Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Apocalypse

I was thinking about starting a new story on this forum. This would not be a Mafia game, but a story that you make up as you go along like the SWCG.

The Scene

This is based on Earth during a nuclear war, where everything is futuristic. The population on Earth is halved in two days. The soldiers weapons are advanced and their armour is too. The skyscrapers tower thousands of feet above ground and the flying transports zoom between the megastructures. Robots are getting together to take advantage of the eradication of the human race, and are planning to biuld an empire over the remaining inhabitants on Earth. Aliens too are planning their move in space to take all the resources left behind. This could start a new war between robots and aliens, with much more devastating consiquences for the planet. The destructive power of the alien armada beats anything in human history. The robots can make new units in minutes using the metal and circuits from other deactivated machines in the huge disposal tips. Whoever wins, we lose. Ofcourse, if we win we are safe. :tongue:

A lone soldier (my character Zach Smith) is planning to stop the war. He needs help. Will you be willing to help him on his quest?

Rules:(Yes, they are almost like the SWCG rules :tongue: )

1. No spamming, no nonsense, as always (see community guidelines).

2. No battles every other post, IT ANNOYS ME! :tongue:

3. No huge side plots.

4. You can provide speech for other players, but don't take it to the extreme. Example: killing them off or making them look dumb.

5. Try using sets based in the future.

6. All comments not related to the story (e.g: notes on a MOC) should be typed in a different color (it doesn't matter which one, as long as it doesn't blend with the background), like this. This does not apply when we are in-between chapters.

7. Have fun!

8. Join now, or when I end the first chapter. At this point in the story we would probably be somewhere in an inhabited city. If you would like to join, please provide (in between chapters) a picture of your character and some background of him/ her. Remember, you only get one character.

10. Make your posts worth the read, and try to actually contribute (no useless, short posts that don't add anything to the story).

List of Players:

Jammiedodger714 (Zach Smith)

JimButcher Resigned

Oky Wan Kenobi

Millacol88 Resigned

Tim Bit

Lego12

republicFORCES

Bob the Construction Man (Bob)

Da Death Star

Lt. Col. Thok

computerbug

YG-49

simonjedi

jifel

Bartram

Adam

Profiles - In index!

I will edit this post if there are any changes. Please post your characer designs so I can add them, and so we can make scenes using the correct minifig parts.

Greetings,

JD

Btw, I will post pictures during the chapter. Feel free to make your own!

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Copycat! :tongue: Sure, I'll join, but I must advise you that asking other players to post pictures is a terrible idea, as us both have both experienced. If you want to make it more interesting, you could post the pics, instead of the whole game being all writing.

Also, maybe you should ask the staff for permission, first. I'm sure that they will approve, but just to make sure...

I know you didn't ask for it, but I have one more piece of advice to offer- don't drag it out. :tongue:

I'll post a character description/ picture after this is endorsed. :classic:

First post edited. Thanks for joining Jimmy! :thumbup::tongue:

Contacted ImperialShadows btw.

First post edited. Thanks for joining Jimmy! :thumbup::tongue:

Contacted ImperialShadows btw.

We'll discuss this and let you know. :classic:

Interesting premise. :thumbup: It's like a combination of Independence Day, Terminator, and The Fith Element! :tongue:

I'll join, in the hope that this will do better than the SWCG.

I might either be a robot who was reprogrammed to be on the side of the humans or a cyborg. I'll give it some more thought as soon as this gets going (if it ever does). :wink:

Just one question: How does the "No main characters"-rule apply to this? We don't even know any main characters yet! :wacko: Do you mean, like, the leader(s) of the aliens and that/those of the robots and such?

I must advise you that asking other players to post pictures is a terrible idea, as us both have both experienced. If you want to make it more interesting, you could post the pics, instead of the whole game being all writing.

I agree with Jim. It's much better if you do most of the pic-posting and just let everyone else volunteer for it instead of trying to force them to do the pic-posting themselves. That unfortunately never really worked at all in the SWCG. :sadnew:

I'll play! It sounds like fun. :classic: I'll make my fig right now......

Just one question: How does the "No main characters"-rule apply to this? We don't even know any main characters yet! :wacko: Do you mean, like, the leader(s) of the aliens and that/those of the robots and such?

Thanks for pointing that out. Stupid copy/paste! Lol. I changed it for you. :classic:

Any news ImperialShadows?

I'm still waiting for ImperialShadows to contact me about being allowed to start this game, but heck I added you anyway. :tongue:

I'll join in and get working on my mini-fig right away. Count me in.

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be kind of like IA :laugh: . But I'd like to join. I have a Fig made up that would be perfect.

(_)DDS(_)

I have added Bob and D.D.S added to the player list. Does anyone know this game approved yet? :look: Please feel free to post your character pictures and other information. :thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

I'll join...but, just as it was with the SWCG, no assurances on me posting regularly; although now I'm on vacation, so we'll see. :wink:

I've already got a fig, I'll upload some pics.

it sounds just like a story I made for Communication arts in 7th grade as a short story except in mine there were no aliens and 85%of the population of earth has been killed off by a disease caused by a nuclear war that turns them into mindless rotting mutant beasts. And the robots were called S.C.R.A. 2.0 drones...

But what kind of MOCs do we build for this game do they continue were the last one left off or something? Because If I it is something like that I might join. :classic:

~Computerbug

Meet Bob:

cimg1633.jpg

Let Bob give you the grand tour of his bunker:

cimg1639.jpg

"This is the door, it locks tight so that aliens/robots can't get in."

cimg1640.jpg

"This is where I eat. The kitchen is over there."

cimg1644.jpg

"This is my Television. I'm getting tired of watching Batman reruns..."

Story:

Bob Willians was the owner of a large company that built robots and droids. However, when the war started, he went into his bunker with his dog, (Which I forgot to include in my pictures).

Currently, he sits in his bunker, waiting for someone to come down and find him. He also can't drive as he never tried to, and hates the loud banging that keeps him up at night. What ever that might be... :look:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might add more to Bob's profile as the game goes on, but for now, he's surrounded in mystery.

I shall join this game if we still can. :classic: I've already got a sigfig character ready.

Edited by YG-49

I would like to keep the number of players to around fifteen if I can. YG-49 and computer bug are now players.

Now, is this game allowed to start? :thumbup:

EDIT: Bob, that is perfect. I added it to the first post. :classic:

I would like to keep the number of players to around fifteen if I can. YG-49 and computer bug are now players.

Now, is this game allowed to start? :thumbup:

EDIT: Bob, that is perfect. I added it to the first post. :classic:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to this game and I would like to know what fasion we should upload our MOCs do we post them as a story were the last MOC left off or something different. Sorry I just need to get my facts straight. :sceptic: Thanks! :classic: Here is my character.

C.C (my initials) C.C or "Chris" is avery talented inventor soon before the apocalypse he designed mechanical arms that would come out of his backpack at the shout of the word "TOOLS". In a freak inventing accident that involved a bucket of gears and a high voltage A-63 unit with an artificial intelligence meltdown caused his hands to become useless but soon afterwards he developed some three fingered metal hands that were fire proof and had rubber cushions on the inside so he couldn't get electrocuted. He is always wearing goggles is pretty quiet and is very paranoid. He always has a tool belt or tool-box and is not very fast when it comes to building but he makes amazing creations if you give him the time.

~Computerbug

Edited by computerbug

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to this game and I would like to know what fasion we should upload our MOCs do we post them as a story were the last MOC left off or something different. Sorry I just need to get my facts straight. :sceptic: Thanks! :classic:

Well, when you make a post with the next bit of the story you could add the photo of the scene to the post. :wink: I said that I will make most of them, but you can still feel free to post them yourself. No pressure to post pictures! :classic:

Thanks for the profile information, and I look forward to seeing what your character looks like. :thumbup:

Greetings,

JD

Sign me up if there's still room! Nice to see large numbers of ex SWCG players in/

sigfigs and backgrounds will be decided later.

I have no pictures of C.C now but I'll give you a list of parts.

Blackx1568.1167696501.jpg

yellow3626bpx442.1232234178.jpg

black arms and dk grey hands973pay.1194665716.jpg

dk grey over legs x1907.1219286315.jpg

black legs

:EDIT: I'll show you the robot arms later.

Edited by computerbug

I may have trouble finding the head and hair for your figure. :sceptic: Do you mind if I change them a bit in my pictures?

EDIT: simonjedi added to player list. Just like old times. :sweet:

Sign in to follow this