc is the second version I make with the same basic premise. A lot is different this time and you can take a look at the previous one at my old Brickshelf gallery for comparison if you like.

More pics of the snowspeder at my Flickr

Let me know what you think.

So..many...greebles! :cry_happy: This is one of your best ships yet! The interior is detailed, and the shape is perfect! :thumbup:

Amazing job.

Greetings,

JD

Another stunning piece of work Lars :thumbup:

I must say that I am envious of your skill at MOC'ing. :blush:

Amazing work. This is one of my favourite ships too. Your weathered effect looks great IMO :thumbup:. You have also scaled the model well :thumbup:.

Great work Lars, and a very successful update of your original too!

I love your attention to detail, such as the tiny intake, greebling around the engines/cannons, the harpoon cannon and cockpit - all very nice and very authentic. You're definitely an MoC'er to look out for! :wink:

It's a beauty :wub:

It looks very compact, looking at the cockpit. And highly detailed wings/lasers as well.

A comparison picture with the old models would be awesome if you'd find time for it. :blush:

Wow this snowspeeder is absolutely stunning. I saw this up on Flickr and immediately fell in love with it. Lars you continue to stun me with your work. Keep up the great work!

Edited by KinGanon

This is very well done. I love it. You created in Lego form one of my favourite ships from Star Wars. I agree with your comments about not using white pieces. The weathered look is much much better.

I love it very much ! Couldn't even find a thing that I didn't like.

Good pictures also and a nice comparison shot at the end. Hopefully you will add a bottom or exploded view as well. Would be nice to build one myself as I haven't been able to capture it's beauty as you have. Very good job :)

Very good work the only bad thing about it is the lack of white. :sceptic:

3673036240_d51cd1854e_m.jpg

3676646540_f53bbfb93a_m.jpg

Now I've added the requested comparison pic where you can see my snowspeeder MOC together with two of the official ones.

There's a couple of new pics added so you can have a look at all of them here

Edited by Lars

Thanks for adding those pictures :thumbup:

Yep, the new one(s, two!) definitly look smoother and more realistic. :cry_happy:

Edited by Future74

Thanks for adding thos pictures :thumbup:

Yep, the new one(s, two!) definitly look smoother and more realistic. :cry_happy:

That's really nice! Are you planning on doing build instructions like you have with some of your other models?

Sorry if im reviving this topic but WOW Lars this is Amazing!! :cry_happy::wub:

I have to say this is the best T-47 Airspeeder ever! :wub:

I love the Greebles :cry_happy:

Well done!

CommanderFox

Beautiful!

Since I cannot remember what the correct colour of the snowspeeder is, I'll go for what you said and MOCed; grey. And grey certainly is better that white!

Great work.

Keep MOCing!

Edited by Torax

This is really an amazing Snowspeeder Lars!

I was just thinking of how big it was in comparison to the "official" one.

The size is reallt great with a lot of nice details.

I really enjoy browsing the rest of your Flickr account as well.

I never saw this before. But this has to be the best Snow Speeder in minifig scale I've ever seen. Excellent work on this.