1x Pump

Functions:

There are several functions.

Drivetrain:

9.jpg_thumb.jpg

Extremely simple. Two PF XL motors.

The drill:

2.jpg_thumb.jpg 4.jpg_thumb.jpg 5.jpg_thumb.jpg 12.jpg_thumb.jpg

The drill - the main function of the vehicle. It's lowered and rotated by two PF Medium motors.

There are two pf medium motors in the drilling head. One is used to move the drill forward/backward and another medium motor rotates it.

The driller can drill perpendicular to the surface or at around 20 degrees.

V6 engine, lights

8.jpg_thumb.jpg

Check the images for the functions.

Pneumatyka

6.jpg_thumb.jpg 7.jpg_thumb.jpg

At first I didn't plan to apply the pneumatics to this MOC but I had some spare room inside and thought I could use it. Two pneumatic cylinders open two hatches. Steered separately.

pump.jpg_thumb.jpg

I didn't have much room inside on the right side but still managed to put there a pump.

IR Receivers

3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Are quite well hidden inside.

Battery Box

11.jpg_thumb.jpg

Check the movie to see how to do that. It's very simple and fast.

Movie

Check the movie here:

That would be all. Thank you for seeing the MOC. I'm awaiting the critics and comments.

Edited by KimT
YouTube link embedded

Dude! That is awesome! I love it! It moves in so many ways! And this was all done with Power Functions? No NXT? I absolutely love it!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Excellent MOC. It's always good to see unusual concepts like this for Technic models. The pneumatic compartment doors are a great touch and something I've rarely seen in Technic models.

One thing I would suggest is to hide the PF wires somewhere inside the drilling arm though. They mess up the otherwise perfect appearance of the model.

Dude! That is awesome! I love it! It moves in so many ways! And this was all done with Power Functions? No NXT? I absolutely love it!

PF is generally the best choice for Technic models that are supposed to be manually controlled. :wink:

Great model! I love all the functionality. One question, how do you get the power functions lights to flash?

Thanks for comments mates. I use the eccentric mechanism check this here:

9.jpg

This mechanisms forces the switch to change polarity and to switch lights on and off.

One thing I would suggest is to hide the PF wires somewhere inside the drilling arm though.

Check the pictures of the rigs. They have much much more cables on the outside :) The reason the cables are outside is that there are so many cables that the architects are not capable of putting them inside:)

An impressive creation that looks very compact and complicated. I actually had to watch the video to fully understand what this kind of vehicle is supposed to do in real life.

I like the way you added a smooth exterior with System bricks, and found room for small things as printed tiles with gauges and tools in the back.

I guess you use three remotes when controlling it.

Front

Wow! That is one huge blast hole drilling rig!

I love the details like speed, bricks used,... I always like that kind of information.

A big :thumbup: from me.

Thanks mates!

I used only one remote controller because I don't have batteries for another one :) Of course it used 3 channels.

I've uploaded few photos of interiors to show you how narrow it was inside.

inside1.jpg

Edited by Intact

It's always very good to see a lot of functionality packed into a small space. :sweet:

Check the pictures of the rigs. They have much much more cables on the outside :) The reason the cables are outside is that there are so many cables that the architects are not capable of putting them inside:)

After looking at some pictures of these things, I see what you're talking about. :tongue: Still, it would probably look better for the model if the wires were bunched together more neatly, like this.

I had already seen the model on brickshelf and I must say that it's a really great model! A lot of functionality in very little space, always nice to see how people manage to fit it. Keep on building those great models!

This truly is a stunning piece of work.

Just what I like to see in the Technic Forum.

The real deal raw machinery that can be made with those odd bricks with holes and the pins :grin:

Personally I have no clue how to do things like this, I just like the awesomeness of them :blush:

I took the liberty of frontpaging this fine model :thumbup:

Truly amaing work this really did deserve front page news thanks KimT if you had'nt put this I'd of never seen it! Good work I love all the little flaps that reveal all sorts of different gadjets!

I am amazed with it's complexity. Very good job on this, the functions are really nice as well. It also looks very good too.

Thanks mates!

Just what I like to see in the Technic Forum.

The you will probably like my next model :) BTW, i think that technic is not so popular here on eurobricks.

I took the liberty of frontpaging this fine model

Not a problem :) Thanks :)

The you will probably like my next model :) BTW, i think that technic is not so popular here on eurobricks.

Hopefully it will be and if you guys keep posting stuff like this, then I am certain that it will.

We've just recently split Technic from Bionicle and i think this forum is going in a great direction.

:thumbup:

To be honest, at first when I saw Technic mixed in one bag with Bionicle I was shocked. Fortunately you've separated them.

Very cool and original model! I like the detail, functions and movement very much!

This is very much a Technic model! Great job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

May I suggest a better quality rendering of your video, as it does to me spoil it.

If you need any help with editing, please feel free to ask! :grin: