Captain Green Hair

Build a frigate with Captain Green Hair

I dont really get it. Are you and a few other guys just making instructions for your newest ship? :yoda: anyway, it looks interesting

Edited by the_green_avenger

I dont really get it. Are you and a few other guys just making instructions for your newest ship? :yoda: anyway, it looks interesting

Just check the link in the opening post, should be pretty much self-explanatory...

Great work Armendariz! I should get my hands on some hinges since all my hinges are spent on my other ships...

Unfortunately I've told myself not to order LEGO anymore for a period of time. I still need to afford schoolbooks and other stuff...

And that is really expensive. :pir_bawling:

Wow, your tutorial is really detailed and (seems) easy to follow, Captain! :pir_laugh2:

Unfortunately I have almost none of those pieces listed so far, but that's just because Pirates isn't my number one LEGO theme (it's in my top 5, though). :pir-grin:

Unfortunately I've told myself not to order LEGO anymore for a period of time. I still need to afford schoolbooks and other stuff...

And that is really expensive. :pir_bawling:

I nkow what you mean. This order will be my last also for awhile! :pir_laugh2:

(it's in my top 5, though). :pir-grin:

It better be, because if its not, you shall be hung for posting in here! :pir-tongue:

Hi, long-time lurker de-lurking (just signed up tonight---this project is the reason why). I've always wanted a "bigger" pirate ship, but frankly, I've never been good at MOC---99% of my stuff is purely from LEGOs own instructions or slight modifications---but a step-by-step guide is exactly what I can work from!

Don't have the parts required yet, but I have a good start----my original BSB (the only set saved from my childhood, 95% original parts), plus enough parts to "convert" my BSB to the SES (I thought that'd be cheaper than getting an original SES---wasn't really), some extra mast/rigging bits as spares for my BSB just in case, and 1 extra mid-section. If it's still "available" I'd like to do my version in a Caribbean Clipper-esque scheme. Need to buy a lot of brown plates and cannons.

For the latest step, what exactly makes up the tan deck planking? I have Vladek's dark fortress, so that should provide at least some of the tan plates.

Edited by steele

Just check the link in the opening post, should be pretty much self-explanatory...

thanks rick! Nice ship you got going there cgh! But shouldn't you be working on the prins willem...

For some time now I've planned to destroy my frigate L'Orient and build a better one. This is a nice opportunity and I'll join in. I've just placed a BL order since I was almost out of brown bricks/plates and black tiles. So I'll have to wait a bit for the BL order to arrive before I can start. I'll also do the ship in a dark-red/black scheme as CGH. That color combination has been on my mind for a while now and it will work very well for a French frigate I think.

The instuctions specify old hull sections, but will new hull sections work as well? I was hoping to build a small vessel from the hull of the new pirate ship using these instructions.

I like all the fresh fish we have been getting as of late.

My only tip for building is to just go for it. Build what you think you can, and give this forum some time. As you see others building things, it will give you ideas, and increase your own building skill.

I think I have come leaps and bounds from being with this rabble. I think you will too.

The instuctions specify old hull sections, but will new hull sections work as well? I was hoping to build a small vessel from the hull of the new pirate ship using these instructions.

You might have to alter the shape of a few things, but it should work methinks.

I think I have come leaps and bounds from being with this rabble. I think you will too.

I have also. :pir-sweet:

Hey CGH CBH, do you think you could update the parts list in the first post of the build thread? That way I can buy all the pieces I need at once when I can afford them. The ship is coming along well! :thumbup:

Edited by Admiral M

I'll second that--especially with regards to black plates. I'd hate to order another 75 2x3s, only to find out that I really needed 1x6s...

I will update tomorrow guys, including the parts list.

Making up a parts list from scratch is difficult though, so you'll always have a bit too much, or too less of things..

Ok i've added another step and updated the parts list a bit.

Guesstimating the use of parts is difficult though, please bare that in mind.

I hope all is clear. :pir-classic:

All clear Captain!

How many guns will this ship have on it's gundeck?

The combination of black and dark red looks great :pir-wub:

All clear Captain!

How many guns will this ship have on it's gundeck?

The combination of black and dark red looks great :pir-wub:

20 on the main gun deck and some more on her top decks. She'll be a 26 - 28 gun frigate when finished.

The dark red is great, you'll see on friday. :pir-wink:

That's a lot more cannons than I have... (I'm kind of surprised the prices for cannons haven't gone down much compared to a couple years ago, despite cannons being back on the shelves again--metallic, firing ones at that)

Edited by steele

That's a lot more cannons than I have... (I'm kind of surprised the prices for cannons haven't gone down much compared to a couple years ago, despite cannons being back on the shelves again--metallic, firing ones at that)

Well i never put in all cannons, juat wait and see before your start ordering them. :pir-wink:

For those who do want to put all in, they'll have to make parts of the interior by them selves.

Ok, i have placed some more steps.

I hope all is clear, if not let me know.

I'll update the parts list a.s.a.p.

And now i am eager to see somee of your WIP shots, so put them in here if you like! :thumbup:

Ok, i have placed some more steps.

I hope all is clear, if not let me know.

I'll update the parts list a.s.a.p.

And now i am eager to see somee of your WIP shots, so put them in here if you like! :thumbup:

Have you ever tryed the way I made a bow technique?

You just need these pieces:

Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Headlight 4x

Slope 33 3 x 2 (As many as needed to make it high enough.)

Slope 33 3 x 1 (In case it gets too high, or you want to place a cannon port in the front.)

Slope 45 2 x 2 (As many to cover your bow)

Anyway, After my HMS Unicorn, I am going to use this tutorial to make 2 smalll frigates! One French/Dutch and one British.

So Ill have 1 to destroy, and another frigate to sail beside my Flagship!

Im liking how this is looking already! :thumbup:

Really enjoying the series.

I had a minor question: why do some of the gunports have a 1x2 plate at the bottom of the opening while others have a 1x2 tile?