Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

PHOTO REVIEW: 7890 Ambulance

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

AMBULANCE

102_0203.jpg

7890 Ambulance surpasses the price-to-piece ratio at 112 pieces for $7.99.

The Fig

102_0204.jpg

I like the medic outfit, but that face is starting to annoy me. Also, while I realize this is perfectly level for an $8 set, I feel that it could use a patient figure as well. Still, as I said, no complaining; it's on par for the price.

His 'electric thingy'. I'm not entirely sure what this is. Anyone?

The Ambulance

102_0206.jpg

Oh, 1x1x2/3 slope; how I love thee.

102_0207.jpg

Pardon my bad stickerage. I like the design of the side, but it feels a bit squished to me in general. Accurate, but a bit offsetting for me.

I love those doors.

The top. More 1x1x2/3 sweetness.

Front seat. Standard.

The inside. Stretcher fits snugly in, smooth roof removal.

Stretcher. Interesting, simple design.

FINAL VERDICT: 8.3/10

Figs: 7/10

Pieces: 9/10

Set: 8/10

Playability: 8/10

I really like this little set, and it's very good for the price. A great compliment to the other CITY sets, and a useful addition to any collection. This has my stamp of approval!

Until next time,

Bloody Jay

Does the electric thingy slide out from the side? Or is that just for design?

Design only, I'm afraid.

@ Lost Viking - Amazon, but I also saw them at my local Toys R Us.

I think that the device with the with those dial things is for heartrate and stuff. I'm dissapointed that the minifig's torso isn't like the one on the Spiderman set. That torso realy felt like a Lego City torso, although this one is okay. I agree about the minifig face, it is getting annoying..sort of like the director head of the Studios sets.

When are you reviewing the copter?

Well, seeing as how I work in an ER, I should be able to tell you ;) They hook these machines up to people in a critical state (anyone who needs to be rushed in by ambulance obviously has something reasonably wrong with them). They hook up to the patient, and monitor their pulse, breathing, and several other "vitals" They also can print the information out to quickly give to physicians when the patient's rushed into the ER for treatment.

Well, seeing as how I work in an ER, I should be able to tell you ;) They hook these machines up to people in a critical state (anyone who needs to be rushed in by ambulance obviously has something reasonably wrong with them). They hook up to the patient, and monitor their pulse, breathing, and several other "vitals" They also can print the information out to quickly give to physicians when the patient's rushed into the ER for treatment.

Thanks man! Another mystery solved.

Interesting of Lego to add something like that to the set when they didn't have to...pretty cool.

Great review! I am just curious as to where you got it?

too bad we cant order from amazon since we are canuckers

I think the ambulance looks like the fire engine from 2005.

Lego says "just imagine" but I think their designers are highly lacking in that area.

I think the ambulance looks like the fire engine from 2005.

Lego says "just imagine" but I think their designers are highly lacking in that area.

Well, you have to have some continuity. The cars from the new sets (including 2005) aren't too bad and they all "fit the theme" - except for the prisoner transport, that one's a big disappointment.

What ticks me off most about the new cars is that they don't have doors - that's really annoying. But at least it's good practice for my modification (and later MOCing) skills...

This is on sale at Amazon for $5.99... I think I might grab one or two, if not for the interesting wheel wells and 1x1 slopes I like getting from X-Pods usually.

Are the wheel well individual pieces, or is it 2 pieces that stretch from one side to the other?

Are the wheel well individual pieces, or is it 2 pieces that stretch from one side to the other?

Individual pieces:

50745.1102652876.jpg

It's probably just a prototype. The actual version has definitely got the minifigs with white suits.

Mhm.

I wonder why they released it already. It's against their usual release cycle (which Jake explains in his Q&A). They do have the airport sets for next year and the new train and lots of non-city stuff but it's still a first in recent years...

Just got the 2 I ordered off Amazon ($5.99 for a few days, but price is now $7.99)

I did something WEIRD with this set.

I actually built it.

I never build ANY Lego sets... they're strictly parts sources for mecha and such.

But I gotta' say, this is a sexy little ambulance. It could have only been better as a two-seater with an extra minifig.

I proceeded just minutes after to mosh both duplicate sets together into a van-like monstrosity, but it still counts.

Hey, anyone else notice that the ambulance on the front of the box has 2 "ghost studs" on top of it?

They look like they were edited in later atop the large, white hood piece... I assume the early versions of that part were studless... or something?

: /

What they could have done with is some drivers doors on the front.

Easy job, just done it with the police van.

Insert a row of thin flat pieces under the 'red' level & then use standard 1*3 doors & some 1*n bricks instead of the 1*12 bricks.

Jof

Insert a row of thin flat pieces under the 'red' level & then use standard 1*3 doors & some 1*n bricks instead of the 1*12 bricks.

Jof

I see that you are relatively new hear, but one rule here is not to post in a topic that is more than 20 days old.

Remember this in the future and Welcome to Eurobricks!!! :smile:

-l2k-

Jof

I see that you are relatively new hear, but one rule here is not to post in a topic that is more than 20 days old.

Remember this in the future and Welcome to Eurobricks!!! :smile:

-l2k-

I don't think there is a rule like that. And since he's new, I don't see what's wrong about him posting here. It's a pinned topic after all.