On a scale of 1 to 5  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Thanks for reviewing this. I love this set. The minfigure, the awesome car.... It is a shame there was no number plate. :sceptic: Its also nice to see LEGO throwing in a few extras, like the tree. :thumbup: I may get a couple of these at some point.

Greetings,

JD

This is a great review, but of a medicore set (in my opinion). What puts me off is the colour, I think if this set was an unusual colour (lime!), I would buy for the parts, the tree being a big attraction, but not in (boring) red. The MiniFig is great, and I like the emergency phone (even if it is so last century!), but to me this is not worth the price.

Nice review.

The lack of doors is an issue and I almost would have liked a few stickers (Or printed pieces. Yea I know) like for the license plate or even an emblem since it seems kind of barren. Red is nice, another color wouldn't have hurt but I still love this set. Seems like it may cost a bit more than it should but then again, this is Lego sadly. I'll still buy it.

Nice Review!

One of my personal favorite new city sets, I love that Lego decided to make more civilian sets

Really refreshing break from police and fire :wink:

Nice little red sports car and call box, the only thing is maybe the driver could have been a female :laugh:

Actually TLG has been getting better at including them recently

Thank you very much for this great review, Kernow! :classic:

I voted for

Above Average

Cons:

- no car doors :thumbdown:

- red color (black or blue would imo have been more realistic) :sceptic:

Pros:

- great design of the car :oh:

- fruit tree :thumbup:

- great designed emergency phone box :oh:

- brilliant and very well fitting minifigure :thumbup:

If the car included car doors I'd have voted for Outstanding!

Nevertheless it's a great addition to every City and a good thing in order to populate the streets with not only emergency vehicles. I'll buy two of it.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I agree with K-D (except that red is OK to me). I'll be waiting till I find this set for 6 Euros, and then grab it.

I like the simplicity of the red car, and I like the minifig a lot. He'll be the "businessguy" for many a city MOC, i'm guessing.

I thought Lego released a car like this early last year. I'm eyeing the figure more than the car.

They did release a similar car in one of the latest RC train sets a year or two back. It the bigger one, the cargo train, I believe.

I like the review. I hope to pick up this set at some stage. I agree its nice to have more "civilian" (i.e. ordinary) sets.

I guess one theory about the tree might be that the car breakdown might be from it crashing into the tree.

As regards the phone, although not like the ones here in Ireland, they are being installed on our new motorways even yet (indeed dozens to be installed on recent roads being reclassified to motorway this summer), though the new ones are battery powered with solar panels to recharge, and use a radio link. The advantage over mobile phone (which even now someone may not have even just through forgetting it, or else it may have no battery or coverage) is that on the other end of the phone line they know where you are straight away. This can be very important for a motorway accident that might need immediate response to avoid further crashes.