Captain Blackmoor

Le Fourageux, French third-rate ship of the line, minifig scale!

I actually have to disagree. They currently look way to big, although I think it has something to do with the angle. The catheads were on a 45 degree angle to the front of the ship.

Yes you're right, I more meant that the design was rather nice (though some yellow would make it even better). The angle isn't yet perfect indeed.

Anyway, it will be changed so it will be allright.

Holy Mother in heaven, what an amazing ship :pir-wub:

All the details you're including to this ship, it all just looks fantastic and just like the real thing. This one of the best every made on this scale. I'll for sure pass by this thread more often hoping for an update.

The time for a well deserved MOC expert tag has come!

Yes you're right, I more meant that the design was rather nice (though some yellow would make it even better). The angle isn't yet perfect indeed.

Anyway, it will be changed so it will be allright.

Ah, well like you said, only preliminary. I look forward to the final result.

(BTW, catheads are catheads because the ropes of the anchor often came out of the mouth of a lion or other cat on the end of the beam. Would you be able to do anything with this on your larger-than-usual scale?

Congrats Henk! :pir-sweet:

Your doing an awesome job on this buddy! I love the stern so much :pir-wub:

Couldn't agree more!

This is impressive!!!

If the whole structure is made, this ship must be the perfect MOC!

Now I do love this work as well, awesome!!

Where to begin? The stern section looks great! I especially like those fire buckets.

As for the bow, :thumbup:

Those headrails look amazing, I might have to experiment with something similar in the (very) far away future.

However, if possible I think that lowering the lowest headrail a bit so it becomes visible from every angle would make your bow almost perfect.

Just a suggestion though since they already look amazing as they are now.

How long (in studs if possible) will Le Fourageux become? Because she seems big for the minifig illusion scale but small for actual minifig scale.

Could be the pictures are giving me the wrong impression though.

Keep up the good work Captain :pir-wink:

That....is....-amazing job mate :pir-oh: i liked the back cabin and the stern they are both creat, and those 68 guns how did you do them?i loved also that tiled hull, how did you do that too? :pir_laugh2:

i keep checking this for updages you`re doing great mate, keep it up

Captain becker

I absolutely love this!! the bow section absolutely blew me away. Making headrails like that must me very time consuming.

Too bad shes a frenchie... :pir_laugh2:

WOW! just WOW! :cannon:

THAT IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, how many cannons is in this project?

and did you consider a balcony at the stern?

great looking ship that is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We're going to steal the ship?"

"Commandeer. We are going to commandeer that ship"

Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, in potc 1

Holy Mother in heaven, what an amazing ship :pir-wub:

All the details you're including to this ship, it all just looks fantastic and just like the real thing. This one of the best every made on this scale. I'll for sure pass by this thread more often hoping for an update.

Thank you very much Bonaparte! I'm proud you like it. :pir-sweet:

Ah, well like you said, only preliminary. I look forward to the final result.

(BTW, catheads are catheads because the ropes of the anchor often came out of the mouth of a lion or other cat on the end of the beam. Would you be able to do anything with this on your larger-than-usual scale?

Congrats Henk! :pir-sweet:

This ship is going to have several functional systems.

- A working rudder, connected with ropes to the steering wheel.

- A rope system to shove the cannons out of the gunports one by one.

- Functional anchor system

- Something very special for the rigging, more on that later. :pir-wink:

Thank you very much Captain! :pir-sweet:

Where to begin? The stern section looks great! I especially like those fire buckets.

As for the bow, :thumbup:

Those headrails look amazing, I might have to experiment with something similar in the (very) far away future.

However, if possible I think that lowering the lowest headrail a bit so it becomes visible from every angle would make your bow almost perfect.

Just a suggestion though since they already look amazing as they are now.

How long (in studs if possible) will Le Fourageux become? Because she seems big for the minifig illusion scale but small for actual minifig scale.

Could be the pictures are giving me the wrong impression though.

Keep up the good work Captain :pir-wink:

Thanks for your kind words Errorist!

In the past days Le Fourageux has reached her full size: Exactly 140 studs long from the figurehead to the lanterns at the back, and about 30 studs wide.

It is between minifig scale (although very close to) and minifig illusion scale.

That....is....-amazing job mate :pir-oh: i liked the back cabin and the stern they are both creat, and those 68 guns how did you do them?i loved also that tiled hull, how did you do that too? :pir_laugh2:

i keep checking this for updages you`re doing great mate, keep it up

Captain becker

Thanks Captain! The 68 pounder carronade is just a common cannon, but with a cut off barrel. Nicely polished so it just looks like a real LEGO brick without modification. :pir-classic:

The tiled hull is very similar to Captain Greenhair's Prince Willem, although a bit smaller and in black.

I have used a lot of jumper plates, 1x1 tiles and even more black plates in all sizes.

I absolutely love this!! the bow section absolutely blew me away. Making headrails like that must me very time consuming.

Too bad shes a frenchie... :pir_laugh2:

Haha, yes I have spend some good time on the headrails, and I'm glad the result pays off. There is a lot of pressure on the forecastle though.

Thanks for all the feedback! :pir-cry_happy:

In the past days Le Fourageux has reached her full size: Exactly 140 studs long from the figurehead to the lanterns at the back, and about 30 studs wide.

Good to hear!

140 Studs? I haven't counted but that seems shorter than expected! Especially with full sized Cannon ports!

I love the features and playability of the ship, I remember seeing that Anchor system, Can't wait for a Video Demonstration!

Rope system for the cannons? Sweet! Its gotta be hard to play with though, Since it is connected to the roof right?

Can't wait to see it finished! (P.S. Come online!)

This ship is going to have several functional systems.

- A working rudder, connected with ropes to the steering wheel.

- Something very special for the rigging, more on that later.

Sounds good

I've been working on a prototype for a steering rig lately, though it's rather tough for me since the rudder isn't even done :imperialguard_commander1: Though it works really well! The only thing I need to do is make it shorter and it'll be perfect!

Here's the prototype:

img_4471.gif

And here's a shot of the 'mechanism':

img_4472.gif

I could easily make it only one stud high, just by using 1x1 round bricks. You can see more when I get around to that area on the Beagle :pir-classic: (I guess I might want to post instructions later on too, but I'm still working on the hull, so there's no need for me to get ahead of myself)

Anyway, the rope system to shove cannons in and out of ports sounds rather complicated, any pics?

I'm also itching to know what that VERY SPECIAL RIGGING is...

:pir_yoda:

You are disguisting Armendariz. :pir-tongue:

@ Green Avenger: Your rudder system looks almost exactly the same as the idea I had in mind! Nice work. :thumbup:

I try to have the rudder system finished next week.

Im guessing its the hair from his back.... :pir-tongue:

Something to do with sea turtles or something... :pir_laugh2:

@ Green Avenger: Your rudder system looks almost exactly the same as the idea I had in mind! Nice work. :thumbup:

I try to have the rudder system finished next week.

What our good Blackmoor failed to mention is that the rudder system will be just as modular as the rest of the ship! But not my creation, I'll let you feast on Blackmoor's existing genious before he reveals any more of it. :pir-wink:

Hi all. :pir-classic:

It's been a while since I've received a huge package. Filled with the nice stuff. :pir-blush:

So after that I've been rather busy, and here is the result so far.

Update 10, and including the bowsprit the ship is like 10 feet tall. :pir-grin:

Enjoy.

4489833612_ed6ec0ac50_o.jpg

As you see the broadside is near her completion, after that it is an easy job to copy it to the other side. :pir-classic:

The Alceste has undergone an update as well, less gunports (from 7 to 5) to fit within the Fourageux' scale, which is somewhere between minifig scale and Bonaparte and CGH's minifig illusion scale.

4489188347_be0191d1f9_o.jpg

I have made a small lFrench flag as decoration between the bananas, it adds a lot of detail and colour variation to the stern.

4489188947_92a6c76091_o.jpg

The grates on the upper gundeck, made from several houndred headlight bricks. :pir-tongue:

The credit for the grates design goes to Perfectionist, a great design!

Looks quite realistic, perhaps I should try them in Reddish Brown?

4489189035_a3c6e2d82f_o.jpg

The bell, I'm truely in love with Chrome Silver! :pir-wub:

4489833234_6b628c209e_o.jpg

A size comparison between the Alceste and the Fourageux.

Now I head back to building, there is a lot to do!

Thanks for watching, and there is always more on my Flickr page.

Good day. :pir-wink:

Every single time I visit this thread I end up without breath!

Amazing! I wonder what the 6th stage will look like, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing :thumbup: !

Awesome! I think I have to visit you again soon, I just have to see this in real!

I had already seen some pictures, but no details yet. The French flag and chrome silver bell are indeed very nice :thumbup:

The grates on the upper gundeck, made from several houndred headlight bricks. :pir-tongue:

Looks quite realistic, perhaps I should try them in Reddish Brown?

There's quite a lot of brown already, so I'd keep them black. But maybe in 'real life' brown looks better..

That image on flickr with all the open gunports is really impressive, keep up the good work captain!

Same here, i have no words for this, i love that tiny french flag between those bananas :pir-laugh: great and fun idea. Keep on building, im waiting for the next updage :pir-classic:

Captain Becker

Wow, just wow. Everything is looking beautiful, and I really and truly whole-heartedly love massive ships. Beautifully done mate, beautifully done. :thumbup:

All that time last night, Loading your 7000kb Zip and you post it the next day? You waste my time! :pir_laugh2:

No but its good mate. Much much shorter than expected, But its good!

Edited by Joey Lock

Amazing! I wonder what the 6th stage will look like, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing :thumbup: !

Thank you Admiral! :pir-classic:

Awesome! I think I have to visit you again soon, I just have to see this in real!

I had already seen some pictures, but no details yet. The French flag and chrome silver bell are indeed very nice :thumbup:

There's quite a lot of brown already, so I'd keep them black. But maybe in 'real life' brown looks better..

That image on flickr with all the open gunports is really impressive, keep up the good work captain!

Thanks Croissant! I think I keep them in black yes, I just experimented with brown grates but it makes it quite monotone.

We have to meet up again soon!

Same here, i have no words for this, i love that tiny french flag between those bananas :pir-laugh: great and fun idea. Keep on building, im waiting for the next updage :pir-classic:

Captain Becker

Thank you Captain Becker! Another update is coming soon, and I hope to have the hull finished, including interior. :pir-classic:

Beautiful work, I can't wait to see the finished product,

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Wow, just wow. Everything is looking beautiful, and I really and truly whole-heartedly love massive ships. Beautifully done mate, beautifully done. :thumbup:

Thank you very much Fires-storm! :thumbup:

All that time last night, Loading your 7000kb Zip and you post it the next day? You waste my time! :pir_laugh2:

No but its good mate. Much much shorter than expected, But its good!

Haha true. :pir-laugh: I can only hope you didn't had anything better to do that night.

She has her 44 guns, and adding another section (I tried) makes her too long concerning her width. If I add another section I have to make the stern and decks even wider.

All what is left on the starboard broadside is to make things more stable. Work for monday! :pir-sweet:

Thanks Joey. :pir-classic:

It's comming along nice!!! It will be a truly amazing ship when its done!!! Bet she will deliver a hell of a broadside!

:jollyroger: