Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBrickster

MOTEE 6D

194 posts in this topic

Murder on the Emerald Express

Chapter 6D: Getting Out of Town

- Conductor Max (Crew) - Team Leader

- Eleanor Grigsby (P)

- Mark Williams (P)

- Lorraine "Big Rig" Bailey (T)

- Grill'N George (T)

- Howard Snitchman (T)

avmaxwell.jpgaveleanor.jpgavmark.jpg

avlorraine.jpgavgeorge.jpgavhoward.jpg

"Well, I don't know if we're going to be able to get the Emerald Express repaired in this small town", Conductor Max warns, "I think we may want to find another way out of Willoughby".

Lorraine "Big Rig" Bailey quickly offers her services. "I've got a semi truck that I don't drive much any more", she tells, "I keep it parked behind the old railroad station". Grill'N George quickly adds, "and if that don't work, I'll fix you up the best Hot Dog you've ever had and show you my airplane. I've been building one of those "mail order" airplane kits, and it's just about done. I can't wait to get it up in the air"!

"We might want to get going", Lorraine warns, "if that's okay with you Cap'n (I mean Conductor)".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Raises hands full of gas canisters*

I'll fill her up, and then we can come up with some sort of plan.

I hope y'all perfectly sure about this, because if it goes wrong, I'd say goodbye to at least one life point!

Maybe we should get going to my semi...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so we have a semi-truck and an airplane at our disposal. Why the hell are we still stuck here, then? :tongue:

I think we need a map of the area. We need to know

1) how many roads lead out of this god-forsaken village,

2) what surrounds it and

3) where is the nearest neighboring town.

Does anyone have an answer to these questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Do I have a map in the semi?)

I'll check if there's one in my semi...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like I'm with you uys then. :sweet: I guess I won't be able to teach that farmer how to play D&D after all... :cry_sad: I don't suppose any of you are interested. :cry_happy:

To the matter at hand though. Clearly the other groups are going for fixing/refueling the train, so what are we doing? Clearly we need to leave aboard the train, but I guess some other way will do for now, as I take it the other groups will catch up in the train later if we get out first.

So then, let's take a look at this Big Rig of yours Lorraine, it sounds like a good place to start. We're going to need some good luck to get out of this place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Mark, you can teach me the rules of D&D anytime...

However, I'm all for using my semi to get the "ruck" outta here, but as Eleanor said, we need to check maps first.

I just hope I have one in here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, well here's the problem: I need to return to LA with the Emerald Night else I loose my job. So my plan is that we make haste to get out of here in that truck, and we go as far as we can before God deems it night fall. We'll follow the railway line, and camp so that when the train comes by, we can jump on. Any takers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to play D&D. I once slew a real dragon in real life, and then I ate him after cooking him slowly over a fire. He filled me up good.

I say that we push Grill'N George onto the train tracks, becuase he's no doubt working for the mayor or else he would of left. A train cwouldn't run over him, so when it stops, we dress up as pirates and then board. The conductor, who is also a Cap'n it would seem, shoots the old conductor, takes the train, and no one is the wiser. And then Hallanor, such a lovely name, and I get married, and I can give her a dragon scale as an engagement present! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, man. You must be on on some strong snuff!

I'll check in the trunk for a map...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But be quick - if we want to follow my plan, we need to go tonight! I don't want to sleep in this town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to sleep in this town either! That's why I drank 5 Red Bull's today! Yippeee! Are we going to play this D&D that you mentioned or what? I miss Scruffy. He was a good dog.

Rim rot rone!

There he is! Hey SCruffy, hey there boy, how are you? You want to skip town with us you say? You agree that we shoul go with my plan?

Ri rure ro!

Oh boy. It's great to have a freind! But maybe the captain's plan will work better. I'll go try to flag down a train. No, you know what? I'll go stop a train. I'll just stand in that track and hit a train, like in that new Willie Smit movie, where he's that super hero, but he's not liked. I don't actually know what it's about, I only saw the preveiws. Man, that Willie Stiller is a great actor. Willie Stiller? Isn't it Ben? YEah, Ben Stiller. Ben's a character in LOST. I love that show. I watched all 5 seasons back to back over a few days a month ago, but then I feel asleep and forgot it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw me in front of a train? What have you been sniffing? I saw we go with Maxwell Snyder's plan. Now, lets go get that map and fill that truck up. If you guys want we could use my plane, which is almost finished. Anybody want some nice hot dogs?

Hello, My name is Grill'N George avgeorge.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following the train tracks toward the sunset, Lorraine leads the way with two gas cans in hand.

The others follow as Lorraine responds to Eleanors' questions:

1) how many roads lead out of this god-forsaken village,

2) what surrounds it and

3) where is the nearest neighboring town.

Does anyone have an answer to these questions?

avlorraine.jpg

1) Well, there was two that I know of, but unfortunately, the road toward the west was washed out by a landslide the year El Nino hit. That left us with one, and it's a bad route. It goes over the Cassandra Crossing, and that's an unsafe bridge. I'm surprised it's still standing! There is also the train route that's not accessible by vehicle.

2) Willoughby is surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Beautiful country though!

3) That would probably be Auburn, almost 8 hours North / Northeast from us.

I believe I do have an old map in my truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, I like the Coductors idea more than mine. Luckily, I heard from a bird that mine was a bad one.

Sadly, we've got almost no way out of town, so we may as well discuss what we know about town. Want to build a camp fire and tell each other what we know? I can make fire with my eyes. It takes me a half an hour though, and I can't talk during it or else I lose tha blity to for the rest of the day. I'll start now. Go gather sticks.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Damn. I can't do it. How long did I make it today? I'm trying to work up to a half an hour, I've never done it before. 5 seconds today? New record! Ice Cream's on me.

Okay, Hellanor. Can I ask you why you have a gun with you? And could I also ask you to go shoot the mayor? He's down on the main street. ACtually, listen. I can create a portal with my mind, and I'll open a passage from here to main street. Then you just shoot in, and we can kill him! I can scan all the other area's with my mind.

Who is this Zepher guy everyone keeps talking abour, by the way. I have a feeling that Herman said it, and that dog, Schooby, called me it before. I'm Howard Witchman. Say it with me. Witchman. Wait...

I think I know all the killers! I know that Jeb's one of them, but shush. I know I'm one of them, but shush. no wiat... Grill'n George is one of them, I think. Or Big Rig. I think there's one in each group, so that they can kill the people who are leaving. If I didn't turn invisible at night they'd probaly kill me tonight, becuase I know so much. I planted bugs in everyone's houses in this town. Except the bugs all crawled back to my house, so now I just moniter myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd love to play D&D.

Oh awesome. :sweet: After all that talk earlier though, I went and left my gear locked in my cabin on the train. :blush: Ah well, maybe another time?

I once slew a real dragon in real life, and then I ate him after cooking him slowly over a fire. He filled me up good.

:oh3:

*oh2*

You... you... :cry_sad:

But be quick - if we want to follow my plan, we need to go tonight! I don't want to sleep in this town.

I agree, we need to find a way out. :look: If we can't find a good way out before nightfall however, I suggest we return to the train. I'd rather sleep there than in the town.

So, there is only one road out, and that's got a dodgy bridge that I'd prefer to avoid. The closest town is 8 hours away. Therefore it seems to me that the only way we can leave this place is by train, which is fine by me. The question is, how can we go about trying to fix it? I mean, group 1 is trying to find spare parts, and group 3 is looking for coal, so what should we do? I don't suppose we could take another look at the engine to assess if there is any other way of fixing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1) Well, there was two that I know of, but unfortunately, the road toward the west was washed out by a landslide the year El Nino hit. That left us with one, and it's a bad route. It goes over the Cassandra Crossing, and that's an unsafe bridge. I'm surprised it's still standing! There is also the train route that's not accessible by vehicle.

Then maybe the plane is an option.

So, there is only one road out, and that's got a dodgy bridge that I'd prefer to avoid. The closest town is 8 hours away. Therefore it seems to me that the only way we can leave this place is by train, which is fine by me. The question is, how can we go about trying to fix it? I mean, group 1 is trying to find spare parts, and group 3 is looking for coal, so what should we do? I don't suppose we could take another look at the engine to assess if there is any other way of fixing it?

Train does seem to be the only way out, but the Emerald doesn't seem to be workable or repareable in this town.

But, seeing as I'm a train conductor and I know quite a lot about trains... Give me a minute...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay, Hellanor. Can I ask you why you have a gun with you? And could I also ask you to go shoot the mayor? He's down on the main street. ACtually, listen. I can create a portal with my mind, and I'll open a passage from here to main street. Then you just shoot in, and we can kill him! I can scan all the other area's with my mind.

I have a gun in case I have to deal with raving lunatics like you. :hmpf_bad:

Aaanyway, from what you kindly told me, Lorraine, we have two options:

1) Go check that bridge at Cassandra Crossing to see if it can carry the truck, or

2) Help Barbeque here to finish his plane. What parts are you still lacking, BBQ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1) Go check that bridge at Cassandra Crossing to see if it can carry the truck, or

2) Help Barbeque here to finish his plane. What parts are you still lacking, BBQ?

Actually, we have 3:

1) Road

2) Plane (that's more favourable than road in my opinion, but not quite s favourable as number 3 - read on)

3) TheBrickster assures me that I'm in this group rather than group 1 for a reason and it has to do with my train engineering skills. So I think the very first thing we should do, is look around for a locomotive other than 10194 that we can hook up to the Emerald Express. That way, we all return in comfort, and I don't loose my job for arriving without the train! So who's up for a jog to this town's rail yard / engine shed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So who's up for a jog to this town's rail yard / engine shed?

But another group went into that direction, already. :sceptic:

I really think we should explore the other options, oh mighty leader. I insist. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
But another group went into that direction, already. :sceptic:

I really think we should explore the other options, oh mighty leader. I insist. :angry:

Ok, I'm happy for alternatives, but I would like to investigate my theory. So we'll head to the railyard now (small town, shouldn't take us long) and on the way discuss what our next move will be. Sounds ok to you guys?

*Group starts moving toward the train yard*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I really think we should explore the other options, oh mighty leader. I insist. :angry:

Oh dear, here we go. :look:

*Ducks for cover*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Maxwell! Mr Maxwell!

How about you and Mark go and check out the train engine shed, and myself, Eleanor and George here go and check the bridge? We can get there faster if we go in my semi...

How about it, Eleanor? George?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*stops the group*

Hold it right there, Mr. Conductor!

I remember that you yourself said this:

"Well, I don't know if we're going to be able to get the Emerald Express repaired in this small town", Conductor Max warns, "I think we may want to find another way out of Willoughby".

I know you love trains, but I really, really, really think we shouldn't waste our time on them anymore, but find alternative options to get out of this Dinkyville. Besides, there's another group in the train yard already, what's the point of us marching in there as well?

I say we vote on this. Which of you want to go to Cassandra's Crossing on Lorraine's semi-truck, and which ones of you want to follow Mr. Conductor here to the train yard?

I vote for the Crossing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*stops the group*

Hold it right there, Mr. Conductor!

I remember that you yourself said this:

I know you love trains, but I really, really, really think we shouldn't waste our time on them anymore, but find alternative options to get out of this Dinkyville. Besides, there's another group in the train yard already, what's the point of us marching in there as well?

I say we vote on this. Which of you want to go to Cassandra's Crossing on Lorraine's semi-truck, and which ones of you want to follow Mr. Conductor here to the train yard?

I vote for the Crossing!

Indeed - I said that in my post. :tongue:

I believe this is the answer:

Mr Maxwell! Mr Maxwell!

How about you and Mark go and check out the train engine shed, and myself, Eleanor and George here go and check the bridge? We can get there faster if we go in my semi...

How about it, Eleanor? George?

Why? Because we cover 2 places quickly and get out of here sooner, and Mark was keen to learn about trains earlier anyway. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its decided?

Sandy and George, you'd like to come in my semi, yes?

And Mr Maxwell and Mark will go to the Engine Shed.

Okay then.

*Climbs into my semi, leaving the door open for the other two*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.