sigpro

WIP Snowtrooper Imperial Base

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hello again.

Since the end of 2008 I have been with this "little" project.

I am building -and hope to finish soon- an Imperial Base.

Its size is 16 48x48 stud baseplates -1,6 x 1,6 meters-.

This is one of the very first pics of my base, after I moved to a newer house.

dsc020500sw5.th.jpg

If you click on the pic, you will see some labels in spanish. They mean the following:

-Sala común. Common lounge, for briefing, kitchen, mess hall, etc,

-Armería. Weapons storage.

-Zona médica. Medical area.

-Dormitorios de la tropa. Barracks.

-Calabozo. Jail.

-Edificio de mando. Command building.

-Generadores. Power plant.

-Hangar. Hangar.

There have been many changes and many structures have been added. I will show you many interesting things.

Enjoy it.

Greetings.

Nice "little" base you're making. :oh:

Good luck, with the rest of the base.

the Inventor

Only 16? Okay... I hope you have enough bricks, that's a huge amount of parts needed.

Looking good sigpro! You must be going to get, or have got, a lot of snowies to fill that base up! :cry_happy: I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

Will there be AT-ATs and AT-STs? I think it would complete the base and would look nice in the hangar. :thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

That will be a pretty big project. He will probably put his Fig scale AT-AT in there, and I think he had some AT-STs two.

I can't wait to see some pics of your progress in the future.

HI again!

Well, that is a pic from January. Now all the buildings but the hangar are finished. I bought more than 600 1x16 DBG bricks. And I am running out of them...

I had planned to have many snowbikes, 6 AT-ST and 2 TIE CRAWLER. But I think I will leave out the Tie Crawlers.

The AT AT is impossible to fit, as it is 60 cms high, so it is very hard to build such a high hangar.

Anyway all your comments are wellcomed and I hope you keep on enjoying when reading the topic.

Thanks!

That is a big space!!! :pir-oh:

Any idea how much this is going to cost if you don't mind my asking?

I think you should place the AT-AT outside of the base, around the back. You should also put armed guards around it as well. Regardless of how you do it, I think you should add the AT-AT somewhere around the base. :thumbup:

Well, that is a pic from January. Now all the buildings but the hangar are finished.

Dont leave us at bay and post up the latest version :grin:

Well, the base is not finished yet, and I will try to be a good guy and post recent pics.

About many questions you made...I have spent more than 500 euro and it is going on.

Nowadays I have more than 60 snowtroopers, and I want to have more than 120. Imagine...

The only problem I have is that my house is not very big. The base is hanging from the ceiling of the room with a system of wires and weights. So I can´t put the AT AT around the base. Maybe if I attend the HISPABRICK I could do something like that.

I have also bought many droids -from set 8015- to make the security and service duties in the base. For example protecting the command building, the reactor building, serve as kitchen workers and so on.

Mmm and I don´t find anything more now. I will post something else later.

This sounds like a great project! I can't wait to see the finished thing. :cry_happy:

Dont leave us at bay and post up the latest version :grin:

I'm guessing sigpro uses this same base in his comic too so you can see lots of sneak-peeks there. :wink:

Hello again and again!

Thanks again for the comments (uh, 1/3 of my words is "again")

Another feature when building a big structure is the door design. I didn´t know how to build them, but my friend Nino -owner of electricbricks- showed me a picture of a big structure hosted at MOC pages.

I decided that was a good model, so I used it.

dsc02429w.jpg

Of course, the colours were changed. Two tiles modified 1x1 were attached, so a 4L bar could be fitted and used as a handle.

I will also show you the dining room -call it "restaurant" would be heretical-. This room can also be used as a briefing room -only in very rare situations-. 78 can eat, which is about a 50% of the enlisted personnel.

comedorbase.jpg

My next reply will include the defense turrets.

Bye and greetings!

Edited by sigpro

I like the door design, but for since this is a Star Wars MOC, I would have used a sliding door design such as the one in 7666 Hoth Rebel Base. The Mess Hall is nice too. I assume you are going add tables. :tongue: Good work, and I can't wait to see some more pics. (I'm not rushing you though)

You are right, and I have built many sliding doors.

The important structures have them. The command building, the reactor, the prison and the arsenal. All of them have sliding doors.

This model of door is used in the hospital, the mess hall, the kitchen and the barracks.

Inside the buildings I used the typical LEGO door frame and door.

Thanks for the comments!

Greetings.

I really like how you are taking a new approach to Hoth and instead of doing the classic Rebel Base, you are doing an Imperial Base.

Yes, that was my idea. A permanent Imperial Base in a cold planet. Fighting pirates, smugglers and...other enemies of old wars.

I promised you pics of the turrets.

dsc02586v.th.jpg

dsc02587.th.jpg

Fortunately, the turrets allow a wide arc, so they can be used against air and ground targets.

How did I get such arc?

dsc02597.th.jpg

dsc02598p.th.jpg

dsc02601w.th.jpg

I hope you enjoy it. Another day I will post something about the reactors.

Greetings!

I wonder quite frequently why LEGO does not employ some of our members for new set designs. :hmpf: Great turret! :thumbup:

Edited by Jammiedodger714