Barbaros

Captain Roger or Redbeard?

Hi all!

I really don't know if this topic was touched before or not, so I would like to know which name do you prefer to use for the legendery pirate, is it Captain Roger or Captain Redbeard?

To me personally its Captain Roger, since I came to know him as a child by that name and that's the name that got stuck in my memory...

Maybe someone can help me by adding a poll for this question?

I always knew the mini-figure to be Captain Roger too so it takes a bit of getting used to this Nothern Americian "Captain Redbeard"

I've now come to suspect they are identical twin brothers!

I always knew the mini-figure to be Captain Roger too so it takes a bit of getting used to this Nothern Americian "Captain Redbeard"

I've now come to suspect they are identical twin brothers!

I could go along with that as long as we recognize Redbeard was born first by a minute. :pir_laugh2:

As a Eurpoean I also got to know the dude as Captain Roger long before I heard the name Redbeard... However, as I started looking up Lego pirate-related stuff on the web, I eventually got used to the name Redbeard as the more frequently used one. So right now Redbeard would be my first choice...

I remember him as Redbeard so thats my vote. By the way, in the family of pirate captains Redbeard and Ironhook are brothers also. :pir-wink:

Neither, though I will refer to the captain that comes with the classic pirates set as Red Beard (as in Red Beard Runner). I have 3 or 4 old captain minifigures (as well as several new captain minifigures), and they all have distinct identities.

Can't have a pirate council if it's entirely comprised of one pirate.

I call him Redbeard. I called him that ever since I got Redbeard's Runner. I didn't know he had another name.

Redbeard for me - it fits in with Bluebeard, Greenbeard, Blackbeard, Redbeard...

Roger is a bit mudane.

Besides, Roger Runner doesn't sound nearly as good as Red Beard Runner.

To me it is Captain Roger because when I was a kid I read the LEGO Pirate books and they always called him the same name

I had the same trouble with Johnny Thunder because with the Egyption themes, he was known as Sam Grant and I still call him that today

To me it is and always will be Redbeard. I grew up knowing him as Captain Redbeard, and Captain Roger doesn't sound nearly as good as Captain Redbeard. And yes, Redbeard is such an awesome name.

So again, it's Redbeard to me! :pir-classic:

-General Magma

Edited by General Magma

How about Captain Roger Redbeard? :pir-grin:

I had the same trouble with Johnny Thunder because with the Egyption themes, he was known as Sam Grant and I still call him that today

Wow, I didn't know that he was called Sam Grant. :pir-oh3:

I could go along with that as long as we recognize Redbeard was born first by a minute. :pir_laugh2:

No, I've changed my mind... Red Beard is Captain Roger's father. Roger's full name being Roger Redbeard....

As a Eurpoean I also got to know the dude as Captain Roger long before I heard the name Redbeard... However, as I started looking up Lego pirate-related stuff on the web, I eventually got used to the name Redbeard as the more frequently used one. So right now Redbeard would be my first choice...

I don't think I remember referring to him by any name, but Redbeard was the common name I found online as an AFOL. I looked up (in the 1990 Dutch catalogue) what he was called in Dutch: Kapitein Knoest, which means something like 'Captain Knot', commander of the pirate ship De Norse Haai: 'The Surly Shark' :shark:

Im used to him being called redbeard so i like it more. i think it makes sence if his full name is Roger Redbeard.

As a child, I came to know him as Redbeard as well. But now I sometimes call him Brickbeard?

Brickbeard is the new (Pirates II, 2009) pirate captain.

I bet all of Redbeard's children are illegitimate :pir-laugh: