Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Croissant

My new Ship MOC WIP 'L'Aigle'

UPDATE 2, PAGE 2! -JUNE, 27th

A few weeks ago I posted some pictures about my MLCad ship, called 'L'Unité', I renamed it into 'L'Aigle'. And here is the first post of the building process.

aigle001.jpg

Overview of the building site, with mine and Blackmoor's shoes :pir_laugh2:

aigle013.jpg

Starboard of the ship, with a tumblehome, yet in the wrong colours.

aigle012.jpg

The great cabin. You can see some weapons hanging on the wall. I want to make the black and white patterns on the floor like can be seen on HMS Victory for example.

aigle014.jpg

The stern. Ofcourse I will use different colours later. And I want to use a lot of those yellow wings on the stern.

aigle006.jpg

Cap'n Blackmoor is helping me with building the ship :pir-classic:

aigle007.jpg

...but he needs some encouragements. :pir-skull:

aigle003.jpg

There are also some very hard working islanders helping me with the ship.

aigle004.jpg

aigle005.jpg

aigle009.jpg

Islander:"Look what I've found Sir!" "Another Redcoat spy in the bushes!"

aigle010.jpg

Me: "You're doing a great job! Put it by the others!"

aigle002.jpg

One last view. Thanks for the attention :pir-classic:

More pictures on Brickshelf.

Suggestions and tips are very welcome!

Edited by YnyklY

I totally approve of the way you deal with redcoat spies. Way to go!

I agree. I DESPISE Red Coats

Nice start to your project. I can't wait to see it progress.

Islander:"Look what I've found Sir!" "Another Redcoat spy in the bushes!"

Me: "You're doing a great job! Put it by the others!"

I hate to say this but I recognize a lot of those heads...I believe they are from a bluecoat regiment known for excessive drinking and running away from battle (though that hardly narrows it down when talking of Bluecoats). Say hi to your Islanders...we've had them on the payroll for years!

I hate to say this but I recognize a lot of those heads...I believe they are from a bluecoat regiment known for excessive drinking and running away from battle (though that hardly narrows it down when talking of Bluecoats).

I understand you recognize the heads. They once were friends of yours. They are all redcoat spies. They were dressed like a bluecoat army so ofcourse you thught it was a bluecoat regiment :pir_laugh2:

I've arrived at my house again after our amazing day. We have spend a good time working and talking about ships and building techniques. :pir-blush:

No doubt this will turn into a mighty vessel once it's finished! I can't wait for more updates!

I think the cabin will turn out fantastic with realistic interior and beautiful stern.

And I really like the yellow hoses used to be the headrails. :pir-oh3:

I wish you all the best YnyklY! :thumbup:

I agree. I DESPISE Red Coats

I do not think the Redcaots are stupid enough to keep sending spies when others continue to dissapear again and again. Not realistic at all.

Anyway, Why do we need to spy on a one decked ship when we have plenty of ship of the lines!

Your ship looks wonderful thus far. :thumbup:

Why does the Honorable Captain Blackmoor have that beard though? :pir-look:

Anyway, Why do we need to spy on a one decked ship when we have plenty of ship of the lines!

I don't understand that either, i'm no redcoat. Maybe they think we are building some secret weapon or something like that..

Why does the Honorable Captain Blackmoor have that beard though?

eh...well...ehh... yes, I think he didn't have time to shave.. :pir-cry_happy:

Why does the Honorable Captain Blackmoor have that beard though? :pir-look:

I have to work on the ship till it's finished... :pir-cry_sad::pir_laugh2:

And indeed, no time to shave the hairy cheeks! :pir-tongue:

It's looking to be a grand ship indeed, I cant wate to se what the finished product will look like, but I haft to ask, any Redcout offesrs willing to brib me to sail into that bay and sink it befor it's got a hall to flote on? Of course if the blues have a counter offer I'd be willing to think of a bubbel cros and report to the Reds shes in Davey Jones Locker, or I just mite take the ship for myself leave no servivers and some bodeyes dersed like Reds and let every one think every one eals did it just for fun. Some men just like to see the werld burn. :jollyroger:

The ship is in a hidden place :pir-sweet: so it's impossible to sink it yet, you'll have to wait untill it sets sail, and ofcourse it's nicer to beat someone in a real fight instead of destroying a ship that's not finished yet, that's cowardous :pir-classic: Well, anyway, I have ordered a lot of new bricks and already received them, so I think next week there will be a new update :pir-classic:

Nice work going on :pir-blush: I cant wait 'till the next update.

i still approve of your islander slaves :pir_laugh2: awesome job!

My soldier group is still yet to of capture any :pir-cry_sad:

I dont have Islander sets! :pir_bawling:

So here is the next update! This time wihout a story because I didn't even have my avatar at home :pir-classic: So enjoy.

aigle_1.jpg

First an overall-look, with a big source of inspiration as background

aigle_2.jpg

This is the captain's cabin, it's a lot better than the first post, but not perfect. I need to change some colours like the white and blue boxes on the tables, I want to make them brown. You can also see a black and white pattern, I'm going to make the entire floor of that room with the pattern.

aigle_3.jpg

This is one of the cannons, I'm going to attach them with ropes to the ship like can be seen here. You can also see the white pillars (?) which run through the entire ship. And the thing to load the cannon with.

aigle_4.jpg

This is about how I'm going to make the side of the ship, ofcourse it's going to be yellow instead of white. The ropes from the crow's nest are going to the gray brick with the holes in it. You can also see the first crewmember of the ship, he's investigating the ship to see if it will be a good sailor and if he might better search for another ship :pir-classic:

aigle_5.jpg

This is the current state of the stern. The dragons and wings look nice in my opinion, but for the rest I'm not very satisfied with it, I think I'm going to make more yellow in it.

aigle_6.jpg

Just another overall look, also with 2 lifeboats this time.

aigle_7.jpg

This is the last pic. You can see the bow and figurehead better here. I'm quite satisfied with it, but I want to find a better way to put the figurehead on it.

Well, that was it. I'm having holiday now, so it will take some time for the next update, but there will surely be another one!

(ofcourse suggestions are very welcome again)

Edited by YnyklY

I see a cannon in there...

You've stolen it from me ey? :pir_laugh2:

The ship is progressing nicely YnyklY, she slowly takes shape! :thumbup:

I really like the tumblehome so far! I think it will be even better in the right colours. :pir-sweet:

The interior is coming along nicely. Brown furniture would defenitely add a lot in here.

The stern is my favorite part. I love the yellow details on it. :pir-wub:

Perhaps a good idea to make a yellow border around the cabin.

The headrails are taking shape and look good so far. Watch out the bow isn't going to be too boxy.

The position of the masts is quite correct and I like that red stripe above the tumblehome. :thumbup:

Good luck with the build! :pir-wink:

I see a cannon in there...

You've stolen it from me ey?

Ehm..I borrowed it :pir-grin: but I'm willing to return it as soon as I have my own, I just need something to defend myself against the islanders, they want to free my slaves :pir_mad:

Perhaps a good idea to make a yellow border around the cabin.

What do you mean with it? on the outside of the cabin?

maybe making the slopes, ect. yellow would make it look nicer. I Love the tumblehome, and I'm REALLY envious about your bow skills. she will be quite a ship when she's finished!

Keep up the good work! :thumbup: