Hewman

[MOC] A-Wing MOD

indexed.gif

For my 500th post I had always intended to show my Hoth diorama, however it just wouldn't be complete without a taun-taun, and unfortunately I haven't been able to find them in the shops here in Australia yet.

So instead I will present my A-Wing MOC. This was inspired by the invasion contest.

The classic spacemen, jealous that Star Wars beat them into space by two years were further enraged when they saw Return of the Jedi and saw an A-Wing and thought "they've stolen our design for the Space Cruiser 924 (or for those in the US, the 487)". It has taken them over 25 years to extract their revenge. They entered the Star Wars Lego universe and stole the design of the A-Wing to give it a classic space twist, the 934

934aa.jpg

934a.jpg

Thanks to everyone here for making this such a fun place, I never thought I'd get to 500 posts, so I thought I'd give just a tiny bit back. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask.

PS my apologies for the two bley parts, I just had no other option.

That's amazing :thumbup: Perfect use of a 500th post. You got the A-Wing perfectly, but in Cls. Space. The thing looks looks a confederate vehicle though.

Very nice MOC, but Why didn't you just enter this in the invasion contest?

Good question, several reasons

1. I'm not sure if it meets the piece count requirement, although that is fairly easily fixed.

2. Have you seen the standard of some of those entries (sorry that's rhetorical)? They're way more creative than this is in my opinion. Yours for example is magnificent, and was so so close to getting one of my votes.

3. The biggest reason by far: I wasn't organised enough to order the parts I need to meet the competition deadline. I originally experimented with an old style A-wing which wasn't near as impressive.

Edited by hewman

Great classic space star wars A-wing you made there. :thumbup:

Although I do not like those trans-neon engine parts you used there, maybe trans yellow would be better.

the Inventor

I have to say, this looks really incredible. You made it look exactly like an A-wing, and it still could be a classic space ship.

Good question, several reasons

1. I'm not sure if it meets the piece count requirement, although that is fairly easily fixed.

2. Have you seen the standard of some of those entries (sorry that's rhetorical)? They're way more creative than this is in my opinion. Yours for example is magnificent, and was so so close to getting one of my votes.

3. The biggest reason by far: I wasn't organised enough to order the parts I need to meet the competition deadline. I originally experimented with an old style A-wing which wasn't near as impressive.

Yeah, next time don't be so hard on yourself. This would have gotten my vote.

Wow nice ship :thumbup:. I think the mix of grey and blue look really good and gives it a weather beaten damaged effect.

This moc looks great. :thumbup::classic:

The old windscreen is maybe even better for the A-wing then the rounds screens Lego used for the originals.

Great classic space star wars A-wing you made there. :thumbup:

Although I do not like those trans-neon engine parts you used there, maybe trans yellow would be better.

the Inventor

Umm, maybe it is my camera but they are all trans-yellow.

Umm, maybe it is my camera but they are all trans-yellow.

Really?

The round 2x2 brick at the end looks trans-neon green to me compared to the warmer trans-yellow of the cockpit.

I see what you mean, the 2x2 definitely looks brighter than the cockpit and has a greenish tinge to it.

I see what you mean, the 2x2 definitely looks brighter than the cockpit and has a greenish tinge to it.

The brightness difference is just due to the cockpit being an old worn piece, and the 2x2 round being brand new. As for any greenish appearance I can only blame poor photography/camera, or taking it on a dark blue couch, the pieces most definitely aren't neon-green. Thanks for the nice comments from people and thanks to KimT for puttin it in the index and correctly referring to it as a MOD. It would be near to 50% off the same pieces (except colour) of the 6206.

Let's refrase that.

The 2x2 round trans-neon-green brick is not the same as the other (all the rest) trans-yellow parts used on this fine vessel.

I am sorry hewman, but it is trans-neon-green and not trans-yellow.

Trans yellow plus dark blue couch = trans-neon green? :laugh:

This is a great little MOC-MOD, thanks for sharing!

Let's refrase that.

The 2x2 round trans-neon-green brick is not the same as the other (all the rest) trans-yellow parts used on this fine vessel.

I am sorry hewman, but it is trans-neon-green and not trans-yellow.

Hmmm, looks like I have a case to sue both my optometrist (I knew I was red-green colour blind but not yellow-green) and the guy that sold them to me as trans-yellow.

Ooh, I have a title now, very nice, thanks to whoever did that.

Edited by hewman

that's a very beatiful a-wing, and those engines flare is most definitely neon green, but still it doesnt take away the awesomeness of this moc. :thumbup: