Sign in to follow this  
Captain Cavinano

飛鴉 Flying Crow (work in progress) 2

Thats pretty cool. Quite a different technique than we are normally used to on this forum. Thanks for posting this!

What technique?

Because its not a normal ship of the line or pirate ship, you used different methods to achieve your look. Thats all Im saying.

Very original to build a chinese yonk, they are quite rare on this forum. Indeed an interesting building technique. I do think you should build the masts out of lego too, but on the other way, the masts look very chinese now, and maybe they don''t look very chinese anymore if you build them out of lego. Maybe you should also make the sails more sail-like, these colours on the sails don't look very real :pir-classic: Ofcourse, the ship is not finished yet, so you can still adjust some things. You're doing a great job, good luck with it and keep up the good work!

Very original to build a chinese yonk, they are quite rare on this forum. Indeed an interesting building technique. I do think you should build the masts out of lego too, but on the other way, the masts look very chinese now, and maybe they don''t look very chinese anymore if you build them out of lego. Maybe you should also make the sails more sail-like, these colours on the sails don't look very real :pir-classic: Ofcourse, the ship is not finished yet, so you can still adjust some things. You're doing a great job, good luck with it and keep up the good work!

Nothing more to say, but I have my doubts about the large cannons on deck. They aren't that realistic in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the result!