WesternOutlaw

Fort Legoredo Photo Review Part I

indexed.gif

Wild West, Fort Legoredo Set 6769, 668 pieces. Original Price: $89.99 U.S. Dollars.

Part 1

Fort Legoredo consists of four structures held together by four 1x2 brown log bricks. The front has two large black doors that can be locked from the inside. These doors provide enough width for the Weapons Wagon (sold separately) to come and go - 8 studs width. The Fort Legoredo sign, Headquarters sign, and large flag all have stickers which surprisingly have held up well since I bought this set new (not the re-release). The smaller flags do not use stickers. The red 6x8 tower plates lift up to allow top entry to the towers.

The front:

front3.jpg

The backside of the front section:

frontback.jpg

The left side of the fort also provides entry through another set of large black doors. This section is rather nice with wall pieces combined with rock/mountain section. A 6x6 wide tower stands on the top of the rock structure.

left1.jpg

Hidden under a bush and a 2x3 grey brick is a place to hide gold:

hiddengold.jpg

Left Backside:

leftback.jpg

The right side of the fort is the most plain consisting mainly of 4 large brown wall pieces connected by various 1x2 and 1x4 brown log bricks.

rightfront.jpg

Right Backside:

rightback.jpg

The back section (or) Headquarters of the fort offers the most fun. It contains two brown-framed windows with blue panes and grey shutters, a grey door, fireplace section, jail, and a set of smaller black doors.

backfront.jpg

The backside remains open to allow one to place two figs in red chairs next to a swivelling card table.

backback.jpg

continued...

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

This is a wonderful review! These are great pictures and finally I get to see the finer details of the fort.

But I also wrote this in another thread in your statement that people live like this in some parts of the USA:

Yeah, but I think you're missing the point. The Town and Train Forum is for modern themes, while the Castle & Pirate Forum is for historic themes. People may live like this in some parts of Northern America but thats not how the majority of people live.

Correct me if I'm wrong there aren't still operational forts like Legorado Fortressin the USA, and this particular set was set in the past. Furthermore we're getting a collection of Wild West threads in here [the Castle & Pirate forum] so it seems illogical to place one in Town and Train Forum, especially for the above reasons.

However, I'll leave the threads here for the time being so as not to upset you by moving them.

Thanks Phes. I'm just getting hung up on the title. If that's the intent of the Castle & Pirate Forum, no problem. I'll post there in the future; and if you want to move these, that's fine.

The Castle and Pirate Forum probably should be called The History Theme Forum...

Thanks for taking the time to do these photo reviews. They're really helpful!

A nice review, but the part 2 link in the review index re-directs me to the frontpage.

-Santhor

I remember this set. It was right next to the Army Men. Sadly I opted for the Army Men. :cry_sad: I'm still kicking myself for that one.

This is one of my favorite sets of all time. The design is great, and the American troops uniforms from this theme are, in my opinion, really nice looking. I would love to see Lego have a second go at this theme like they did with the Pirates. There is a lot that can still be done. I don't think it will happen unfortunately though.

With the collectible minifigures seeming to presage some new themes (Aliens, then Alien Conquest; and the Mummy and then Pharoah's Quest) the release of a few Western style minifigures might be a promising design...or it could amount to nothing. Who knows? It does make for some intriguing speculation though.

This was truly a blast from the past, thank you for the great review. I think Lego licensing lines take up the production space for Wild West, but yes, I hope they give us a retro Creator set for Wild West soon, something as Epic as the Imperial Flagship is to the Classic Pirates Theme. Which if you want one, I suggest you grab it now, I think it is about to be discontinued.

It's been 5+ years since I did this review - in fact it was one of my firsts. It's great to see that interest in the WW theme is still alive and well. :classic:

It's been 5+ years since I did this review - in fact it was one of my firsts. It's great to see that interest in the WW theme is still alive and well. :classic:

Hi,

Thanks for a great review! It's the main cause for med buying this set.

I've been looking for the second part of the review, but can't seem to find it... Can you help?

Sincerely yours

Espen D

Hi,

Thanks for a great review! It's the main cause for med buying this set.

I've been looking for the second part of the review, but can't seem to find it... Can you help?

Sincerely yours

Espen D