Svelte

SQU:AT - Squiddy Assault Tank

indexed.gif

a-titlev3.jpg

The Squiddies are invading! With the arrival of the first half-decent Space theme in several years, the alien faction of the new Space Police 3 theme will stop at nothing to eliminate their licensed rivals and in doing so ensure their own future survival! Notorious criminal P:Squiddy and his family of clones launch a direct attack on the Star Wars universe in their fearsome SQU:AT - Squiddy Assault Tank.

"No longer shall we be confined to the bargain bins and 70% off clearance sales after our second wave comes out," declares P:Squiddy, rallying the troops. "Together we will cut off the head of the Evil Empire - no, I don't mean Palpatine, I mean George Lucas - and build an evergreen theme that will last a thousand years - or at least ten. Enough time for me to triple in value on Bricklink so I can sell off my clone duplicates and make a tidy profit!"

As the fearsome SQU:AT engines and twin-mounted anti-canon cannons roar into life, a thousand MISB Chrome Vaders shudder in their polybags. Could this be the end of Licensed Lego Star Wars as we know it? The invasion begins!

Main view: (same as title pic)

b-fromtherightthreequ3.jpg

Frontal view:

c-frontalview.jpg

Overhead view:

d-topview.jpg

Right hand side view:

f-sideviewright.jpg

Left-hand view showing rear entry hatch:

g-sideviewleft.jpg

Rear view, showing hatch open and P:Squiddy descending:

e-rearview-hatchopen.jpg

Close up of the front section:

h-cockpitzoomedin.jpg

Like the 7679 Republic Assault Tank on which this is based, the front engines and cockpit are both accessible. You can see the fuel cells at the front and the pilot at the controls:

i-2-cockpitclose-open.jpg

And finally, a motivational poster from the P:Squiddy Propaganda Department:

s-motivationalposter.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :sweet: This is my first SW competition entry; the 7679 is one of my favourite sets ever, so I had great fun adapting it to a different aesthetic entirely! Join the P:Squiddy revolution today!

(Brickshelf folder)

That's really great! It looks good like the actual LEGO tank. The colors are fantastic and the look goes really well with Squiddy.

And I'm impressed by your amounts of Squiddy figures!

Wow, great work :thumbup: . The new colour scheme works really well with the model. You have 7 squiddys :cry_happy:.

Oh my gosh! You're a genius! I may hate love the squidman figure, but you made them look good! And a green TX-130 tank, Squiddy stile! I absolutely love it!

But, where did you get the clover piece from the back-hatch?

Edited by Darth Legolas

Oh my gosh! You're a genius! I may hate te squidman figure, but you made them look good! And a green TX-130 tank, Squiddy stile! I absolutely love it!

But, where did you get the clover piece from the back-hatch?

I have that part, I think its from a part tub.

I have that part, I think its from a part tub.

I'll search it on bricklink.

Off topic: I am asking for an alliance with the Squiddies first! Take that, Tusken boy! :tongue:

I'll search it on bricklink.

Off topic: I am asking for an alliance with the Squiddies first! Take that, Tusken boy! :tongue:

Well, Shmelt has 7, I have over 25. And we have bigass rifles!

Well, Shmelt has 7, I have over 25. And we have bigass rifles!

There's actually 8, but the shy pilot stays in the cockpit :laugh:

Squiddies do not bow before your squinty-eyed Tusken superiority! Darth_Legolas can join the alliance :wink:

The 'clover' piece is described on Bricklink as a propeller - see here.

Squiddies do not bow before your squinty-eyed Tusken superiority! Darth_Legolas can join the alliance :wink:

Thanks, that's a weird looking propeller... anywho, I hope Natman doesn't keep bragging about his army, because he'll just have to wait to see what I've got in store for him... :vader::devil: :skull:

ON topic: Nice use of the golden baby T-rex, Svelte.

Pfft. Googly eyed freaks. Something funny, all of my tusken raider face's have some form of different printing. Some even have mouths!

Pfft. Googly eyed freaks. Something funny, all of my tusken raider face's have some form of different printing. Some even have mouths!

That is weird I would ask for pics but for the sake of this entry I won't. :tongue:

Great entry, gotta love that colour scheme. Only problem with a squiddy invasion is there's a Star Wars species they don't stand a chance against; Ewoks! The little blighters are just too short, the squiddies with their upward vision will never see them!

Laurie :tongue:

Very nice and faithfull to the original tank. Also, Natman, i have 8 tuskens aswell. (and you might want to make a tusken tank...)

Edited by Commander Flash

Wow, nice work, svelte!

This tank looks amazing. All of the colors go together so well.

You got 2 (or 1, if there's any other good ones) votes from me! :laugh:

WOW!! :oh::oh3: :oh3: :look:

thats awesome! I love how you kept the original shape of the republic tank but at the same time making it look really like a space police set. The different shades of green go perfectly with the bits of red on it as well.I really like the leaf for the hatch.

This has to be one of my favourite entries

great work and good luck! :wub:

Edited by Roncanator

thats awesome! I love how you kept the original shape of the republic tank but at the same time making it look really like a space police set. The different shades of green go perfectly with the bits of red on it as well.I really like the leaf for the hatch.

Thanks for the feedback! Originally I wanted more bley in there to match with Squidman's colouring, but it ended up being too messy. I actually really like how it turned out with the shades of green and accents of red and a touch of bling.

Parts-wise, it's basically a Stegosaurus set combined with the Flying Wing, plus a few special pieces!

Haha, nice work, Schmelt. Great entry, with the right colors (I like the touch of gold), and design. Funny background too, it made my day. :laugh:

This is a very fine looking entry. It looks a lot like the tank while still looking completely different. :thumbup: But even though the colors look great and suit squiddman quite well, it reminds more of a Christmas themed MOC rather than a SP3 MOC. :sceptic: The color scheme of the bad-guy vehicles in SP3 is black & red, not green & red.

Let's hope this will get indexed soon.

If you don't mind me ask, what do you do with so many Squiddies? :wacko:

And why does everyone spell P-Squiddy with a ":" instead of a "-" ? :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Nice entry! It looks light a tight fit for P-Squiddy (I'm with Oky) in the back. What is the red piece for the weapons? Is it a red Castle soldier helmet?

This is a very fine looking entry. It looks a lot like the tank while still looking completely different. :thumbup: But even though the colors look great and suit squiddman quite well, it reminds more of a Christmas themed MOC rather than a SP3 MOC. :sceptic: The color scheme of the bad-guy vehicles in SP3 is black & red, not green & red.

Let's hope this will get indexed soon.

If you don't mind me ask, what do you do with so many Squiddies? :wacko:

The colour scheme is designed to reflect P:Squiddy himself. He doesn't really have a decent craft that we've seen at all in the line so far in any detail so I think it is unecessary to restrict the palette based off a few tiny speeders, the orange alien's craft (which sort of appears in 2 sets) and the other 2 cars which are black/ yellow and black/ red.

As for the Squiddies, I think of them as a large family of aliens (like Slitheen) rather than just an individual :wink:

What is the red piece for the weapons? Is it a red Castle soldier helmet?

Yes. They're from the Avatar sets. :wink:

The colour scheme is designed to reflect P:Squiddy himself. He doesn't really have a decent craft that we've seen at all in the line so far in any detail so I think it is unecessary to restrict the palette based off a few tiny speeders, the orange alien's craft (which sort of appears in 2 sets) and the other 2 cars which are black/ yellow and black/ red.

Yes, I know that, but I don't think that's the point of the contest. The point of it is it to reflect another theme, not make a MOC based on an individual fig. Besides, look at Squiddman's Pitstop. It has the black, red, and grey color scheme as well. So if P-Squiddy were to have a tank, it should be in that color scheme too IMHO.

I'm just sayin'.