-JD-

Pirate Barge

indexed.gif

Theme: Pirates

Pieces: Definitely over 200 :tongue:

Minifigs: 16

Vehicle: Jabba's Sail Barge

WIP

The pirates had found all the treasure and were getting board of sailing aimlessly round the globe getting attacked by sea creatures. So, they made a new boat. High powered engine which can go in water and can make the ship hover on land, and stolen parts from Jabba's Sail Barge.

The statue at the front depicting a 'Mer-Jar'

2.jpg

Rotta takes control! They're doomed!

3.jpg

The anti aircraft cannon can do some serious damage.

4.jpg

Interior

Captain's Cabin

5.jpg

The research room, with parrots and shelves full of interesting stuff!

6.jpg

The research room without the parrots, but a better shot at the dancer. :grin:

7.jpg

The treasure room. This is where all the Captain's winnings are kept, except for his recent trophies; lightsabers. Note the grill above lifts off to allow new treasure to be put in place.

8.jpg

The Views

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Before...

pirate-barge1.jpg

Other bits of detail will be up soon.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I withdrew the other entry, as it says in the title. :tongue:

Okay then, I will comment on it now. Right now I think it looks way too piratey. It needs some details that really make it look like a Sw vessel still, and not only pirate. Maybe you should build a little bit of steampunk here, because that would make it better in my opinion and it wont be too futuristic.

Nice work. It really looks like a Pirate ship while essentially still looking like Jabba's Barge. :thumbup: Funny scene too! :laugh: But I would remove the top sails because Jabba's Barge only has two sails. Also, the addition of some of the parts from Shipwreck Hideout (like the steering wheel) would improve the MOC quite a bit as well. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for the kind comments. :classic:

@Natman: Yes, I will add some more things to it to make it look more SW. It has an interior with features too which give it the Sail Barge feel. :thumbup:

@Oky: Thanks. Good tips there. The sail idea is really good. :thumbup: Those pieces might be included. Otherwise I may have to improvise. :sceptic:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

wow thats looking great! I think to make it better you should add some detail on the back of the ship a bit more.

Still its a marvelous ship! good luck

New pictures will be up tonight. I made an interior and also changed the sails. :thumbup:

Looks very good now! :sweet: The sails seem a bit high, but that's OK I guess as Pirate ships always have high masts. The Mer-Jar is hilarious! :laugh: And even though he is out of place, Pirate Rotta is pretty funny too. :thumbup:

The interior looks also good. :thumbup: But a research room instead of a kitchen? That can't be good! :grin:

Is that the Governor's daughter in the captain's cabin? :grin:

The ship looks great in general, but some of the areas on the exterior are lacking some detail compared to real Lego Pirate ships. For example, in the back, it would be neat if you had crossed swords above the windows, like on Brickbeard's Bounty. :wink:

Good job, and good luck! :thumbup:

A very very cool entry ! Yay for pirates! I love how it looks , and the detailed interior! :thumbup:

No idea. I'll take that photo now....

Thanks!

Top view photo added. Comment away! :tongue: