Has anyone any experience running SR3D on a mac with bootcamp and win7? Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. My old Win laptop didn't run it because of an incompatible graphics card.

Edited by lego2lego

I don't have used SR3D on a Mac (because I don't have one and don't want one), but I think it will work on yours (although that NVidia thing isn't the most powerful card...). I don't know which graphics card your old laptop has, but it may be incompatible because of an old DirectX version support. Your NVidia card has the right DriectX support, so I guess it will work.

But these are all thoughts, so don't think I'm 100% right :grin::wink:

I don't have used SR3D on a Mac (because I don't have one and don't want one), but I think it will work on yours (although that NVidia thing isn't the most powerful card...). I don't know which graphics card your old laptop has, but it may be incompatible because of an old DirectX version support. Your NVidia card has the right DriectX support, so I guess it will work.

But these are all thoughts, so don't think I'm 100% right :grin::wink:

Just wanted to make sure before going through the trouble of installing windows. Thanx

Has anyone any experience running SR3D on a mac with bootcamp and win7? Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. My old Win laptop didn't run it because of an incompatible graphics card.

Hi

I know about someone was able to run my application on a mac.

I recommend you to have a look to my application official forum and/or search for the topic on the net.

Please , notice that not all windows emulators for mac work since my application uses a manually compiled shader for improving performance

Sergio

Hi

I know about someone was able to run my application on a mac.

I recommend you to have a look to my application official forum and/or search for the topic on the net.

Please , notice that not all windows emulators for mac work since my application uses a manually compiled shader for improving performance

Sergio

Thanks,

I will give it a try, i'll report back what my findings are.

Up and running! Macbook pro with bootcamp and win7. Finally an "easy" way to build some complex technic models, although my "I don't need a manual" approach to the application wasn't very successful. But I'll figure it out eventually!

Up and running! Macbook pro with bootcamp and win7. Finally an "easy" way to build some complex technic models, although my "I don't need a manual" approach to the application wasn't very successful. But I'll figure it out eventually!

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to post them! There's a high chance I know the answer :grin::wink:

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to post them! There's a high chance I know the answer :grin::wink:

Oh ok then,is there a way simple way to rename SR3D's flex parts to LSynth parts?

If so could you share a code snippet of the transfer?

Oh ok then,is there a way simple way to rename SR3D's flex parts to LSynth parts?

If so could you share a code snippet of the transfer?

Sadly, that isn't possible (as far as I know). You can export an L3B file to a .dat file, which includes the flexible parts, but it isn't LSynth. You end up with hundreds of lines of code for 1 flexible part...

This lack of LSynth is a big disadvantage in my opinion... :sceptic:

Sadly, that isn't possible (as far as I know). You can export an L3B file to a .dat file, which includes the flexible parts, but it isn't LSynth. You end up with hundreds of lines of code for 1 flexible part...

This lack of LSynth is a big disadvantage in my opinion... :sceptic:

Yes that is what I have already told Sergio,all we need is a converter like program at can read the output .l3b and transfer it to a .dat file. :look:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Yes that is what I have already told Sergio,all we need is a converter like program at can read the output .l3b and transfer it to a .dat file. :look:

What you can do of course, is create the flexible part, export it as a dat and then threat it as a normal LDraw part in another model. I never tried it, but in theory it should work. Although I don't really see any advantages...

Hi everybody,

here is my Christmas gift for you all!

The latest version of my application is now available.

Download as usual from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

The most evident improvement is the UI.

It has been partially revisited and here is a list of changes:

- the displacement caddy has been changed a little: now when you hoover with the mouse over an arrow it highlights. you can now:

1) click on the arrow to rotate selection by 90° around the axle

2) slide mouse wheel to perform step rotation

3) Shift+mouse wheel to perform fine rotation of selection

- Moving the model to change the look at point now happens along the grid plane

- A navigation panel has been added (from the View menu) to make easy working with UI and with big (extended) models. It works quite easy:EV3_Sample.jpghttps://www.dropbox....ll-NavPanel.png

. Click and drag on the plane to pan move look at point

. Click and drag on the globe to rotate model

. Click and drag on arrow to lower/rise model

. Use the red cross to move the panel (you can resize it if you have a little screen)

. Use the right vertical slide to change motion speed

. Use the top check to use a fixed horizon when performing rotations (recommended and more professional look and feel, even if, when placing parts under other, the usual free rotation mode may be better)

NavPanel.png?token_hash=AAFUTkkolv0wyeSSK48Av0cQ2O8m6JShGw34LciEAZmrKQ&dl=1

Here is a brief of most relevant other changes:

0.9.2.6 - Changes to previous version (2013.12.19)

Fix

- Parts colored in default color (ID=16) change colors when a brick is added to the same block

- Beveled gears wont work with non beveled ones when connected in parallel

- Flexible parts artifact fixed

- Changing flexible parts color now appears instantly

- Some minor issues with DrawBrickMode

- Removing and re-adding belts usually crash the application

Changed

- Many changes and improvement in the UI: Video will follows

- The AlternateUI mode now work with flex parts also

- The application now requires DotNet Framework 3.5 (distributed for free as windows Update for WindowsXP OS and integrated in more recent OS)

I recommend you to use the AlternativeUI as default UI and eventually turn it off when in special situation

Added

- Support for Mindstorm cables

- Support for Power Function cables (still some little bug in the shape)

- Support for many (not all) electric, Powerfunction and Mindstorm Elements

- ... and YES, flex cable will follow animation movements!

- Controls to rotate flex parts around their axles (E-D keys rotates starting point, J-L rotates ending point. Use with CTRL or SHIFT for fine rotations)

- Latest lDraw parts library available at publish time

https://www.dropbox....-EV3 Sample.png

Merry Christmas everybody

Sergio

PS: @admin or moderator: how can I upload images? Can you do it for me? Thanks

Thanks again Sergio, for this update! :classic::thumbup: I can't try it out now (sadly), because I will dismantle my whole pc tomorrow to insert a new motherboard to be able to use my new ssd. I will also clean install Windows 8, so hopefully I can try it somwhere next week. It works on Windows 8, I hope?

About images: you need the direct link to the image and use the image button in the editor to add the image. This is a bit tricky when using DropBox: you must find the "Download" button somwhere and instead of clicking it, you right-click it and select somwthing like "copy link adres" (the text depends on your browser).

The image with the nxt is too large according to the EB rules, so I only added the small image.

Hi again,

just added a little video to show how to use new features of my application.

Watch on youtube in HD for details...

Enjoy!

Sergio

Edited by xSergio74

I saw Sergio released a new version 2 days ago. But, he didn't post it here yet. So, for anyone who is a fan of SR3D Builder (like me), I thought a quick reminder would be nice :wink:

Here is the changelog from the website:

0.9.3.3 - Changes to previous version (2014.01.10)

Fix

- Small but significative issue in Linear Actuators animation

- Zooming function is now adequate to the new UI

- Some references to ~Move and/or Aliased parts where missed

Changed

- Official parts have now BLUE background, Unofficial are Violet instead

- Better (but not bigger) preview of parts

- Some flexible items and sub-parts will not be shown any longer

Added

- The user can now choose to prefer the Official or Unofficial parts set

- Alt-MouseWheel now rise/lower model view

- Parts availability aligned to latest lDraw official release (2013.12.23)

Thanks for the update, Sergio! :thumbup:

Thank Sergio and legolijntje!

Just a question, in the older versions of SR 3D Builder when I'd click with both mouse buttons and pull the model somewhere, the model would shift on the screen, now it only seems to zoom in an out. Is there a new way to drag the model across the screen?

Am I making sense? :look:

I saw Sergio released a new version 2 days ago. But, he didn't post it here yet. So, for anyone who is a fan of SR3D Builder (like me), I thought a quick reminder would be nice :wink:

Thanks for the update, Sergio! :thumbup:

Hi,

thanks for reporting the update. I got some problem with my connection just after publishing on website.

Back online right now...

Thank Sergio and legolijntje!

Just a question, in the older versions of SR 3D Builder when I'd click with both mouse buttons and pull the model somewhere, the model would shift on the screen, now it only seems to zoom in an out. Is there a new way to drag the model across the screen?

Am I making sense? :look:

Hi,

as shown in the latest 2 updates, the UI has changed to follow the more common UI used in standard cad.

So here are the detailed changes:

- when you move the model using RMB+LMB the model moves on the x-z plane only.

- to rise/lower model you have to press ALT-MouseWheel (latest addiction)

- the zoom function will move the "view from" point toward the line joying it to the "look at" point (latest fix)

I know you will need a bit of experience to get used with new UI principle, but you will fill comfortable with it in a few hours (at least this has been my experience otherwise I wont change it :wink: )

In addiction you can use the navigation pane (new in previous update) having the same but more user friendly user controls (good for newbies but slows down a bit production...)

@everybody

Let me know your opinion (after a bit of use) about the new UI directions.

Also, since the many rumors about the so called visual instructions of LDD:

SR3DBuilder natively supports 3D visual instructions by adding "steps" during build process and using the following settings in the preferences on the left side of the window before loading a model:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64929037/Images/preferences.jpg

During model loading, the program will pause each time a "step" command is found. You will have to press the 7th icon on the toolbar to advance loading to next step.

You can add/move/remove step command using the "instruction miner" feature.

Alternatively (and probably preferred), you can use the instruction miner "hide below parts" option to analyze your model building process brick by brick, rotating it, zooming and go forward or backward along building steps

Sergio

Edited by xSergio74

The navigation pane doesn't seem to work for me. But I've not downloaded the very newest version yet.

- when you move the model using RMB+LMB the model moves on the x-z plane only.

- to rise/lower model you have to press ALT-MouseWheel (latest addiction)

- the zoom function will move the "view from" point toward the line joying it to the "look at" point (latest fix)

Is there a different way to shift the view of the model like what one was formerly able to do by using RMB+LMB or is the navigation pane for that? Or have you just disabled that entirely? I haven't had a problem with the new methods thus far, but I'm working on smaller models for now, when I start working on bigger ones again it may be more difficult, but I guess I'll see.

Thanks, Sergio!

Is there a different way to shift the view of the model like what one was formerly able to do by using RMB+LMB or is the navigation pane for that? Or have you just disabled that entirely? I haven't had a problem with the new methods thus far, but I'm working on smaller models for now, when I start working on bigger ones again it may be more difficult, but I guess I'll see.

Thanks, Sergio!

Hi,

the changes I made were in the direction of managing huge/large models. The way the UI moves them is now more naturally and near to what you can expect from the mouse movement you do. Yes, you need to get a bit used with it...

Sergio

Hi, Sergio, something else I noticed is that when I install the programme in a location other than the default one it automatically creates a folder C:\ProgramFiles(86)SR 3D Builder. The Uninstall file however is placed in the folder I selected it to be installed into.

Hi, Sergio, something else I noticed is that when I install the programme in a location other than the default one it automatically creates a folder C:\ProgramFiles(86)SR 3D Builder. The Uninstall file however is placed in the folder I selected it to be installed into.

Aha. I thought I just made a mistake selecting the install adres, but you hve the exact same problem as me :classic:

Aha. I thought I just made a mistake selecting the install adres, but you hve the exact same problem as me :classic:

Hi

thanks for reporting the Issue: never noticed it since when I try the installer I always install in the default folder.

Will try to fix for next release.

Sergio

Hi Segio. I have two questions.

First, Is some possibility how to change color of part, which is already used in construction, without it is loosing his position. How to fix this part. Sometimes the again marked part stands on his place, sometimes (75%) not. Is there some function for it, or just to have fast hand, or the view set next to window with colors?

If there is not way to let the part on his place through the changing of colour, is it dificult to do some function/way for it in next version?

Second thing is, if you will upgrade your pdf manual? I started with your interesting software week ago and some basic things are changed. For example, that is necessary to click twice to select the part etc. It is not so important, but in begining with this, sometimes difficult to use, software is good to know, if I do things well and some problem is not just because some basic detail in control.

Thank you in advance for answer.

Edited by Jindrich