hopeso009

[MOC] Tactical Droid

Not very good?! I love it :wub:

What piece(s) did you use for the head/visor? I dont recognize it.

This also makes me wonder when TLC comes with an official version.

Not very good?! I love it :wub:

What piece(s) did you use for the head/visor? I dont recognize it.

This also makes me wonder when TLC comes with an official version.

That is a custom made...

The "head cap" is made of a piece of paper/plastic sheet

and also the eyes...

pretty easy...

That is a custom made...

The "head cap" is made of a piece of paper/plastic sheet

and also the eyes...

pretty easy...

I thought so, I couldnt place it :laugh:

now it's up to TLC to make their version...

That's awesome.

The only comment though, when looking at the reference, is that his legs are kinda short. But that makes him look cute, so...

Very nice. The first few photos made it look like it was too large for minifig-scale so I was glad to see the shot with the battledroids.

Well done!

Nice!

Maybe I`ll copy the design. I have attempted to build one using a Clone visor for the head but it didn`t really work out...

Wow hopeso009, you actually listened to the comments in the IG-88 topic! Nice job on a well done and accurate Tactical Droid!

Perfect, and one could probably make it in many colors. I think I'll try it out.

I love it! :wub: It is right on in accuracy, and that's a neat visor. I wouldn't mind having something like this in a set.

I look forward to more, hopso009.

Wow, nice work hopeso009!

I always wanted to see a LEGO tactical droid when I first saw it in the TV series. :laugh:

I'm just hoping that LEGO will make one, and, if they do, have it extremely accurate (colors and shape) to the real thing. :classic:

plain awesome, if only it wasnt a custom piece(so that i would be able to make my own :tongue: )

the torso and head are awesome but yea the legs could be longer though.

Great work!

Thanks to all of you ~~~

Not very good?! ...

because it's head is custom made

but I revised it

take a look

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/125148

...I have attempted to build one using a Clone visor for the head but it didn`t really work out...

I tried that too, also didn't work

but this works

Wow hopeso009, you actually listened to the comments in the IG-88 topic! Nice job on a well done and accurate Tactical Droid!

Sure~~~

plain awesome, if only it wasnt a custom piece(so that i would be able to make my own :tongue: )

how about this then?

Edited by hopeso009

Very nice job with the head piece. The body looks like it could be improved a little but it is none the less very good :thumbup: .

The revision looks very good. I like it much better this way since the custom visor piece seemed kinda cheated. The whole thing still has wrong proportions though. At the very least, the upper body should be larger than the lower body, and the legs should be either thinner or longer (like the legs on most of your droid mocs). Nice job though.

I have an idea for making a purist tactical droid head of my own and will post my own version of this if it works out.

EDIT: Never mind, it didn't work. :tongue: In case you're wondering, I was trying to attach the futuristic binocular piece to the kind of piece that hopeso009 used for the "mouth", but since it has to attach directly onto the piece to look right, there is hardly any way to do this the purist way. :sceptic: Perhaps one of the more experienced builders here can find a way?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Oky is so fussy about proportions. :tongue:

Great job! I will most likely use...*cough*copy*cough* version two, because the idea is great. The custom visor was great though. :thumbup:

Awesome work. :cry_happy:

Greetings,

JD

The revision looks very good. I like it much better this way since the custom visor piece seemed kinda cheated. The whole thing still has wrong proportions though. At the very least, the upper body should be larger than the lower body, and the legs should be either thinner or longer (like the legs on most of your droid mocs). Nice job though.

I have an idea for making a purist tactical droid head of my own and will post my own version of this if it works out.

EDIT: Never mind, it didn't work. :tongue: In case you're wondering, I was trying to attach the futuristic binocular piece to the kind of piece that hopeso009 used for the "mouth", but since it has to attach directly onto the piece to look right, there is hardly any way to do this the purist way. :sceptic: Perhaps one of the more experienced builders here can find a way?

that futuristic binocular piece is the first piece that I can think of and try for this droid at the very beginning...

But soon I found it is impossible to connect it on both sides as I want ....

So change to use custom made visor...

After I got the version one built...looking and looking at it (unsatisfying by the ugly head cap)...

Suddenly the "paldron" came in my head...that made version 2

Thanks for sharing anyway :classic:

VERY NICE Tactical droid hopeso009 I like it alot and i like both versions :classic: ...though I do agree with the others that it could do with longer legs :wink:

CommanderFox