Dr. Steve

Any Idea When the Next Pirate Sets will be announced?

I really like this current Pirate theme. I missed out on the original line, and I am making up for it now. I really hope to see some new natives or islanders in this line with the new skin dark skin tones. Death to Peaches! On a side note, am I the only one who HATES the blunderbuss-style muskets and pistols? I really wish that TLC would make some flintock muskets and pistols with the blunderbuss part removed, and longer barrels. That would be a great asset to Revolutionary War, Napoleonic Era MOCers. I usually use a pair of stout scissors to cut the flaired part off the barrel, and then use superglue to attach a piece of matching color lightsaber handle on the end. It wors pretty well when I manage to fit the end together straight and evenly, but I oftern have trouble with that. I also have problems with excess glue drying on the piece and making it look bad.

I just hope we get some new Bluecoats!

I'm hoping they do baddies for Pirates the same way they've done baddies in Castle - a year of one bad guy [skellies/Redcoats], a second year of another bad guy [Orcs/Bluecoats], and then they mix it up from there on. Although I'd want a third one-baddie year, with Islanders too.

I hope we get (dark) green coats.

I second that! :thumbup:

That would be awesome! + something new that TLG hasn't done before.

Red and blue are so boring colours... :pir-tongue:

I just hope they announce that modular building before any info on 2010 sets is released! *huh*:hmpf_bad:

I also hope they'll release a Imperial ship as the big set - I hope for it to be my first new Pirate set.

(I opted out of buying BrickBeards Bounty because I knew the Imperial ship would look better :wink:)

lego battles is coming out soon and i no it features some islanders and alot more new series pirates than older ones. no old style red coats. perhaps this is a hint that islanders will be the big 2010 pirates theme? of course the space portion of lego battles features older robots and such(so maybe the islanders are not a new thing). idk. im just hoping to build up my red coat army and hope for the blue coats:) :kahuka:

What the heck does the color of the coats of the Imperial Soldiers has to do with anything? That doesn't change what they are: Imperial Soldiers.

Besides, while the new soldiers have red coats, the new admiral has a dark blue coat. That doesn't mean he magically belongs to another faction, does it? :tongue:

I'm not saying you can't wish for whatever you want from the new sets, but please, the color of the coats is like the least important factor in them.

What the heck does the color of the coats of the Imperial Soldiers has to do with anything? That doesn't change what they are: Imperial Soldiers.

Besides, while the new soldiers have red coats, the new admiral has a dark blue coat. That doesn't mean he magically belongs to another faction, does it? :tongue:

I'm not saying you can't wish for whatever you want from the new sets, but please, the color of the coats is like the least important factor in them.

Come on, Sandy! I know you wrote in the Army Building topic that you liked diversity between your minifigs and this is the same :pir-wink: The colour of the uniforms is really important if you want to have different factions. They don't have to be all Imperials if you don't want to, many uses them as British and French soldiers and with lots of different uniforms you can have more diversity in your armies. So I say the colour is crucial! :pir-grin:

Somewhere a small imperial bluecoat fairy just died! :pir_bawling:

Come on, Sandy! I know you wrote in the Army Building topic that you liked diversity between your minifigs and this is the same :pir-wink: The colour of the uniforms is really important if you want to have different factions. They don't have to be all Imperials if you don't want to, many uses them as British and French soldiers and with lots of different uniforms you can have more diversity in your armies. So I say the colour is crucial! :pir-grin:

I do love diversity, but you guys are all like "Red coats are icky, I want blue coats!" :tongue:

Or are you all just little boys who think red is for girls and blue is for boys? It sounds like it, to me. :laugh:

I like having several types of soldiers...New blue coats would be great. I really like the thought of having some green coats!

I do love diversity, but you guys are all like "Red coats are icky, I want blue coats!" :tongue:

Or are you all just little boys who think red is for girls and blue is for boys? It sounds like it, to me. :laugh:

That is true.

Lego can never satisfy us...

First we wanted Pirates back! Now people say there to Cartoonish. Then they loved the new Soldiers, But now they want even more! Tut, Tut, Tut... :pir-wink:

It does to me lady. Maybe you don't know it, but coat color is a very touchy and often fought about topic on this forum. In my port, the blue coats are the good guys, and the red coats are the bad guys. As a kid, I always saw them as Americans vs British. Some see them as French vs British.

Anyway you slice it, the "coat" issue is a hot one.

It does to me lady. Maybe you don't know it, but coat color is a very touchy and often fought about topic on this forum. In my port, the blue coats are the good guys, and the red coats are the bad guys. As a kid, I always saw them as Americans vs British. Some see them as French vs British.

Same for me....I wonder why most people use blue coats as good and red as evil? That might be worth a poll.

Maybe this doesn't mean anything, but I picked up a brochure for Legoland Schaumburg while I was downtown last week, and they have "Pirates", along with a picture of the new pirate captain (whose name I've forgotten), stamped across "Summer" on the brochure's miniature calander of events. Maybe it's just some kind of "celebration month", but it seems to me that it would be a prime time for them to showcase a new set or two.

Could be nothing, of course.

((edit: corrected a misstatement on my part))

Edited by The Daphne Blue Strat

In my pirate world, the pirates themselves are the good guys ( after all, the theme is named after THEM), the red coats are the (British) bad guys, and the blue coats are the reds' (French, and drastically understaffed) rivals. The two latter groups fight to bring in Brickbeard and Ironhook ( I never got a single Redbeard), the two most feared pirates in Lego-Pirate-World. Since I only have one blue coat set (that's why they're so understaffed), I REALLY hope they come back.

I think they'll be announced at the same time like last year - meaning between end of July and middle of August.

Anyway I don't think that there'll be that many sets like this year:

very supposably a ship for the soldiers, perhaps a bigger treasure island, perhaps an additional building to this year's harbor/fort and perhaps some sort of Pirates minifigure collection (like in former times) with two pirates, two soldiers, a parrot, a monkey, a shovel, some weappons, a treasure box and some gold pieces.

In principle I don't care since I don't collect any Pirates sets and so will even not buy these. But the new Pirates sets look simply that :wub: that I'm very excited what TLG will release next year!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Why do americans portray the british as evil? I mean, i'm canadian, and you invaded us in 1812. And we never call you evil. Sorry i'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just stayting something that bugs me

Why do americans portray the british as evil? I mean, i'm canadian, and you invaded us in 1812. And we never call you evil. Sorry i'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just stayting something that bugs me

The reason America invaded Canada was because there was a number of British troops stationed there.

No. first of all, canada was british. secondly, America claims the reason they invaded was to get back at england for impresing american sailors. but the truth is that america was looking for an excuse to expand their borders.

I would also like blue coats but not until the red coats have been satisfied, they don't even have a ship yet! The Blue coats can wait until 2011 for me. I just hope the new sets will be out by christmas and include a port town with civilians.

Hey, please don't lump us Americans into one group. For the most part Americans think of the British and our northern neighbors as Allies and Friends. I believe that for the Lego end of it, the "Red Coats", "Blue Coats" and others are 'Enemies' of the pirates. Caribbean Pirates as portrayed today is 99% fanasy and have little to do with 'real' counterparts.

I think Americans often have a bit of identity crisis when it comes to Caribbean Pirates, because we (Americans) were not really around at the height of the Caribean Pirate days. Its easier for us to grab on to the modern fanasy view of Caribbean Pirates that true to life groups that existed in the haydays.

If you think about it, its kind-of sick for our kids to play with pirates and pirate ships. I mean 250 years from now will Lego offer a set like:

13765 - Al Qaeda Training Camp

-Lord Vokk

Oh, well. Don't worry, claduis. We Canadians got our vengeance, after all. :pir-wink: