10 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hello everyone until now I've been a silent readeron this Forum and I really enjoyed reading the lots of SW Lego reviews on this site, so I decided to do a few myself :D

First let me introduce myselfs properly:

My name is Robert, I am 20years old and I live in Germany. I am a apprentice for Salesman at a toy store in a small town near Berlin (yay I have to sell my favorite toy Legos for a living :D). My other hobbies are Videogames (I would call myself a PS fanboy cause I have the Ps1,2 and 3), learning to play the guitar :/ it's really hard I think and well building Legos but I'm not a hardcore Lego fan like most of you. Well okay that should do it for the start now to the review. Oh and sorry for my possibly bad english.

7251 Vaders Transformation

This set released like all sets from the ROTS line in summer 05 with the film, I bought this set with the droid tri fighter the clone scout walker and the general grievious chase set (which i sold *sigh* but i kept the figs) after I saw the movie as a child/tween. I spended like 60€ for all these sets but I cant remember what each did individual cost, I think this set was 10€ maybe even less something like 8€ and I think it's, well was a great set for this price.

The instructionbook, it has 14 pages and strangely no itemlist at the end.

z7514x.jpg

The minifigpage

u4lhzz.jpg

a random page

3kuj.jpg

The Minifigs:

a injured Anakin

jhljmy.jpg

Vader without his helmet, why is his skin grey after the transformation?

xs5pew.jpg

Vader with helmet

qw5mf.jpg

and the Droid - well not a Minifig but still pretty cool

jiinf4.jpg

now all the building bricks

ucjrea.jpg

and finally the completed set - Anakin in front

jrhfuf.jpg

Vader in front

rohjhe.jpg

EDIT

A few other vievpoints

from the side, you can see the anakin figure disappearing between the two pillars

hx3vxu.jpg

a view from the back - nothing special here

6omsqj.jpg

and a view from the droid

ys58ml.jpg

Conclusion and Score:

I think this is a good set, I bought this a when ROTS came out because I was hyped from the movies and I was a "Kid" but I don't regret this decision now, I got 2 Minifigs, a small setpiece and a droid for like 10�‚�. Overall I would give this set a 7/10.

Pieces: nothing special so 6/10

Minifigs: You cant ask for more, after all you get a Vader 9/10

Playability: well you can switch the stand and change Anakin to Vader but thats not much 7/10

Desing: I think this is a pretty cool set piece and a key scene from the movie so 10/10

Ps. damn I dont know how to add a poll sorry, if anyone could tell me I would do that in my future reviews.

Edited by KimT
indexed and poll added

Lovely review of this set, a very god way to introduce yourself too. Anyway I like how you presented. Oh and unless you are a higher level orin the reviewers academy you can not add a poll. If you request one a member of staff will usually add one, this is to stop every topic having a poll.

The helmet and medi bay is very nicely detailed; we come a long while since the old days.

If it was not for Star Wars EP3; they would of never released this.

The helmet and medi bay is very nicely detailed; we come a long while since the old days.

If it was not for Star Wars EP3; they would of never released this.

The Darth Vader helmet has been the same since the beginning of the theme. Of course they wouldn't release a set based off a movie that didn't exist. That's why this set didn't come out until after the movie.

This review seems unfinished. There is very little information about this set besides its title and set number. Also, you only give us ONE view of the set and don't show us any of it's play features. :thumbdown:

I've always wondered why the human form Darth Vader ("Anakin") came with legs and a left arm in this set. :)

Welcome as an active member, hope to see more reviews/additions in the future!

Reading Oky Wan's post you must have added some pictures, well done :thumbup:

Thanks for this nice review.

Nope I didnt added anything O: just corrected missspelled words.

@oky wan

Well its hard to write a wall of text if you only learned english in school and from watching horrorflicks. And on the other hand this is my first review so dont hate on me :) I know its not great but I think it's not that bad either.

Edited by KuchN

Reading Oky Wan's post you must have added some pictures, well done :thumbup:

No, he didn't. We still only have a front view of this set.

Well okay if it makes you happy *gets his camera* I'll add some other views, should be up in a few minutes.

roger roger

@oky wan

Well its hard to write a wall of text if you only learned english in school and from watching horrorflicks. And on the other hand this is my first review so dont hate on me :) I know its not great but I think it's not that bad either.

I don't expect you to write an essay on this set, just give us some more information about it, for example when it was released, what its original price was, and what you can do with it. Your English seems pretty good, so I encourage you to at least try it.

And I never said that the review is bad. It's just missing some things. :wink:

Oh, and welcome to EB of course. By the way, introductions don't belong into reviews, but in this forum. :classic:

Excellent! :classic: Now it's a pretty good review. :thumbup: It would be great if you could also add a pic of the transformation table in mid-turn, but not necessary.

I too got this set back in the day (I even got two of it) and am very happy with it. This is the kind of cool little set with main characters that we are missing these days. :sceptic:

Btw, I don't think it's all that strange that there is no parts inventory in the instructions since those were introduced in 2008, I believe, whereas this set is from 2005.

Btw, I don't think it's all that strange that there is no parts inventory in the instructions since those were introduced in 2008, I believe, whereas this set is from 2005.

Some sets had the parts list in 2006, like the Knights' Kingdom sets.

KuchN, nice first review. You've covered the goods and bads of the set in your ratings, and your pictures have a nice non-distracting background. Don't worry about the writing skills, everything you have said is clearly understandable. I think a review is a great way to introduce yourself! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

About the set, I got this set too when it came out. The set wasn't great, but an extra Vader is always welcome, and some nice parts were included.

Indexed and poll added.

Welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for reviewing this fine set for us :thumbup:

Thank you for the nice review .:thumbup::classic:

Vader without his helmet, why is his skin grey after the transformation?

xs5pew.jpg

Maybe sucked the droid most of his blood out of his body and replaced it by a grey bioliquid or something. :skull:

Pity there are not anymore of these little sets today (although I'm very happy with the BPS). I saw this set almost never in shops and when I saw one I immedialetely bought it. A week later they were all gone and never refilled. Most of the shelves were filled with the "new"great line of city 2005, so there was not so much space for Sw anymore.