Sign in to follow this  
Evil Willy

My Pirate, Castlie MOC's

OK it took me a few hours to get all the pics, sort out, rename etc..And now I bring you a page of a few of my MOCS

The Dragon Tankard Tavern...Its is used as the main port in Evil Stevies Pirate game

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/12183

Forest Docks...Hmm This is an old castle, which is being used by pirates in Evil Stevies Pirate game

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/12185

The Blacksmith...Inspired my Blacksmith shop...Hmm For Evil Stevies Pirate game once again, thats why none of my MOC's have roofs...So we can move around

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/12184

The Lotus...She is my beauty, and my pride. My Pirate Ship. The only one I have spent much time on soo far. The others are just to play so im not posting them...Tell me what you think of her.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/12182

OK rate them please!!!

Hope you enjoy.

The marriage of pirate and castle... At long last! But which do you prefer better?

I would have created a thread for each of these MOCs if I was posting them, because I'm very expansive you see.

Nah..I dont want to, I like them the way they are...They need to be verry open, Dragontankard tavern has al the walls but is well usable, and the blacksmith is just fine.

Here's a tip Mr Evil Willy. you probably would get more reviews and feedback had you posted these MOCs in individual threads within the space of about 7-10 days of each other. This way people can have a decention discussion about one MOC for a week before moving onto the next. When they're presented with four at once it seems a bit daunting to review them all at once.

However, I'm going to attempt to get the ball rolling and review the first MOC, then I'll review the other MOCs at a later date. However, someone else might review one or more of the MOCs in the meantime and I can see this thread getting messy and confusing. Of course I could be wrong, so we'll see how it goes...

DragonTankard Tavern

DragonTankardinnFrontTop.jpg

First of all I'll begin by saying MOCs look better when photographed against a neutral colour background. Maybe this isn't applicable in every instance but A1 sized cardboard sheets (preferably blue for pirate MOCs) are inexpensive and many people have an old sheet lying around somewhere, so it would be good to hunt one of those down.

Some pictures focusing on the smaller details wouldn't go astray either. The The Brickster's Western set reviews are superb good examples of how to visually document a LEGO creation.

What I see here is an open faced tavern with what appears to be a jetty coming out the front of it. The tavern looks more like a cavern with all the black bricks and its tan coloured floor. I'm not sure if I'm suppose to presume the floor is sand or carpet. However, if this is intended to be a tavern built inside of cavernous cliff face then I'd have to say that's an interesting an original idea. If not then I'm not sure the MOC works for me because it looks more like ruins then a complete building. Are we supposed to imagine that this tavern is completely enclosed?

There are some nice touches of detail like the flames, the foliage and chain which break the monotomy of the blackness. The jetty has a goodly amount of supplies and I wouldn't mind that barrel full of oars for myself. :D But what's that thing with the flames on the table supposed to be?

I must ask, why the castle mini-figures and flag? Is there any particular reason they have been included in what seems to be a pirate MOC? Since there is already a pirate flag is the castle flag really necessary?

It would be interesting to know more about the story behind this MOC besides that's its used in Evil Stevie's Pirate game. Like do the mini-figures have names? Who are the affiliated/allied with? What has bought them to this tavern? Where is this tavern location, etc.

Anyway, this is a good effort laddie! So keep up the Pirate MOCing! (maybe ditch the Castle mini-figures though :oD )

OK, who is going to review next?

OK well...At first I think the idea is to take the ruins of a castle...A place where nobody goes too anymore. And have Pirates take over...That way they can havea nice sturdy place to stay, without being bothered by imperials. The castle minifigs are intended to be....Hmm nothing I guess they shall go. As for the castle flasg it is a of a dragon and I use it just to represent the name of the Tavern/hideout. If you want story..visit my website for story shall come...As I get more into it more detail will be added and you should know just about everything. The floor is like that because its all I have...If I had lots of brown/tan than I could have made something nice..Even grey for that matter. I have what I can get. And get what I can afford. THe "Thing" on the table is suposed to be a huge chandalire...For ambiance I guess. If you guys can find me any lots of bricks( a lot) then tell me. Im 14 years of age, so thats part of the reason.

Thanks

William

What's being 14 got to do with anything? There's younger than you here!

What's the address to your homepage where this story will becoming to?

If you want to buy lots of bricks, then try websites like eBay or BrickLink... Unless you want to go round searching garage sales and flea markets this is the only way you're going to get cheap second hand bricks.

The fact that im 14 has quite a bit to do with it ..Because I cant afford soo many bricks..I use ebay though and im looking for a lot of brick lots....and the website is Here

Thanks

Nah not self torture..Im just saying I cant afford as much LEGO's...But I have a little job with my dad and get some 50$ everynow and then...About everyweek soo its fine to buy some legos...Should be getting imperial trading post soon which would be very very S***Y(Turn ON) and its christmas time so LEGOs are to be had in mass quantities:D

Edit: I have just recentley bought about 50 pirate minifigs...Im getting there slowly but surely.

An Imperial Trading post - NICE!!! Where'd you manage to get that from?

50 pirate mini-figures sounds like a goodly amount. Is this just pirates, or does it include Imperial Guards and Imperial Armada mini-figures as well? By all means take pictures of them and post them in a new thread, because I'd be interested in seeing what you've got.

Well everything is purchased on ebay...The figs are all pirates..I only have 35 right now with 15 coming probabley today when I get home from school:D soo ill have 50, I have 1 blue coat which you see in dragon tankard lol! 1..yeh but the trading post is not mine yet but I will try and win it, what is a good price by the way? So soon enough ill take pics of everything! maybe tonight if I get the pirates. And for the trading most gimme maybe 10 days or soo.

How much did you pay for these pirates? You can even provide links to the auctions if you like - if the auctions are still stored in eBay that is.

the pirates were bought in "gems in the attic" a lego store for .80$ each...Buy it now he has hundreds...I dont have a link right now. Ebay doesnt wanna work at school.

USA BL store Phes.

He buys up cheap stuff from a guy in Denmark and then sells them for a profit.

Then t'would be good to know the price Evil Willy paid for these figures to see how much profit this BrickLink seller is making.

Hmm Gems In the attic is an Ebay store..Online, I dont know if he is also an actual shop....Im not sure what u mean..I said I paid about .80-1$ ea

Ooops! I mean it would be good to know the price the Danish seller sells the mini-figures for, compared to what Evil Willy pays for them.

Hmmm... We've got enough off topic posts to create a new thread...

The DragonTankard Tavern is a very good MOC. I like the use of black without letting it ruin the creation, the ruins are well thought out annd the overall scale is very nice. Good work!

God Bless,

Nathan

The DragonTankard Tavern reminds me of a 1986 video game (on Sega Master System) called Golden Axe Warrior - the colours look like mountain scenery in that game, and we also had ruined buildings there, and the view in the game was from upper angle, something like this:

DragonTankardinnFrontTop.jpg