94 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

After much waiting this set finally appeared in my toy store and I just had to get it and do a review.

I for one have been anticipating the arrival of this new scaled set. I am not solely interested in the minifigs - they're nice, but not 'all' there is to a set. With this new scale I hope to see a lot of members and fans out there do MOC's of the entire Star Wars fleet :wub: I'd just love to see a midi-scale Home One or X-Wing. :grin:

Set #: 7778

Set name: Midi-scale Millenium Falcon

Theme: Star Wars

Sub-theme: Original Trilogy / Midi-scale

Price: Erhm...

Parts: As price, will be updated - now I have to do this review :laugh:

The Box:

mf001.jpg

Not much to say, it has the red design with 3 clones. It does have a few neat features.

It shows the real size of the MF in a picture with a hand holding it.

mf003.jpg

And it also has a fact picture where the classic UCS info is and also the real size of the craft, which is: 17 cm/6.7 in. wide, 23,5 cm/9.3 in. long and 8 cm/ 3.2 in. tall. Not much, but still a neat little thing, that I hope to see people scan and do UCS-signs from.

mf011.jpg

mf012.jpg

There's 3 polybags, an instruction and the dreadiest sticker sheet in a loooong time. (I'll get back to that).

Here's a few in-build pictures to enjoy:

mf018.jpg

mf023.jpg

mf027.jpg

mf031.jpg

When the model is build it looks like this:

mf034.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much, but consider that I have large hands :laugh:

So how was this for me?

It was good. The design is neat, eventhough I think the MF has become a little too 'long' and I'd like to have it more round. The only annoying part was adding the stickers. Especially the cockpit drove me nuts and I had to redo the 'stickering' a few times and I am still not happy with it. If only they (TLG) had actually gone 'all the way' and printed all those 2x2 round tiles and the cone part for the cockpit :cry_sad:

I like the size of it and I'd definately buy any midi-scale set they chose to release :wub:

It'll sit just perfect on the shelf in my living room.

I view this model as a mini UCS, but I could easily see kids running around with this going at "light-speed'. Imagine the playvalue if TLG decides to give us/them a midi-scale AT-AT!

Design: 9/10

Price: 5/10 (waaay to expensive compared to size and non-printed parts)

Playability 8/10 ('swooooooooooooshing')

Parts: 6/10 (nothing fancy or ultra good to have there)

Overall grade: This is where it becomes difficult. Star Wars LEGO is always expensive compared to non-license sets and the parts (or lack of same) doesn't justify slamming this set to the ground. I think it's a great set which I've already decided to get another one of to keep MISB. So not taking the above ratings into mind, I rate this as 8/10.

Finally here's a few pics of the finished model with some of it's new-found friends.

mf036.jpg

mf037.jpg

mf039.jpg

mf040.jpg

mf045.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery (when public) You can find High Resolution Pictures (not resized) there as well.

good review, i saw this set in a store but i didnt pick it up due to high prices(double the highest EU price to get the turkish price).

for me it is nothing special, no special elements,figs and no printed parts. also nice last pic with EB troopers :classic:

A lovely review, KimT! )

The set is indeed good and worth buying, no doubt. )

And I'd love to swoosh some mid-scale vehicles around the flat..... I sure hope TLC releases morew of them, so that we can have really nive space battles with them! *BANG!* :laugh:

Thanks for the review. ) :classic:

Looks interesting, but is it possible to get a picture of this next to another vehicle (preferably another Falcon) to clearly see the scale? The picture with the minifigs help, but pictures with another vehicle would really help...

Nice review to a neat little set. I wonder if this is just the beginning of the midi scale line.

:thumbup:

Thanks and definately yes, or at least I hope that it is :wub:

I'm pretty mixed about this set, and might not pick it up as planned. For whatever reason, a Millennium Falcon without minifigs seems pretty barren.

Thanks for the review, KimT! :classic:

I really like the look of this nice little set (I always like small sets similar to this :laugh:), but it is too expensive for me.

If all of the parts were printed, then I would say the price would be just OK, but unfortunately, 8 pieces are not. :sceptic:

However, I do like the greebles and the use of the trans-light blue tube as the engine.

I hope to see more midi-scale sets in the future! :sweet:

By the way, what does the back of the box have?

EDIT: I voted above average for this fine little set.

EDIT II: Also, what's up with all of the random colors inside the set? It looks like LEGO was trying to get rid of some tan, yellow, red, and blue bricks/plates. :look:

Edited by ILikePi

The tan parts are used to ease the build.

It's much easier to recognize where to put a brick when it's next to a tan brick instead of a gray one.

It's just that simple.

Plus it's always good to get more tan, especially those 1x4 and 1x6 bricks.

And this is the back of the box:

It has a picture of the MF plus an inventory:

mf006.jpg

Wow that's smaller than i thought, pity it didn't have any figures.

Dumb questions, how is it you can do a review but you can say the price?.

Excellent review for an excellent set ! :thumbup:

>After much waiting this set finally appeared in my toy store and I just had to get it and do a review.

Woah, wait. It's out? What store?

Wow that's smaller than i thought, pity it didn't have any figures.

Dumb questions, how is it you can do a review but you can say the price?.

I can, it's 349 DKr at retail price.

Now that's not very usefull to anyone :laugh:

I'll find the GBP, USD and EUR price and add those instead.

349 dkr is around 46eur, but i think tht the price will be 39eur/49usd

I can, it's 349 DKr at retail price.

Now that's not very usefull to anyone :laugh:

I'll find the GBP, USD and EUR price and add those instead.

Oh right, my heads still in the Aussie sales thread.

Rich set, nice review.

Good to see that LEGO Co. got the number of quad guns right this time!

Cheers for the review KimT :thumbup:

It's a great wee set and a very authentic looking MF for it's scale. I'm not entrirely sure if I'll pick it up - as I prefer sets that include minifig(s) - but if I ever spot one at a bargain price I'll most likely add it to my collection.

Thanks for the review KimT :classic:. I probably wont bother to get this but if I see it on discount I might. Looks like a quite good parts pack too, if you like grey :tongue:.

I'm not sure about this set. I guess it's okay if you want a collector model, but can't afford 500$ (like most of us :cry_sad: ) but it has no play features, like even some landing gear or inclued han solo or somthing :sceptic:. rated it a 3. Pretty nice reveiw KimT, but I wouldn't advise a greay background for a mostly grey set.

Thanks for the review. Always good to see some photos apart from the box because you get a better idea of what the set looks like.

I like the set and hope there'll be more midi scale sets in the future. Its very swooshable is what I like about it (imagine trying to swoosh the UCS Falcon ... arhhh my back!!). The lack of a minifigure is ok with me because you just have to price it accordingly and that's where I feel that Lego got it wrong. This set is far too expensive but that's been a moan about Lego Star Wars for a long long time but I feel that this set may be setting a new benchmark.

ive got mixed feelings bout this set. As it is one of a kind thats a draw to me but the price and also with no minifigs its not interesting. I might pick it up when its on sale for a lot cheaper

I have pretty mixed feelings on this set.

The price seems a little steep for what you get, but it does fix the main problem with the minifig scale Falcons - vastly improved swooshability.

It's also smaller than I thought it would be compared to the only other midi-scale ship - Vader's TIE from 10188. Perhaps some comparisson photo's would be good if anyone with both sets could oblige?