kris kelvin

Hanseatic Town

I don't know where to start. :wub: The buildings are awesome, particularly the left one, I like the textured, brickish look you gave it with the tiles. The square looks great, and I like that you decided to go with a more detailed look, instead of just tiling it. :classic: My favourite part is definitely the ship, and the sail. The way it is attached is genius, and you'd never know just by looking at it from the front. Couldn't that basic shape of the ship also be used for a viking longboat? It would be a nice alternative to those huge molded pieces. :classic: Lastly, the minifigures with there puffy pants made me laugh. :tongue:

</rant about awesome MOC>

*gasp*

Oh my goodness, that is one of the most beautiful MOCs I've ever seen.

Thank you, good Sir, for bestowing this MOC upon us. :grin:

OMG! Wow. I have lurked on this site for a while but never been inspired to make anything in about 3 months. You just inspired me to get back into building with this amazing MOC! I really really really love the minifigs' legs and the boat sail, incredible!

Thankyou!

Edit: By the way, what are those pieces you put for the feet of the awesome minifigs called? I have seen them before but I don't know the name. I would like to order some on Bricklink ^^ if you could help me that would be great. Thanks =)

Edited by Tyren

Beautiful scene! The architectural work is great, and I like the prominent use of dark grey, which gives everything a dark atmosphere very fitting for the time period.

By the way, what are those pieces you put for the feet of the awesome minifigs called? I have seen them before but I don't know the name. I would like to order some on Bricklink ^^ if you could help me that would be great. Thanks =)

Here's the Bricklink catalog page: [Link]

I already saw it on flickr but that's a so awesome creation that I must say here too that it's excellent! I love the buildings, the ship and the scene itself is really really cool... Of course the sail is awesome too!

And thank you again good men for nice words :classic:

I`m a little bit suprised because building this thing for me was very easy and quick.

Edited by kris kelvin

The ship is sailing so fast the apparent wind is directed backwards. :tongue::wink:

Linky to wiki page on apparent wind

Except that would also affect the position of the main sail. Also, being in port, I really hope the ship isn't going that fast.

But I don't care. It's a brilliant MOC. One of the best ever!

Wow, that's a nice looking scene you've made there! :thumbup:

I really like the fact that it is rather small scaled, yet so detailed.

The sail of the Cog is really ingenious and the used pattern on the front of it is really cool.

I like the figures as well, i have figured out the leg technique and plan on using it for some of the figs on my Prince Willim.

I also like the variety in the buildings, the brick wall technique does it again!

Though i have to agree with some, that it could use some more color in it, some vegetation would be nice as well i think.

As a shipbuilder i must say that i think the bow and stern of the Cog could have been done better. I don't really like the gaps that appear in the hull and the bow is too square looking for my taste. I would also like to have seen a correct stern with the cabin overhanging a bit and a working (posable) rudder.

But that aside, it is a really good looking scene.

P.S. You have to forgive me mistakes in English.

Your cool MOCs make that up big time. :wink:

You should have saved this for the next classic-castle contest.

I love the ship. The slanted bow is well done and the sail is great.

The brick work on the building is excellent and the cart is quite nice. Everything is just too good to comment on it all.

My only complaint is there is too much dark grey.

Steve

This is a great dock scene that works fantasticly with the miifigs and the design is great. I especialy like the boat :classic:

What can I say.

I didn`t want to make this more colorful, so I used so much dark grey (my favourite lego color).

Except that would also affect the position of the main sail. Also, being in port, I really hope the ship isn't going that fast.

The answer is simple. I couldn`t resist to build this that way.

As a shipbuilder i must say that i think the bow and stern of the Cog could have been done better. I don't really like the gaps that appear in the hull and the bow is too square looking for my taste. I would also like to have seen a correct stern with the cabin overhanging a bit and a working (posable) rudder.

Yes, you right, but this ship was build in haste. I wanted to finish this MOC quickly, so there are things to improve of course. The cog was only inspiration for this ship, so it isn`t "pure cog". :classic:

I`m planning to build minifig-scale cog in the future. Then it should be much better.

You should have saved this for the next classic-castle contest.

I will build something different probably :classic:

Thanks all for answers.

I`m glad that you like it :classic:

Eum.. Well eum, WOW :cry_happy:

I'm pretty much speechless, can't believe I've missed this magnificent display 'till now. The detail is intense!

Great buildingtechniques, very inspiring to say the least!

It's like art :thumbup:

May I ask how the minifigs' legs, like the Sir Francis Drake ones, stay in the minifig? I've been trying to recreate them but to no avail ;) Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks ^^

This is a Moc that words cannot even describe. Truely amazing!

This looks awesome! the set-up is great. This ships looks amazing, I like the hull. That pants idea is fantastic, keep it up! ~LW 8~

Edited by Lego_Warlord_8

Looks very great! Is there also an interior of the building? otherwise I think you should make it, but its nice already :classic: The ship is also a pleasure for my eyes! Maybe you can also post it in the pirate forum, I think they will like it there as well :classic::thumbup:

But its a medievel moc

Yes that's right, but it's also a ship, and every ship with sails is welcome on the pirates forum, a lot of ships don't look a lot like pirate ships and some look also quite medieval, so I think that's not a big problem. It's also interesting to see these building techiques for guys who do make pirate ships..