WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 1

Yes, cheers!

And to the start of our journey aboard the Emerald Express!
And, of course, to good health! :thumbup:

Does the staff drink on this train? *huh*

Does the staff drink on this train? *huh*

A little bit of that doesn't harm anyone! :sweet:

Cheers!

While the passengers and crew eat waffles, drink beer, and peek over Mark William's Dungeon Master's screen taking turns fudging the d96 to numbers above 80, Captain Conductor Max reminds Jim that it's time for orientation. (voice from above says... Jim, come one... the passengers are taking advantage of the open bar).

04.jpg

EDIT: (plus, at this rate, we won't have any more Leggos in the morning).

*slips a whoopee cushion under Herman's seat*

:blush: I knew this would happen. Sorry everybody. I get real nervous around women, especially smart ones. Oh...it's just a whoopee cushion with a link to wikipedia. :cry_sad: Great gag... ha ha. :blush:

*enters dragging a large luggage*

Oh, I didn't realize this was a party train...

Hi, everyone. My name is Eleanor Grigsby. I'm thrilled to have gotten a ticket to this exclusively fantastic train! So, who of you is behind this invitation I got?

Oh, none of you? You all got the same invitation? Splendid!

Drinks? Did I hear someone say drinks? Well, I suppose something on the rocks might distract me from ... you know.

*slips a whoopee cushion under Herman's seat*

Join me for a drink, Ms. Shafer?

:hmpf_bad:

"On the rocks." I'll admit it! That was punny!

I'll have a drink, but its not like its a date... its a toast with all of my new found friends aboard. CHEERS!

Welcome aboard Eleanor!

*enters dragging a large luggage*

Oh, I didn't realize this was a party train...

Hi, everyone. My name is Eleanor Grigsby. I'm thrilled to have gotten a ticket to this exclusively fantastic train! So, who of you is behind this invitation I got?

Oh, none of you? You all got the same invitation? Splendid!

:cry_sad: Another woman? uh-oh *fart*

:blush: Pardon me. I mean, that wasn't me. It was a whoopee cushion. Grease has a special standing up version... :look:

Two beautiful women? I'm going to be a nervous wreck on this trip. *huh*

Thank you, sir! How very exciting. I've read all about this type of train and even toyed around with a model. Unfortunately, my track radius was too low and I miscalculated the trajectory of the train's path and it went over a curve and Pop! right into my cat's eye. Had to take her to the vet. Now she wears a patch. Oh, where are my manners? I'm Herman everybody. My friends call me Herm...well people call me Herm. Might say I don't have many friends. Unless cats are friends? Or librarians! But, please don't call me Nerdman. It hurts my feelings.

Why, never sir. I shall call you whatever you prefer.

Anyone want to watch a karate movie? :classic: Preferable something with Charlie Chan in it.. Jim could you please put one on? I love those movies... :wub: [/color]

Why of course, anything for a fellow staff member. :sweet:

Hello all! My name is Austin Parker Jr, you may have heard of my father the oil tycoon?

Anyway, sorry to banter so late, I must admit I got all caught up in the beauty of this train!

Thankyou very much sir! I appreciate the welcome, may I ask your name?

Welcome, Mr. Parker. The name's Jim Butcher, of course, although I think we already met, in that one place called "Discussion Thread". :tongue::wink:

ching ching fellas. Let's toast to new found friendship. Scotch all round Jim, this rounds on Austin Jr.

Of course, mister Bulldog.

While the passengers and crew eat waffles, drink beer, and peek over Mark William's Dungeon Master's screen taking turns fudging the d96 to numbers above 80, Captain Conductor Max reminds Jim that it's time for orientation. (voice from above says... Jim, come one... the passengers are taking advantage of the open bar).

EDIT: (plus, at this rate, we won't have any more Leggos in the morning).

*Looks up* Yes, sir, very sorry sir, I was just delivering the passengers' luggage to their cabins.

So, yes, orientation. Allow me to first introduce you to the staff, properly. I'm Jim Butcher, your steward today, and this is Grant Buell, the brakeman. Over here is Max Syder, your conductor, who will have plenty of time to mingle with everybody thanks to the new Power Functions motor which was installed to the train which basically drives the train itself. Cooking your meals today is Schmelt Borganson, and the maintenance engineer is Steve Thomas. That's all five of us staff members, and seven of you wonderful passengers. It's only the twelve of us today, so I'm afraid I can't say where this Miss Thornton you speak of is.

We will be heading non-stop to Los Angeles on this lovely train. Speaking of which, I should inform you about the train's cars. In front, we have the engine and coal tender, followed by the two passenger cars. We also have crew car, a lounge and observation car, and a luggage and equipment car. I think that's it. We don't have a special bathroom car, so I think that the restrooms are on the end of each passenger car.

Thank you for riding the Emerald Express, and we hope you have a comfortable journey. Remember: please keep all hands, legs, and other appendages and body parts inside the train at all times. Thank you, we hope to see you again.

...Ahem. So, now that we have all passengers aboard, we can head on out. Start it up, Max!

Hey guys im back from the engine,

Hey fellow crewmen *whispers to the crew: Guys I found a knife in the second carraige. :oh3:

Congratulations! I hope you are very happy together! What a happy day!

Oh wait... you didn't say 'wife', did you?

*whispering to crew* If it's a special Wusthof, maybe it's from the kitchen. I don't know why somebody would borrow it without my permission, but on the other hand I haven't noticed anything missing. Perhaps I should take a look?

*whispering to crew* If it's a special Wusthof, maybe it's from the kitchen. I don't know why somebody would borrow it without my permission, but on the other hand I haven't noticed anything missing. Perhaps I should take a look?

Those waffles were great schmelt! :thumbup:

*Whispering to crew: I dont know im not an expert on knives :sceptic: if you take a look im coming with you, it was on the floor of passenger car 2*

Excuse moi, ladies and gentlefolk. I think I hear tonight's rabbit bubbling over. Either that or Mr Richwell has seen another female. I will just be a moment. Dinner will be served shortly.

Dynamic movement: Schmelt and Steve are departing for Passenger Car 2.

*Whispering to crew* Curious... I would keep it quiet, though, we wouldn' want to alarm our passengers, especially at such an early stage of the journey.

Dynamic Movement: I'd like to go with Schmelt and Steve. You guys don't mind, do you?

*Whispering to crew* Curious... I would keep it quiet, though, we wouldn' want to alarm our passengers, especially at such an early stage of the journey.

Dynamic Movement: I'd like to go with Schmelt and Steve. You guys don't mind, do you?

The more the merrier! Come along! I always like to get the crew to taste-test my creation! As long as the train is running smoothly.

*whispering to crew* I agree we should this keep quiet*

The more the merrier! Come along! I always like to get the crew to taste-test my creation! As long as the train is running smoothly.

Because two taste-testers are better then one! :tongue:

*whispering to crew* I agree we should this keep quiet*

I heard that.

Because two taste-testers are better then one! :tongue:

I'd like to dynamically move along with the others and see what's up with the knife... :hmpf_bad:

Dynamic movement: I want to go with the crew members to Passenger Car 2 in order to inspect the knife.

It seems that Mr. Butcher doesn't know the configuration of the train very well. :wacko:

Since you guys are heading over there, might as well follow you all. I am sure we are able to conclude something from it.

Dynamic movement: Brakes is heading with Steve and the rest to the Passenger Car 2.

Why do you all want to see this knife? Is it a butter knife? I'd like to stay away from weapons, personally.

I always get a bad feeling when all the crew are whispering together... :look:

We're all going to die!!! :sing:

Hmmm, I like weapons. Why don't all of us just go through to the next carriage as a group since so many want to go. That might be safer... :alien:

Dynamic Movement: Follow the Chef!

No offence to any of you passengers but I think just the crew should go (Not all of us) because like its just that we dont want everyone coming for something that may or may not be a clue. :sceptic:

Also the fact that it is our train (the crews) and we should have a look AND we will report anything suspicous when we come back, After all it could just be one of Schmelts knives but it got misplaced. :wink:

and this is not some conspiracy by the crew to kill all the passengers. :hmpf:

If I told you there was a car crash in the street, would you all walk into the middle of the road?

For all we know, this is a perfectly innocent knife which may have gone astray from my kitchen, I don't know why I need an entourage to attend to such a matter. You're all like little schoolgirls who won't go to the bathroom without their best friend to hold their hand. Doesn't anyone want to eat my rabbit for dinner?

*mutters*

No offence to any of you passengers but I think just the crew should go (Not all of us) because like its just that we dont want everyone coming for something that may or may not be a clue. :sceptic:

Also the fact that it is our train (the crews) and we should have a look AND we will report anything suspicous when we come back, After all it could just be one of Schmelts knives but it got misplaced. :wink:

and this is not some conspiracy by the crew to kill all the passengers. :hmpf:

I'm going. I want to know more about this knife situation especially since our host didn't show up for the trip so suspiciously. :wacko:

Schmelt, Eleanor and I will go to the bathroom together later... you know because women do that... GOD! MEN! :hmpf_bad:

Schmelt, Eleanor and I will go to the bathroom together later... you know because women do that... GOD! MEN! :hmpf_bad:

I was actually thinking it more likely that this collection of male nerds and losers esteemed millionaires and honoured guests would demonstrate this behavioural clinginess; please don't take offence.

Ok, as your conductor, I'm making an executive decision. Only (and that's final because you didn't even hear the whisper to the crew) our staff may go, as I have a few announcements of the history of the train that I wish to make, and I won't let you miss them. :tongue:

But before that, who's up for a game of Aussie Hold-em?