Sign in to follow this  
DarthPineapple

D-Day

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

3600298626_03b47c40e9.jpg

Exactly 65 years ago the Allies opened the longly-awaited Second Front with the largest invasion force ever. 156.000 (156,000) men assaulted Hitler's Atlantic Wall in Normandy on June 6th 1944. Prior to the landings at Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword paratroopers were deployed at key locations.

Just a small bignette I made, showing 2 paratroopers. Actually just a test with trees and grass, which I finally have an decent amount of.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

A nice MOC of the holocaust :classic: Coincidentally I just watched Valkyrie.

Oh, well I got confused then.

The Holocaust was Hitler's planned extermination of the Jews and all other inferior races in the German Empire. D-Day was when the American's (and British) kicked some German a** in France.

Edited by SWMAN

The Holocaust was Hitler's planned extermination of the Jews and all other inferior races in the German Empire. D-Day was when the American's (and British) kicked some German a** in France.

Aye, D-Day also known as the Normandy Landings, Operation Neptune and Operation Overlord, was a major assault on the beaches of northern France, so that Allied forces could get a foothold on the European mainland. Also, Polish, Canadian, Free french and Norway's forces aided in the assualt.

But, this ain't a history lesson, so on to the Bignette. Nice MOC, there is alot of detail in the grass and foliage but the figs seem abit bland, Maybe a little path going trough the tall grass, or something else to add to the scene. It's a great scene but seems abit empty to me.

Stauder.

Yeah, a German or a monkey could have made it more cheerful (or at least the monkey part)

Also, a question I've been dying to ask, where does that helmet come from? Could I get a Peeron page?

Do people not do history anymore?

YG-49, monkies are not native to France.

That is a nice little vig. Great use of flower stalks as grass.

I was trying to do a small build of the beach landings but I wasn't able to collect any helmets (all my sources for Best-Lock etc have dried up) and had too few soldiers.

YG-49, monkies are not native to France.

Well thats no fun. Nice MOC, very nice use of all that foliage. I wish I had bought some of those helmets when I had the chance. :cry_sad:

Do people not do history anymore?

No. :devil:

Thank-you for that very obvious monkey correction. You know, Germans aren't native to France either. Wait, or are they?

A great little scene to pay tribute to the soldiers that fought, and died, protecting freedom. Thank you.

Hey YG-49, try to show a little respect and not act like a pair of clownshoes, ok? Thanks!

Well, he says he never took history, and its hard to feel empathy for something you don't know anything about. Had he learned about it, he would have understood the gravity of what happened and he wouldn't take it so lightly.

Let him speak for himself, ok?

Shhh, calm down. This is Eurobricks, so a joke here and there should not offend. After all, we are talking about ABS bricks here, noting more nothing less.

If you want to talk about the war and it's effects, I can point you to google which whill point you at the right forum.

Stauder.

Ps - Dun hurt me, just trying to prevent a flamewar.

What's wrong with a History lesson? I'm a History teacher/ archeologist , oh and great work on the grass :thumbup: