S@H: Click here

8519-1.jpg

Set #: 8519

Set Name: Big Chill

Pieces: 20

Price: TBC

Release: January 2010

S@H: Click here

Could see this on the forum anywhere, but it seems that Lego have the license for Ben 10 in 2010.

You can read more about it here: lego ben 10 news

I love the new indy lego and the lego ramses pyramid game.

Seems like 2010 is going to be a vintage year for lego. :thumbup:

The range, based on the Ben 10 Alien Force adventures, is expected to launch globally in Spring 2010 and promises a new twist on the Lego building system.

“Over the past four years, Ben 10 has established itself as a global brand that continues to expand and thrive in different categories and markets,” said Christina Miller, vice president, Cartoon Network Enterprises.

“Expanding this relationship with Lego, the leading construction toy brand, is an exciting opportunity for Ben 10 that will continue to build towards years of future success at retail.”

”We’re thrilled to expand our very successful partnership with Cartoon Network to now include licensing and product development,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president of licensing and entertainment for Lego Group.

“There is such a natural synergy between fans of the Lego brand and the loyal audience that Cartoon Network engages, and Ben 10 Alien Force is the perfect property on which to base a new way to build and play with Lego elements.”

Edited by Svelte

I know next to nothing about Ben 10, but it's interesting to see LEGO continuing to expand it's number of cartoon licenses. Anyone with more knowledge about the show care to chime in about what kinds of sets might come out of this?

Is this going to be the next Sponge Bob or the next Avatar?

Edited by Eilif

Hmm.... I've only seen commercials for that show and it honestly looks very strange to me. Kind of an odd choice for LEGO in my opinion, but I guess not any stranger than Spongebob or Avatar.

It could bring some cool new pieces if nothing else, but I'll stick to my non-cartoon themes for the time being. :wink:

Two quotes from the linked article:

"The range, based on the Ben 10 Alien Force adventures, is expected to launch globally in Spring 2010 and promises a new twist on the Lego building system."

"Ben 10 Alien Force is the perfect property on which to base a new way to build and play with Lego elements.”

A new building system for a license that features lots of weird creatures? Has Lego already forgotten Galidor? I'll have to reserve full judgement until I actually see what they come up with, but for now I have a bad feeling about this.

If it says "alien" in the title, I'm all for it.

Great to see TLC doing a lot of licences. Here's hoping they'll be fleshie and non-CW-headed. Though I must admit the animation style looks like it might well go CWesque... Ugh. But, let's not jump to conclusion. New licence + something with aliens = hell yeah!

After watching several episodes of the series while waiting for Adult Swim to come on, I'm anxious to see what Lego will come up with. Many of the vehicle designs also look Lego worthy. The sets will probably follow a similar set design to those of the Indy sets. But best of all, there's a high potential to see an official piece that allows for more than two arms. :sweet:

I know some people on here will be excited about this, but frankly I'm not. :sceptic: Ben 10 is too kiddish for me, and I'll go with Erdbeereis with saying I'll stick to non cartoon stuff. Except for CW. :tongue:

Greetings,

JD

My eight year old brother will be most enthusiastic if these do result in some system style sets. "New building system" does worry me though. I too think Galidor and hope that they won't waste a megabucks license on poor construction.

If the figures are decent and the aliens scaled right this could make for a good (if short lived) theme.

Ben 10 is a popular comicshow here in Belgium and the Netherlands.

I think it will sell well down here. Btw they even made a Ben 10 movie some time ago!

Could see some weird elements in this line. I mean, how can you create Spider Monkey or Brainstorm with current Lego elements.

If you're wondering, I did my research :tongue: (this involved watching an episode to see what it was like)

Mind you, it can't get much weirder than the '"making toys of toys" with Toy Story Lego.

I hope TLG remember some of their older fans! :hmpf:

Am I the only who thinks this smells like the next Galidor? :tongue:

I don't see how this is supposed to fit in with LEGO and why do they need another theme including aliens next to Space Police III, I know it's a license, but wouldn't this badly affect the SP III sales to have a similiar theme? :sceptic:

Edited by Stealth Hunter

Am I the only who thinks this smells like the next Galidor? :tongue:

I don't see how this is supposed to fit in with LEGO and why do they need another theme including aliens next to Space Police III, I know it's a license, but wouldn't this badly affect the SP III sales to have a similiar theme? :sceptic:

I think they tested the waters for that problem with Star Wars and SPIII. No problem so far. On top of that, this license will probably fetch Lego a great deal more $$ than SP III could. And on the note of the theme being Galidor-esque, I highly doubt they'd repeat that mistake, given the amount of variety in the vehicles in the Ben 10 series.

I watched some episodes and there could be some great parts,kids like it.What is Galidor?

Gamer.

I watched some episodes and there could be some great parts,kids like it.What is Galidor?

Gamer.

Galidor was LEGOs try on interchargeable actionfigures, which went horribly wrong, regarding both sales and design.

Edited by Stealth Hunter

This is great news to me. :classic: I like Ben 10, even though the new show, Ben 10 Alien Force, isn't as entertaining as the original to me. Ben 10 is almost as popular with young boys as the Clone Wars, so it was a no-brainer for Lego to pick up this license.

There are not many sets that I can see coming from this since Ben and his friends always travel around so that there are not many iconic vehicles or locations in the show, but I'm sure TLG can think of some good sets, just like they will with Toy Story. :thumbup: One thing is for sure though: They will definitely make a set of the most iconic vehicle of the show, Kevin's car:

post-2028-1243964202.jpg

And who wouldn't want that! :wub:

(I can already see the hood popping up to reveal flick-fire missiles! :tongue: )

Could see some weird elements in this line. I mean, how can you create Spider Monkey or Brainstorm with current Lego elements.

Mind you, it can't get much weirder than the '"making toys of toys" with Toy Story Lego.

Good point. Most of the aliens are twice as tall as Ben, so it's likely that they will be new molds. I guess we'll have to wait and let TLG surprise us, just like with Toy Story. :wink:

why do they need another theme including aliens next to Space Police III, I know it's a license, but wouldn't this badly affect the SP III sales to have a similiar theme? :sceptic:

You might be right about that one. :sceptic: Lego Space themes always had trouble co-existing with Star Wars, and now this could mean double the trouble for Lego Space. :sadnew: But then again, Ben 10 alien Force is mostly set on present-day Earth, so there are not many futuristic vehicles that could rival those of SP3. :thumbup:

Let's just say that Lego Ben 10 is something else, way different than what you all are suspecting about here.

I saw some series of this serial on satellite TV and I don't like them.Avatar is better for me.IMHO this sets will be only a new resource of lime colour parts.

Edited by Engene

Let's just say that Lego Ben 10 is something else, way different than what you all are suspecting about here.

Let's just hope it won't be a move in the wrong direction for LEGO. I will remain sceptic on this issue. :sceptic:

Edited by Stealth Hunter

Let's hope so. :grin:

Can you give us any clues? :wink:

Ben10 Bionicle alike creatures? Meh, I don't like the show. But I hope it'll be good. This also doesn't give any hope on a revival of the Harry Potter theme. There are too many licenced themes at the moment.

Aside from the worrying hints of a non-traditional LEGO style, this sounds good, because we may be getting some cool new alien minifigs, hopefully without the awkward Ben 10 black and white markings on them though.

Never heard of Ben 10, does that mean I'm getting old? :look::cry_sad:

I haven't seen ben10 : alien force yet, but I have seen the "original" ben 10.

I suppose it's like it. Some nice parts (if minifig scale of course) of aliens, bountyhunters, etc. Not that many humans though.

Mainly the focus on the aliens and mostly the ones ben can transform into. (I could imagine 10 sets or so in order to get all the aliens...)

It's a futuristic theme, might help the space MOCers or so.

On another note:

If LEGO has a contract with CN, might we expect Samurai Jack? :grin:

TT

I don't like another license. I hoped TLC would release less licensed sets. I'm afraid the new sets will have a high Megabloks feeling.