Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

pirate ship

indexed.gif 12b

i found this on brickshelf:

skip3.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

so we finally have a large pirate ship that uses the well known hull pieces...

it looks nice, but lacks details, cannons, minifigs,... but it's a very good start...

it looks nice, but lacks details, cannons, minifigs,... but it's a very good start...

I'd be happy for years if I could MOC up something like that...

Workmanlike but still an awsome MOC. Great find! Now we all need to sail away before Phes gets one...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well that's a very nice one! Why has its creator published so few pictures? We can't see much detail, for instance I wonder if the sterncastle can be opened, can we see the cabin's interior and what's inside? It's impossible to present a MOC this huge on only 5 pictures... Also, the masts should be taller with one more sail on top of each of them, the ship looks slow with those multiple decks and so small total surface of the sails.

This is a Inquistion ship that is yet to be fitted - just look at the flag...

It also has Imperial Guards' flag... And something that looks like the flag of the Netherlands turned upside down or a French flag turned 90 degrees. Weird... :)

It must of been a joint venture between Britain and the Inqusition to produce the ultimate battleship. However this seems to be a prototype from decades ago. Before my time anyway.

I think this one looks the best

skip2.jpg

The second has a strange cabin design IMO

But the parts would be very welcome, I can't do that...

The lack of cannons doesn't bother me, it is just a nice... errr... frame?

I would prefer longer, what means heavier armed, I would also make a small front castle, and I would change the cabin, it is a pity that the creator didn't take anymore pictures :-(

Nice ship. I like the cabin.

Sad that it is unfinished.

The rigging could be better.

This guy also has a great fortress in his brickshelf directory.

Has this been on display already?

Has great detail and a well equiped garrison to guard it.

imga0120red.jpg

Why does brickshelf not provide a way to contact people ... ?

Would be great if we could invite the creator to the pirate forum.

One of the few ships to effectively raise the sides without appearing flat. (Can't specify why :-P) The cabin is nicely designed.

The fortress overshadows the ship altogether. Great design and colors. Bonaparte, you might want to create a separate thread for this fortress.

I kinda disagree with the name of the thread "from a distance"

I think it looks very good, although it could use some work...

Has this been on display already?

Has great detail and a well equiped garrison to guard it.

imga0120red.jpg

I don't recall seeing this before, create a new thread for it and if someone points out its been shown before I'll merge the threads.

Why does brickshelf not provide a way to contact people ... ?

Would be great if we could invite the creator to the pirate forum.

Yes it would be great, but it may also lead to the users being spammed. Although I leave my Email addresses whereever and it doesn't seem to be that much of a problem.

I think this ship looks nice from a distance or from far away, and the fort looks nice too and derserves it's own thread, although after a second look it apears that there are actully 2 or 3 similar forts in one folder.

I've always wanted to make a fort like this but the bluecoats and redcoats mixed but I love that neat little flagpole.

Beuty of a ship i think. Appears to me, that it is a Galleon. That's my opinion. That fort looks awsome too.

Beuty of a ship i think. Appears to me, that it is a Galleon. That's my opinion. That fort looks awsome too.

The second could be a galleon but It apears to ME the first one is ship of the line...

The second could be a galleon but It apears to ME the first one is ship of the line...

I think it is rather a Frigate because it has only 42 guns.

I think it is rather a Frigate because it has only 42 guns.

Frigates can be ships of the line too...

And it actually hasn't got cannons at all :-P

The Ship of the Line Wikipedia seems to indicate that Ships of the Lines were the first, second and third rate ships were while the frigates were the fourth, fifth and sixth rate ships.

However, Fourth Rate Wikipedia article directly states that a 4th rate is a Ship of the Line.

But we must bare in mind the Wikipedia article could have been written by anyone and their information may not be accurate. Is there a more reliable source where can confirm what a fourth rate ship is?

The Ship of the Line Wikipedia seems to indicate that Ships of the Lines were the first, second and third rate ships were while the frigates were the fourth, fifth and sixth rate ships.

However, Fourth Rate Wikipedia article directly states that a 4th rate is a Ship of the Line.

Indeed, but in the Fourth Rate Wikipedia article is written: "In the British Royal Navy, a fourth-rate was, during the 18th century, a ship of the line mounting 50-60 guns ." So this ship is clearly not a fourth-rate (since it has only 42 guns) but a fifth rate instead.

But on the Fifth Rate Wikipedia article is written: "In the British Royal Navy, a fifth-rate was a sailing frigate mounting 32 to 44 guns with the main battery on a single deck". And since this ship has 2 decks.... I don't know what kind of ship it is :-D

Isn't Frigate a class? SOTL Also a class? I can't see why a class can be in another class? So, I don't think so. But I might be wrong :capn: .

That's what I was thinking too, but Mr Tiber said frigates can be Ships of the Line. So maybe he's just balmy :-D

That's what I was thinking too, but Mr Tiber said frigates can be Ships of the Line. So maybe he's just balmy :-D

I think ships of the line were ships that were powerful enough to be used in a battle in line formation (like the battle of Trafalgar).

So maybe a powerful frigate could be used in a line formation and could then be called a ship of the line.