On a scale of 1 to 5  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Great review of a more than great set, I just got it few days ago as a present from my wife, and if I don't count my bricklink parties, this appeared to be the first set I've got since Fright Knights.

We got some of the best minfigs ever released, even if some of them don't make that much sense in this kind of set! Jester is my completely favorite one, you can easily fit him in any classic set, beautiful, simple and colorful. Golden knight shows beauty of new style design at it's best, as well as Queen does. Call me spoiled over requesting one more minfig here, but I'd like this generic soldier as a pair.

Building itself would look better in old colors, but that's a small objection.

Really good set!

Greetings from Serbia

This set sold out online like crazy! I'm definitely getting it for the minifigs. The gold knight is awesome. I love the queen's annoyed looking expression it is hilarious! I laughed when someone used it in a small moc as a woman opening to door at night looking annoyed. :tongue:

And the Jester is awesome and his poor sad tearful heartfelt expression makes you say, "awe what's the matter little guy?" Has that face ever been seen before?

I just built this today - paid for partially as a birthday gift from my wife and part from my saved cash. I love it! I can't get enough of the dark blue, dark green, and wood brown. This is just begging me to MOC it into an improved 6080 King's Castle. Sometime take a very close look at the queen's dress. Beautiful pattern, metallic gold accents... it's simply stunning.

One comment about the drawbridge lift mechanism: I initially thought TLG messed up the instructions, as when I turned the winch clockwise to raise the bridge I had to keep the technic lock lifted, and the bridge fell down too easily. I thought to move the lock to the other side, which fixed the problems. Then I went back to the instructions. There I saw the indication to turn the winch counter-clockwise, which wraps the chains under the beam, allowing one-handed winding and perfect locking. They were right all along. :blush:

Now my only (minor) complaint is that the drawbridge is too light to fall down unassisted, after being raised all the way.