• Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Set#: 66308

Set Name: Star Wars Superpack 3in1

Parts: Contains 8017, 7668 & 7667

Minifigs: 9 (Darth Vader, 4x Rebel Trooper, Shadow Trooper & 3x Stormtrooper)

Release: 2009 (In Scandinavia)

Price: 399,- DKr

Links: My Brickshelf - Not on bricklink, peeron & brickset.

Review of the sets included:

8017.jpg 8017 Darth Vader's Tie Anniversary set Review 2 Review 3 Review 4

7667.gif 7667 Imperial Dropship Review 2

7668.gif7668 Rebel Scout Speeder Review 2

Suddenly "out of the blue", TLG treated us with this co-pack of 3 Star Wars sets.

I belive the idea was to make an "OT" Superpack with Stormies, Rebels and the improved Vader's Tie in black and grey.

I still haven't figured out why they put the Shadow Trooper in the Imperial Battle Pack as it is from the Expanded Universe.

The Box:

66308.jpg

A really nice box design that shows very well what you're getting.

A "10 Year Anniversary"-badge, good large pics of the figs included and the sets as well.

All is nicely incorporated on the box graphics. And using the 8017 Vader's Tie as background is really nice.

Only thing I would have liked them to have added is the classic Star Wars logo with the minifigs.

66308_rear.jpg

The rear of the box shows the different features in Vader's Tie and again the included sets are shown, along with this "funny" little notive :laugh:

article8017.jpg

minifigs.jpg

One the side of the box, we're shown the "Full Monty" of minifigs included, scaled 1:1 :wub:

box_flap.jpg

Sadly this is one of those "tear-the-box-open" boxes. :hmpf_bad:

And opening it will definately scar the box. :cry_sad:

66308_open.jpg

The box leaves a lot of space for hot air and could certainly have been a lot smaller.

Especially when considering that the 8017 Vader's Tie is included as polybags.

Also I think they should have added the Chrome Vader to make this a really special Superpack :wub:

The Verdict:Would I have bought this if I wasn't a collector? No I don't think so. I might have if I hadn't already bought the sets before. But the price is not "reduced" enough if this was intended to be a good bargain. Also the lack of something "special" also makes it a little "meh!" :laugh:

Still I'd like to see more of these in the future, even though it smells a little like they did this to get rid of the battlepacks.

As for the set reviews, I suggest you follow the links below and grade/discuss/rate them individually.

If I see this around I will probably get it. I don't have any of the sets and I want to be sure to get the rebel battlepack before TLC stop producing them. Otherwise this set isn't to appealing IMO. Possibly only the collector would buy this over just the normal sets. Thanks for the review :thumbup: .

Didn't know this existed. Looks like a good gift for the new collector, maybe. :sceptic:

The box leaves a lot of space for hot air and could certainly have been a lot smaller.

Especially when considering that the 8017 Vader's Tie is included as polybags.

Considering that they could have put the battle packs and TIE in the box that the TIE originally came in, minus the battle pack boxes, it's shameful that they pumped this up into an even bigger box.

I'm kind of tired of the marketing excuse since they've only used it when it suits them and overlooked the lessons of the past. The best marketing ever was the flip top box. You could actually see the contents laid out before you in all their glory. Those boxes didn't seem vastly oversized, either, and sold just fine. A big box of air only fools people for so long.

This, however, is not the thread for packaging crapping, which is what I just got done doing. :blush:

So, bottom line... ok set for the right customer, crappy packaging. :wink:

A waste of a set, who doesnt have all if not part of this set.

Me :hmpf_bad:. I think these combo sets are a good idea. Combing small sets together from different factions allows you to create small battles and IMO a great opportunity for TLC.

This is kind of an odd combination of sets. I would have thought that Lego would have done this back in 2007/2008 with these BP's and the Imperial Dropship. Still, nothing wrong with more BP's.

I think the combination of sets is meant to be Original Trilogy.

It would have been really odd to have a Clone Walker Battle Pack there since Vader is a little later than that, wouldn't it? :tongue:

A very nice review KimT.

And I think its good LEGO makes these packs.

I don't know the conversion of Danish Kroner, but I assume buying the collection will be cheaper then buying the sets separatly and that's a good thing (else there would be no point in making them).

Thanks for the review, KimT.

These super packs seem pretty good.

All they need to improve on is the box size. :hmpf_bad:

By the way, I think that 399 Danish Krone is around $75 USD (but my currency converter gadget for Windows Vista might be wrong :grin:). :look:

Those three sets together would cost only $50 USD...

Are LEGO sets in Denmark overpriced?

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for the review, KimT.

These super packs seem pretty good.

All they need to improve on is the box size. :hmpf_bad:

By the way, I think that 399 Danish Krone is around $75 USD (but my currency converter gadget for Windows Vista might be wrong :grin:). :look:

Those three sets together would cost only $50 USD...

BPs-DKK130 each + Vader's TIE-DKK329 =DKK589

So the superpack would be cheaper, at least for Denmark :grin:

Minifigs: 8 (Darth Vader, 4x Rebel Trooper, Shadow Trooper & 3x Stormtrooper)

Little mistake there, it's 9 minifig not 8.

Edited by green dewback

Little mistake there, it's 9 minifig not 8.

Indeed.

Cursed keyboard is soo small and my fingers are extremely fat compared to it. :laugh:

Not necessarily.

When converted, yes, then the prices are around twice the US prices.

But then there's taxes, income, real-estate value and stuff like that to consider, before making judgments on overpricing or not.

And let's not go there.

Let's keep it at the fact that this Superpack is cheaper than buying the three sets individually.

Nice review Kim.

I know that there are a few up on Bricklink but can anyone lay their hands on one of these sets at retail for me please?

PM or email (see sig) me if you can.

good "review" but it's more of an unboxing. I wouldnt mind getting this set

Costs about 71 dollar here in sweden on sale now, normal price like 100.

Is this a good package 3-1? Or is 71 dollar still to mutch?

Costs about 71 dollar here in sweden on sale now, normal price like 100.

Is this a good package 3-1? Or is 71 dollar still to mutch?

Well, I'd buy it for that price!

Btw, nice to see another Swedish lego fan on EB!

Well, I'd buy it for that price!

Btw, nice to see another Swedish lego fan on EB!

ICA Maxi has it for sale, also the Anakin Y-ving :)

I tell you the situation in Spain...

Normal price for the superpack is 60 euros. If you have the checks of "Toys R Us", it would come down to 54 euros.

The normal price for a 8017 is 36 euros, and 13 for 7667 and 7668, which makes 62 euros, and if you have the checks it would come down to 56 euros.

That depends on you, but I think that any sale on that super pack would make it suitable for buying.

Enjoy!

I think its probably cheaper if you buy it separatley. Don't know the retail cost in sweden, but in canada... its better off to purchase each set instead of buying this package on bricklink.

segambit Welcome to EB! :sweet:

Sorry I can't help you out as im not a Swede.

but in canada... its better off to purchase each set instead of buying this package on bricklink.

For us in NZ it costs about the same to get all the three sets seperatly, then to get them in this super-value-pack thingy :grin:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox