Vimes

Some MOCs (starships & stuff) - pic heavy!

indexed.gif

Hi!

I wanted to build some random ships for a spaceport or hangar scene somewhere in the galaxy. I planned to create two or three non-iconic freighter-type ships, but ended with two starfighters and only one freighter (I need more spare parts). Anyway, here are the results (comments & tips are welcome :classic: ):

First the heavier starfighter, the Corellian Banshee, with a crew of three bounty hunters:

warfairy04b.jpg

Somewhat bulky but heavily armed (with a quad-laser- and ion cannon)

warfairy02c.jpg

Front

warfairy08b.jpg

warfairy03b.jpg

Side

warfairy02b.jpg

Rear

warfairy03c.jpg

I like roomy cockpits with lots of space to stash equipment (well, weapons in case of these bounty hunters).

Empty cockpit

warfairy07b.jpg

Now the whole crew is on board, ready to hunt the scum of the galaxy!

warfairy06b.jpg

Crew shot!

warfairy09b.jpg

Second I build the light freighter, SoroSuub 3X-Vassal, a smuggler ship:

light_freighter02b.jpg

light_freighter08b.jpg

light_freighter01b.jpg

Front (with extended landing gear)

light_freighter04b.jpg

light_freighter03b.jpg

Side

light_freighter06b.jpg

Back

light_freighter07b.jpg

Cockpit

light_freighter09b.jpg

Cargo hold (look, coloured random barrels!)

light_freighter11.jpg

Engine room

light_freighter12b.jpg

The engineer on duty

light_freighter13b.jpg

Crew shot

light_freighter14b.jpg

For the third ship I had some small mean pirate attack fighter in mind.

Here is the Parasite:

pirate_02b.jpg

The basic design is nothing new, but that red hemisphere has the evil look I wanted.

Front

pirate_03b.jpg

Side

pirate_04b.jpg

Open cockpit

pirate_06b.jpg

pirate_08b.jpg

pirate_07b.jpg

Crew shot

pirate_09b.jpg

So, after building three starships I needed to do something other...

Stormtrooper Dave was sleeping and again that recurring nightmare plagued his dreams.

Inspection day on the Death Star and he forgot something important...

stormtroopers_nightmare_b.jpg

Thanks for the interest! :classic:

Vimes

Edited by KimT

I love the first two spacecrafts. First, you don't use any special technique to make them appear good. Second, I like the way you did they asymmetrical but without been to much.

On the second one, I like if the rooms are connected. But the exterior are amazing!

Congratulations and I will be interested in your next works! :thumbup:

ps. I think that they deserve better pics :)

Great MOC´s - I´m impressed!

But what made me really lough was the inspection day. :laugh:

Thanks for making my day! :thumbup:

Great mocs, with lots of details :thumbup:

The "Inspection" was a really great "extra" to it.

Just got one small thing.

Try to build a stand of some kind to the first ship.

Or does it land on it´s belly all the time?

-Ras-

These are great, Vimes! :thumbup:

All three ships look very detailed with lots of greebling. I prefer the first two rather than the last one. The orange cockpit doesn't fit the ship very well, in my opinion. I know you were trying to make it seem evil, but I don't think that was the way to do it. :classic:

I love the cockpit on the SoroSuub 3X-Vassel! I've never seen the 'glass' pieces used that way before and the two-seater cockpit is a good idea. It reminds of the cockpit of the Twilight. :tongue: The cargo area is good as well.

The Corellian Banshee looks the sleakest and best-designed, I think. I'm not a big fan of asymmetrical ships, but it doesn't look too bad here.

Well done! :wink:

wow these are great! :thumbup: these starships look like they just flew out of the starwars universe. i like the freighter the best, but the first fighter is really good looking! :classic:

WOW!!! :wub: you're amazing! I think I'll just have to put you at my #2 slot for favorite MOCers. (behind Rook of course :grin: )

BTW, your second ship was my favorite. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

I appreciate every piece of advice.

The pic quality is the best I managed to get out of my prehistoric digital cam in conjunction with my amateur photo skills. Maybe I could use some more neutral backgrounds (without that bluish stuff).

I'll try to build a connection between the three rooms within the freighter (I need to rearrange mostly some things in the engine area), maybe an opening just big enough for a minifig to pass through, but I need to keep the stability of the whole MOC in mind. The freighter was build in three seperate sections that were connected after completion with technic pins and some tiles.

I'll see what I can do. :classic:

For the landing space of the Banshee I simply used four rounded bottom dishes under the central underside, so, yes, the starfighter lands on its "belly". :)

I used some retractable landing gear during the first building process, but was unsatisfied with the result. The ship stands pretty stable on its center, so the round dishes replace other possible landing gear (many StarWars Sets have vehicle that use the dishes like that).

Well, the last fighter was build out of spare parts out of my first spare parts (as I said, I need more parts). After using the equivalent of both Wookie sets and two B-Wing sets for the creation of the first two MOCs, there wasn't much left, but, yes, the orange hemisphere was a change of style. Maybe I'll rework the whole thing.

Again, thanks for the feedback (every opinion is welcome).

Thanks for the interest!

Jees! The first one is absolutely spectacular! I don't love the second one, a little too square in the front, but still great from birds-eye view! The last is very cool too, though I really dis like the neon orange.

Poor Stormtrooper Dave... :tongue:

WOW!!!! Those MOCs are great :thumbup: . I really love the first two but the third looks somewhat too "thin" in the wing are but it is still pretty good. My personal favorite is the first one because of all the detail you manage to put on it but my favorite DETAIL is how you use that "cockpit" pieces to make the cockpit of the second one, great idea and it is the best cockpit I have ever seen (Or at least from the "glass" point of view :tongue: ).

Those ships are amazing! Please make more! :sweet: Sorry all of you Corellian Banshee fans, but the second freighter ship just totally dominates. It just has this smuggler feel about it, especially the cockpit. The brown color and greebling finish it off. Great work! On the other hand, last ship is great, except for the orange cockpit. It kind of takes away from that light, little fighter image. Maybe a darker color would be better? Other than that, all three ships look just fine. Again I commend your good work here and, "May the Force be with you."

I really like the way you built these splendid ships. They all have a really diverse build. I love all of the obscure parts, and the printed ones for that matter. Great work! :thumbup:

I wanted to congratulate you on a job well done! I think all of these ships are impressive, however, I must admit that the first two ships are by far my favorite!

I like how the first fighter is reminiscent of the Seperatist Landing Craft! It looks really great, and the only suggestion I would make has already been stated: pilots of such a fine craft deserve to have landing gear, to keep the ship in as prime condition as possible! Maybe go with a design using the pieces from the new Clone Battle packs (the leg pieces). They can be folded up and hidden when you don't need them, they are grey so they will work with the overall color scheme, and would help it balance a little more!

I also really love the Freighter! I love the coloring and I love it's overall design. I really don't have any suggestions for this work, as it is just a wonderful MOC! Great work!

The third ship - In my opinion it doesn't quite reach the same levels as the other two ships, but, as you mentioned this was out of spare parts it was done really well! It looks fine as it is, but I would suggest getting a few more pieces in the color scheme, or add another color to the design and bring to it the wonderful design that you had in the first two MOC's!

Again, great work! I loved seeing the ships!

Edited by GoN2Broadway

these are all 12/10 IMO. very detailed :thumbup: i also like the last pic :classic:

Vime, these ships are amazing! The detail on the ships are great and you have some nice shots of them. It looks like to me that you basically took apart a bunch of old star wars sets and made some amazing ship because I can see some of the minifigs are old.

Great job!

LegoKing