Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents: Houndblower

Welcome to another exciting episode of Science Weekly! I'm your host, Sir Isaac Newton, and my assistant for the evening is this lovely apple.

Director: CUT! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Staudie's mixed up the cards again.

It wasn't me, boss! It was probably the new guy!

HEY! It wasn't me!

Maybe it was your faces!

Aw.

He's mean.

Tell me about it. I've been doing this show for years now and he never gets any nicer.

I heard he was like this, but I didn't want to believe it.

Are you ladies about done?

Almost. One more second.

One more second might be your last.

See what I mean?

Yeah, it's just ...

QUIET!

Director: Can we try again, please?

Fine... in 3.. 2.. 1..

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Presents! I'm your host, William Shatner. *huh* Ok, that isn't even funny.

This time, without cards! IN 3.. 2.. 1..

Welcome to another ... oh screw it. Hey folks, it's me, ImperialShadows, that's Stinky Staudie and his new best pal Lady Wets-her-pants-because-Shadows-is-so-mean Zepher acting as comedy relief for the night. Our very special guest for the evening is that popular new artist on the EB scene, Houndblower. Some of you may know him from his sigfig request thread, but if you aren't familiar with his work, take a look at this beautiful rendering of the EB News team.

eb_news.jpg

Let's see, from left to right, in the front row we have the tail of our boom alligator whose name escapes me, then Zepher, Stash, Stutter Stauder, a dashing fellow who looks remarkably familiar and WhiteFang. In the back is nobody of any importance whatsoever. Ignore him, we do.

That's really an amazing job, Houndblower, and we at EB News thank you for providing us with such an incredible sample of your work. We will be proudly displaying it in the header of our EB News Index shortly.

And now, without further whining and crying, how about starting the interview, huh?

Right boss!

Q. Why the name Houndblower? I mean, what you have a modified leafblower to get rid of dogs or something?

Haha, no, It's a reflection of two of my fave things: Beagles, and Hornblower.

Q. Zee artist iz here! Tell us about your drawings, and why you do it.

Well, I've always liked drawing, so one day several years ago, I had the idea to draw minifigs, and I've been doing it ever since!

And quite well, I must say.

Q. As an artist, what do you think David should be like, leaf or no leaf?

What now?

We aren't really sure what he's talking about there, just move on.

Q. Roses are red ... Violets are blue ... Stauder is sweet,

And Hinckley will kill you.

GET OUT OF MY POEM!

Make me.

Roses are red ... Violets are purple ... Sugar is sweet ... and so's maple surple. :tongue:

Oh dear.

Q. How long have you hoarded in your secret lair collected LEGO?

Since I was about 5 or 6. Of course I had Duplo since I was like, 2.

Staudie is almost old enough to graduate to Duplo. It'll be a proud day for all of us.

Am I in this episode?

You are now.

Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?

10193-1.jpg6239-1.jpg6095-1.jpg

Q. What is your Favourite Theme, and why?

Pirates (actually the soldiers! REDCOATS RULE!)

I like ships and forts.

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment, meaning the best Lego related moment that happened in real life.

When I was selected as the Apprentice of BrickForge.

Q. Same as above, but replace Real Life with EB.

Getting Interviewed by EB News. :tongue: Probably getting "pressed" into the C-P crew.

You were doing so well there for a moment. *sigh*

Q. What sets would you like to see TLC produce?

Hmmm... I'd like a new ship for the Imperial Guards. That, and a Narnia theme.

Q. Bubble-gum ... Bubble-gum ... Sweet are thee ... Ok I am out of material.

Hmmm!

He's been out of material since ... I'm sorry, I just ran out, too. :blush:

Q. Can we see your um... Where artists keep their Lego?

Sure:

lego001.jpg

lego002.jpg

I must admit, that question concerned me at first.

Q. Is it possible to see your stages of drawing Lego characters?

Well, here's a WIP sketch:

hornblower_art.jpg

Q. Am I Annoying?™

Sometimes. :laugh:

And by sometimes, he means ... nope, sorry, I'm still out of material. I'll get back to you on this one.

Q. Who should we Interview Next?

The Honorable Captain Blackmoor.

And there you have it, another insightful look at a talented and interesting member of EB, as well as an opportunity to make fun of Staudie and just generally sit around and not do any actual work. That's pretty much a winning combination for me.

I really don't have anything to do in this episode?

This is one of the Staudie episodes, so you just get to hang out and potentially serve as a target for a joke or two.

But I want to be an active part of the show!

Well, you could dance over the credits.

That would be humiliating.

You could go down and file for unemployment.

CUE THE MUSIC!

I should go to work in labour negotiations, I really have a way of motivating people to work.

So mean...

Yeah, I know.

LADIES! DANCE!

Me too?

What do you think?

Dammit.

And as the camera fades on another episode, we see our dauntless reporters dancing their hearts out, trying to preserve the jobs they don't get paid for as it is. Sometimes, I wonder why they do it, and then I realise it's all about the opportunity to present the news to an audience starved for entertainment. Sadly, 3 more of the audience starved from lack of entertainment after this episode, but who's counting?

*camera fades*

I see Blackmoor is coming next, You need to ask him about his plans for a Bluecoat empire! :laugh:

I see Blackmoor is coming next, You need to ask him about his plans for a Bluecoat empire! :laugh:

Actually, it's EB News tradition to ask the guest who they think we should present next.

It's also EB News tradition to almost never actually do it. :laugh:

In other words, stay tuned, you never know who might appear next!

In other words, stay tuned, you never know who might appear next!

Especially since it's the whiny intern's turn to do the work.

Stooder.

Thanks for the laughs guys. This was great. Is EB-News going to be broadcasting LIVE...from Brickworld?

-Dave

Oh! I got to dance! Thank you Shadows! I love this job! :cry_happy:

Please... someone help me. There's no way out. I thought I'd be safe when that old guy returned, I didn't bother to learn his name, but they're not letting me go... I think it's becuase I'm in the portrait...

Which is awesome! That's a great picture my friend, ccongrats on a cool interview and a job well done,and for finding something that you're incredibly good at! I'd never be able to draw mini8figures as well as you can!

Great picture, really great picture! Thank you. Nice job with the interview.

I think Hinckley and myself will be the only two on-staff members at BW09, so I guess we will see what happens. I know there will be tons of pictures.

still dancing...

Another great, entertaining, and yes, of course goofy interview! :laugh:

I always have fun reading EB news. Keep up the good work guys!

Great picture, really great picture! Thank you. Nice job with the interview.

I think Hinckley and myself will be the only two on-staff members at BW09, so I guess we will see what happens. I know there will be tons of pictures.

still dancing...

It that must not be named is NOT a EB News Staff member, It's more like the company pet. Attention whoreing ego addicted pet.

EDIT - For the sake of sarcasm not being read well, I was kidding. Hinckley is the reason EB News is here.

Stooder.

Edited by Stauder

Excellent interview guys! :thumbup:

Houndblower, the illustration of the EB News Team is simply terrific! I love the rendition of the whole team together as one, and it's really very nicely done! I really appericate the time that you have taken, to do up these requests for our EB Community. I must admit, after reading through this interview, I have a better idea of our Artistic Genius! :sweet:

It's great to see EB-News going again :cry_happy:

Good interview, and awsome picture :thumbup:

Thanks for entertaining us.

LuxorV

Sorry Staudie!

Well, I will be there with the pet (does he know this) and I'm sure we will take way too many pictures. I'm getting a seperate memory card just for the show!

Great interview, very informative. If you guys do decide to have live coverage from Brickworld, I could be a guest reporter :grin: .

Thanks for the interview, EB News, and Houndblower for doing it. :classic: I always read these things, so thought it was high time I actually commented. So... good job. :tongue: I love that drawing, Houndblower.

I look forward to more. :thumbup:

And we'll be glad to present coverage of the event based on what we receive. We'll all be there in spirit and sigfig, so go wild if you want.

It that must not be named is NOT a EB News Staff member, It's more like the company pet. Attention whoreing ego addicted pet.

Oh, shut up. He's always been an EB News Supporter (is that anything like an athletic supporter? dammit, now I'm doing it)

Well, I will be there with the pet (does he know this) and I'm sure we will take way too many pictures. I'm getting a seperate memory card just for the show!

Staudie is still a bit sore from being put in the chipper/shredder one time.

Take plenty, send me some notes about what they are and we'll get them on as the show is going for exclusive coverage. :thumbup:

Thanks again for interviewing me again Strudel! (Wait, that doesn't sound quite right...) :tongue:

Also, thanks for the kudos, guys! :cry_happy:

Thanks again for interviewing me again Strudel! (Wait, that doesn't sound quite right...) :tongue:

STRUDEL! AHAHAHAHA! I'm going to steal that. :grin:

Also, thanks for the kudos, guys! :cry_happy:

You do great work, you deserve all the kudos you get. If you ever want to be head of the EB News art department, let me know. :wink:

Oh, shut up. He's always been an EB News Supporter (is that anything like an athletic supporter? dammit, now I'm doing it)

There is no denying that he has always been an EB News Supporter, no matter how much fun we poke at him. Actually I think we can file him under "Comic Releif" or "Joke Inspiration", since without him half of our jokes would be gone. :tongue:

That meanin, that I take back what I said. *Hands Hinkley a one time use "In your face Statuder card"*

And yes, any reports you can porvide us with please forward them to IS.

Strudle.

Edited by Stauder

You do great work, you deserve all the kudos you get. If you ever want to be head of the EB News art department, let me know. :wink:

Sure, why not? :sweet:

Great interview guys, good to have you back on air! :thumbup: Here I was thinking there was something wrong with my aerial. :hmpf:

It was nice to hear a bit more about our resident artist, as he now seems to be. :laugh: