Sign in to follow this  
Skinny Boy

S.T.C. Part 8

Previous Parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Part 8: Explosive Decomposition.

"Conscience,

I have arrived, in a room. A very scary looking room.

1.jpg

There are two bodies, in some sort of protective clothing by a wall with a door.

2.jpg

And a mutilated corpse, on a table, which bled from its head.

3.jpg

"God, where am I?"

Theres a hole in another wall.

4.jpg

All I can see is a barrel.

5.jpg

I'll go in for a better look.

6.jpg

Whoah, i'm in a round room. Theres something inside the barrel.

7.jpg

Its a mirror. Wow, is that what I look like? And, another hole in the rounded room's wall.

8.jpg

What is that?

9.jpg

Some kind of reflective dish. And on the ground... Oh God. Theres actually ground. Soil!

10.jpg

And foliage, growing from the soil! I've never seen anything grow outside a pot.

How is this possible? I was convinced that the green ground would not allow plantlife to grow. But this is not the green ground. I need some answers, I think I saw one of them bodies holding a note."

11.jpg

12.jpg

"To whom it may concern,

If you are reading this, I am dead. Please, look in the container under the table. In there, you will find my personal diary, and a firearm."

13.jpg

"This had better be a good read."

14.jpg

"Dear Diary, Entry 003

We have found an old military bunker. Completely deserted, but they left several crates of rations. We decided to stay. The entrance was in the side of a hill. We parked the trailer in front of it for security. Theres plenty of wackos out there now."

"Dear Diary, Entry 007

2 of our team members took the transport and left today. Now there are only three of us. Thankfully we have been using the rations efficiently. Unfortunately, they are all an odd form of Popcorn, which has to be made by placing a pack over a pot, and then heating it. They taste horrible."

"Dear Diary, Entry 019

Martin freaked out today, threatening to kill us with a grenade. The lousy son of a female canine threw it, blowing part of a wall away. We were amazed with the results. Behind the Southern wall, is a missile silo. Empty now. And guess what else? We checked it for stress points just in case it could cave in on us, and we found that on one side, there was nothing behind it. Mack fired a couple o' shots at it, and what did we find? Clean, soil. The guys told me I passed out after seeing it, but 'twill be my most vivid memory of all this."

"Dear Diary, Entry 021

Today we came up with an ingenious idea. The missile silo is not covered at the top (maybe since it was fired, who knows), so it allows in sunlight. When the others took the transport, they graciously left the trailer, and in that was a plane mirror. Not anymore. Now its in the silo, reflecting sunlight into a dish, which reflects it down onto the soil, where we've planted several seeds. Here's hoping."

"Dear Diary, Entry 036

Still nothing. I feel so rejected, by the sun. We were positive it was the soil, not the light source. Worst of all, rations are running low. We're all worried. We check daily, and this green phase just isn't going to end."

"Dear Diary, Entry 042

Mack. Mack is dead. He offered us his body, to eat for Christ sake! He got an idea, and jumped on the stove. Before his legs could burn anymore, Marty shot him in the head. Even i'm thankfull for mad Marty now. We did eat him, or as much as we could before we felt like offing ourselves. God help us all."

"Dear Diary, Entry 047

We, we simply can't go on. Me and Marty, we've just been clawing at the door for days. We know salvation lies behind it, but we just can't get through. Several gunshots did nothing. You'd need a \_______ oh god i cen't kep writin i hav t writ th not"

15.jpg

"The Door. Of course!"

16.jpg

*BANG*

17.jpg

"Didn't even budge. Hmmm."

18.jpg

"This oughta do it."

19.jpg

20.jpg

"What? Its just a console, and a button. Oh wait, theres an inscription:

Push Red Button for Failsafe. "

"Ok."

21.jpg

"Conscience!

I don't know what that red button did, but i'm gettin outta here!"

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

"Whoah sweet!.., er crap!"

25.jpg

26.jpg

End part 8.

Alright, parts of that may have been very confusing to read, so lets clear that up.

Sections in italics are Carl talking to his conscience, ok?

Lines with just "Quote marks" are Carl talking (yeah its to himself), not to his conscience.

Sections in

indent

are Carl reading someone else's words.

Alright? Good. :tongue:

Thanks for looking!

Oh, the story is getting really good...How will Carl get out of there? I am waiting for the answer... :classic:

:thumbup: Good job, sir.

Oh, the story is getting really good...How will Carl get out of there? I am waiting for the answer... :classic:

:thumbup: Good job, sir.

Thanks. Hope you're more patient this time :wink:

Anyone else care to comment? I guess moving to the space theme right before SP3 was released wasn't the best idea. :wacko:

I'm intrigued by the story so far (after seeing part 6, I had to go back and read it all). I look forward to the next installment--whenever it will be.

I feel your pain--I started a topic here recently which has been commented upon (several times) by one person.

I just read this and already the suspense is driving me nuts! :sing: You are doing a great job leaving it at a cliff-hanger at the end of every episode. These comics are great and I'm addicted. Please make more. :classic: And what is that red light? I want to know! :angry::blush:

"Dear Diary, Entry 007

2 of our team members took the transport and left today. Now there are only three of us. Thankfully we have been using the rations efficiently. Unfortunately, they are all an odd form of Popcorn, which has to be made by placing a pack over a pot, and then heating it. They taste horrible."

Hey, don't knock the Jiffy-Pop! :tongue:

Good comic, I might have to catch up with it later.

Hooray, i'm getting some feedback. Thanks everyone. Part 9 shouldn't take too long, though one component is proving to be a pesky build. :blush: