Navy Trooper Fenson

Misprints and Other LEGO Production Oddities

-Second silver winged helmet in dwarves mine(only in the first wave of them)

All of at least the first wave of this set came with an extra helmet loose in the box. :wink:

-Black Epaulette(not sure how this happened, but I love it! Got it in an edventurers set, which was supposed to have a white one.)

Thankfully, it's a standard part in the upcoming SW pirate tank.

-Red EpIII Clone Helmet

Pic?

I'll get a pic of the Red helmet tomorrow(hopefully when I get home from school)

My assumtion is that it was one of those test moulds. I got mine...Actually, I can't remember now. I think it might have been from my friend, but I can't be sure.

h yes, can't wait to get more of the black ep, It's a wonderful part indeed.

Never had a misprint (and those marble bricks look really cool), but I did receive a second bag that contained armor, sheilds, spears, and some other pieces in 8877 Valdek's Dark Fortress. IMHO, one of the few respectable sets in the KKII line, BTW (made only better by having paid only half MSRP for the set), but that's neither here nor there. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the extra pieces. Right now, I have the armor on top of spikes (spears) set high on the fortress, in the way that cities might put heads on a spike as a deterrent. The rest I've bagged up. I'm waiting for the pieces in the bag to reach critical mass when I can build something with them.

Same thing happened to me! I got it half off at Target a few years back. I was really pleasantly surprised by the extra bag of parts, as all of the pieces were quite useful.

Here is a picture of the misprint Padme my camera sucks so its hard to tell but she only has one eyebrow. :laugh:

post-2726-1244436518.jpg

Edited by LEGOMAN132

I have a Life on Mars torso without any gold printing on it. It looks rather cool. I'll try and get a photo.

I have had on off colour brick in my Agents submarine, it was a slightly marbled dark blue brick. I'd try and get a photo but it is in the model now and I am unsure where in the model it is...

In my 7171 Mos Espa podrace set I got 2 tan and 3 black bricks that were marbled with purple and were the tan one s were slightly milky and shiney like Megablocks. It was really anoying to find that the pit droids huts were black grey and purple it really made the parts useless in my opinion. :hmpf_bad:

In my 7171 Mos Espa podrace set I got 2 tan and 3 black bricks that were marbled with purple and were the tan one s were slightly milky and shiney like Megablocks. It was really anoying to find that the pit droids huts were black grey and purple it really made the parts useless in my opinion. :hmpf_bad:

You should sell/trade the pieces to ImperialShadows, then. :tongue:

By the way, you know that you can get replacement parts from LEGO.com, right?

Back on topic! :angry:

Ya bunch of vomit bricks. :hmpf:

Holy fudgecakes! I have a title! Thank you Natman! :skull: I'm really hoping that's also not the reason you're "taking a break..." :sceptic:

Well, if there's any recent misprint I've had, it's an astromech droid (I forget the name, wither R5-D4 or the other one,) and it's eye was way above where it should've been.

But of course, I knew it would come like that, considering that's how I got it off bricklink cheap!

Holy fudgecakes! I have a title! Thank you Natman! :skull: I'm really hoping that's also not the reason you're "taking a break..." :sceptic:

Rather enthusiastic sounding title. Wonder who could have possibly given you that one... :wink:

Anyway, I have two of This Star Wars minifig, and I can't tell which is normal.

One of them has a perfectly aligned torso print, but it is really pale.

The other has a crooked torso print that is really, really bold printing.

One of them has a perfectly aligned torso print, but it is really pale.

The other has a crooked torso print that is really, really bold printing.

It's not an incredibly dark design, similar to the AT-ST driver as I recall, but it shouldn't be overly pale. Crooked is always wrong. Looks like you got two losers. :laugh:

Looks like you got two losers. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, at least they won't feel left out, as there are a few more losers in my collection.

These are from General Armendariz !!!

If you look close you can see the buttons are different colors on the left its black on the right its gold. Even the trim is different.

dsc00298.jpgdsc00297.jpg

These are from General Armendariz !!!

If you look close you can see the buttons are different colors on the left its black on the right its gold. Even the trim is different.

The old reversed print. I have a couple of bluecoats like that.

The old reversed print. I have a couple of bluecoats like that.

I guess you don't want to trade or sell... :grin:

Asked by a bluecoat fan to the bone.

I noticed that on some of mine too. Was it random or did did newer sets have one and older sets the other? I cant tell from my small collection but which one is normal?

I noticed that on some of mine too. Was it random or did did newer sets have one and older sets the other? I cant tell from my small collection but which one is normal?

--> There was a discussion about it in the EB Pirate forum but nobody could give a 100% answer... the only one that maybe can answer this question correct is TLC. But it's possible that they also don't know it anymore. But in general most Classic-Pirate members agree that it could be a print error.

I guess you don't want to trade or sell... :grin:

Asked by a bluecoat fan to the bone.

Mine! My precious! :angry:

:laugh:

Over the years, I have gotten several minifigures that are missing printing on their heads, or have faded or badly printed torsos right out of the box. I'll post some pictures of that stuff later.

My most recent badly printed minifig part came in Drawbridge Defense, which I bought earlier today. It's a great set with great minifigures, but the armor of my gold knight was messed up!

badly_printed_gold_armor.jpg

(Don't ask me how all that dust got there. I think it was a combination of how close up I was, the lighting, and how much dust is constantly blowing around the room where I took the picture)

For comparison, the gold knight should look like this (from mania3's review):

7.jpg

Do you think I should write to LEGO Customer Service and ask for a replacement? I think that is what I will do, but I have never called customer service before so I don't know if it's a good idea to do so. Any advice?

(I know questions don't really belong in this thread, but since it pertains to a misprint, I didn't want to start a new topic to ask it.)

My most recent badly printed minifig part came in Drawbridge Defense, which I bought earlier today. It's a great set with great minifigures, but the armor of my gold knight was messed up!...

I find the quality of printed Castle shields, horse bardings etc really variable. Most of my Crownie shields are misprinted or slightly smudged. The bardings don't fare much better. The printing rarely aligns perfectly. This just seems to be the way these oddly shaped parts go through the printing process. You can see that the armour in mania3's pic (I assume this is the source) also has parts where the silver doesn't line up with the black over the pearl gold armour.

If you feel strongly enough, ask for a replacement. You can fill in a form online if you'd rather not call. I find they're generally pretty helpful and do send replacements promptly, if they have them.

You can see that the armour in mania3's pic (I assume this is the source) also has parts where the silver doesn't line up with the black over the pearl gold armour.

Yes, it is his pic, as I mentioned above the picture so as to not look like I was stealing :classic: . The armor actually looks a lot worse in person than it does in the picture for some reason. And on the box, the gray on his armor is shiny silver, but I guess that is not the reality for anybody. This is my first misprinted Castle piece, I think. Everything else looks great.

Do you think I should write to LEGO Customer Service and ask for a replacement? I think that is what I will do, but I have never called customer service before so I don't know if it's a good idea to do so. Any advice?

Definitely. The only way they can be aware of a problem is if you let them know, and there's no point in having an inferior part.

As for calling, can't you just do it on their website? That's what I've always done. You just enter the set number, pick the part and submit. If you feel you need to include details, there's a space for that.

I would report it, from what I've heard it's not much of a hassle. Plus then you get 2! and who wouldn't want that?