I read that it was going to be discontinued sometime last November (and seeing the length of time it was out at the time, it couldn't be too much longer before it got discontinued anyway), I casually mentioned it to my wife. Come birthday time in December and surprise, surprise the Fire Brigade! Oh, how I love her! I've only built part of it because of all the missing pieces it had (currently being shipped from Lego), so hopefully soon I will be able to finish it. I am definitely hooked on the Modulars now after trying to build this one. The size and detail are both amazing. I will definitely buy more in the future and plan on bricklinking the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer. If I didn't plan on buying these other modulars, I would probably pick up another Brigade for the wonderful parts.

And unfortunately the TRU here doesn't carry any Modulars. In fact, their lego aisle is pretty dismal, plus their mark-up on so many sets. I would take advantage if TRU.com has them in stock during their sale.

None of the TRUs in my area carry modulars either. I went yesterday and they had a BOGO sale but the selection was terrible and the sets that they did have were out of my price range. Even 2011 sets were still normal price. And $60 for an X-Wing? Yikes.

I believe the only TRU that carries Modulars and other LEGO exclusives is the TRU in Times Square NY. However, I did find a very beat up Tower Bridge at my local TRU at MSRP. I guess someone ordered it online and returned it.

People weren't kidding when the say building the second floor is like the best thing ever. I had great fun building it. I gave my thoughts on the set in my blog.

http://palereddot.bl...re-brigade.html

Though the post is a bit nostalgic since it was my first LEGO set in many, many years. Now I'm thinking of getting either Palace CInema or Grand Emporium next now that I've got some money to spare.

7690088766_6ec59e99b6_z.jpg

7689326208_98a19bb5e5_z.jpg

7684373834_b28e5034f9_z.jpg

7689332392_fb9f5234d4_z.jpg

7689331176_8c376a8319_z.jpg