Captain Blackmoor

Le Fourageux, French third-rate ship of the line, minifig scale!

Thank you for your very useful advices Errorist! I'm planning to make toilets in the galleries with a small wall between the galleries and the actual cabin. I've seen some movies and I saw what you meant.

I'm still worried about using 7 or 8 midsections, I think I will order 8 so I can always remove one. The ship isn't going to be in the same building style as the HMS Prince of Wales and the Mort Royal, mines will be slightly more minifig accurate so it will be larger.

Wow, the lantern design is great! :thumbup:

As for the carronade i think the barrel is somewhat small, if you want a more accurate scale you might consider beefing them up.

I still think 7 midsections is the maximum for prefab hulls, if you want to go bigger then the Wales i'd make her brickbuild. Also be carefull when you make it more minifig accurate that you don't go too high.

I wish you all the best with the project Cap'n!

What does you parrot think of all this? :pir-laugh:

Your accessories look very nice, I might have to steal some of those sometime.

Oh, and I like the wavy flag best. :thumbup: Are your flags paper or cloth?

Edited by Houndblower

What does you parrot think of all this? :pir-laugh:

Your accessories look very nice, I might have to steal some of those sometime.

Oh, and I like the wavy flag best. :thumbup: Are your flags paper or cloth?

My latern design was going to be slightly like yours, Just smaller.

If Blue Coats are at war, then I am ready. :pir-skull:

Your help is always appreciated! :thumbup:

Nice update. I love the little 9 pounder or cannonade...the light and the bell. I'd have to say I like the top flag better. Really nice job...now if the Bluecoats could only build a ship that didn't roll over when they fired the first broadside they'd be in business :laugh:

Thanks! I also like the top flag better, that's also the new one :pir-wink:

Oh and I think we bluecoats can design and build very good ships! You will experience that soon enough. :pir-skull:

Wow, the lantern design is great! :thumbup:

As for the carronade i think the barrel is somewhat small, if you want a more accurate scale you might consider beefing them up.

I still think 7 midsections is the maximum for prefab hulls, if you want to go bigger then the Wales i'd make her brickbuild. Also be carefull when you make it more minifig accurate that you don't go too high.

I wish you all the best with the project Cap'n!

Thanks Captain!

I agree the carronade is a bit small, good idea to make it larger. I think I will order 8 midsections so I can try something out. And it this stage of the build it's never too late to remove one. And I have a spare bow and stern hull section so perhaps I can make a small ship extra using the 8th midsection.

I have known how your ship is getting too high with the Le Formidable :pir-grin: . Since that project (almost finished) I've gained a lot of experience so the mistakes from then won't be here now.

With minifig accuracy I mean more distance between the gunports (3-4 studs instead of 2). Slightly higher gundecks so I can add minifigs, cannons and furniture in there, and also the captain and admiral cabin will have an interior.

The ship will be modular so I can easily take it apart to transport it and repairing it from the inside.

She will be roughly based on this ship model, although the coloursheme will be a bit different.

3rdratemow1.jpg

Very promising! I like the bell very much, though it needs a roof indeed, but for the rest it looks very great. The lamp is also great but I'm not sure about the yellow colour, it's only yellow in the night, otherwise it doesn't have a colour. But that's not a very big point, I think it will look great on a ship. Then the caronnade.. well, you know how I think about it, I think there has to be a better way to make them, but these ones will do as well, but it's not very clear that it's a caronnnade. And what ship is it on the picture? HMS Victory in the first stage? or maybe HMS Royal Sovereign, or you don't know? :pir_laugh2: Would be great if it will look that way, good luck on this project!

Bring it on... you have no chance against my superior naval battle skills! :pir-skull:

Are you planning to build a ship too? The more ships on this forum the better! :pir-blush:

Bring it on... you have no chance against my superior naval battle skills! :pir-skull:

Are you planning to build a ship too? The more ships on this forum the better! :pir-blush:

Blackmoor, having naval battle skills! Ive never heard of such a absurd thing!

I dont think he even knows what "weather gage" is!

I thought it would be nice to show you guys the current progress of the ship.

Here I have the final plan for the stern, galleries and a part of the gundecks.

fourageux_shipyard001.jpg

We've arrested another Redcoat spy, he was trying to escape with some valuable drawings and information! :pir-oh:

We opened the package he was carrying and here is what we found:

Remember this is only the plan, there is an order with the real bricks on its way. This is a module to see which and how much bricks I needed. The coloursheme will be different of course. :pir-grin:

fourageux_shipyard002.jpg

A drawing of the hidden shipyard! It is crowded with workers, goodies and much more.

fourageux_shipyard004.jpg

The shipyard is a very secure place, on the one side we have the jungle filled with hungry islanders and dangerous animals. No redcoat dares to come there, he will get lost there anyway.

On the seaside we have the Le Formidable protecting the project. There are also cannons on the shores. :pir-devil:

fourageux_shipyard007.jpg

Here a shot at the galleries, it looks like the windows are just "wedged" in there, but it's simply because I had not the bricks to make it look like better. The galleries (With toilets Errorist!) are quite secure and so are the gundecks, everything is modular so I can add an interior, transport it, repair it or update it. :pir-wink:

fourageux_shipyard008.jpg

General Armendariz (exclusive his barrel) and me checking out the quarterdeck. :pir-blush:

fourageux_shipyard010.jpg

One last shot of the shipyard in it's current state.

And then the Redcoat's spy package was empty, the Redcoat spy will serve his last years behind iron bars.

That was it! Thanks for the attention and comments are always appreciated! :pir-sweet:

:pir-laugh:

I've bought a whole bunch a time ago and they are meant for the coastal defences of Port Augustine, a still waiting project.

Ships are more interesting to build and it is more a challenge to me then buildings.

I should update Port Augustine soon, but it is almost destroyed because I constantly need bricks. :pir_laugh2:

Very nice :pir-grin: I spot some influences of the Formidable in it, but indeed, this one is gonna be a lot bigger! :pir-classic: Great that you are also going to make toilets in it, a lot of officers are always pissed off because they don't have one :pir-classic: Anyway, I can't wait for the real ship (and for your first shipment). I also got a shipment today, you can help me some time to make it better, give information and make+post pictures of it. btw, was it those pictures in the redcoat's letter? or just the building plan?

Very nice :pir-grin: I spot some influences of the Formidable in it, but indeed, this one is gonna be a lot bigger! :pir-classic: Great that you are also going to make toilets in it, a lot of officers are always pissed off because they don't have one :pir-classic: Anyway, I can't wait for the real ship (and for your first shipment). I also got a shipment today, you can help me some time to make it better, give information and make+post pictures of it. btw, was it those pictures in the redcoat's letter? or just the building plan?

I use the same building techniques as the Le Formidable, so it is possible to see some influences indeed. :pir-wink: I'm proud of the big space in the Midshipman's, Captain's and Admiral's quarters. The interior is going to be awesome I think.

I can help you out soon, although I expect also my shipment this week.

The pictures were in the plan stolen by the Redcoat spy. :pir-tongue:

Wow, this thing is going to be huge! Great work so far, I'm eager to see it completed! :thumbup:

It is probably going to be about a meter in length indeed, the build will take some time! Especially planning and figuring out problems take a lot of time. I'm glad you like it! :pir-sweet:

:pir-laugh:

I've bought a whole bunch a time ago and they are meant for the coastal defences of Port Augustine, a still waiting project.

Ships are more interesting to build and it is more a challenge to me then buildings.

I should update Port Augustine soon, but it is almost destroyed because I constantly need bricks. :pir_laugh2:

I have been working on my port for what seems to be forever. I think that phase one will be completed in a month or so, which will allow me to build out the rest much easier since I can now build everything in relation and proportion to the port entrance.

fourageux_shipyard001.jpg

We've arrested another Redcoat spy, he was trying to escape with some valuable drawings and information! :pir-oh:

HANG HIM

So far the ship yard looks better than the ship itself :pir_laugh2: Good Luck Cap'n :thumbup:

That's very cool, I think that with the good colour scheme it'll be an amazing ship, and it modularity makes it an awesome ship ! Keep it up !

Looking huge captain! I can't wait to see the final ver. Of the ship.

That red coat is quite an artist :P

Good luck!

I've been very busy recently, and I've made some good progress on the ship.

I think it's finished for about 1/5 now.

fourageux_update_4002.jpg

Here you can see the current progress. I've removed the galleries since they don't fit exactly yet.

fourageux_update_4001.jpg

The yet untrimmed stern, this is the basic design, I will add more details soon.

fourageux_update_4005.jpg

The Captain's cabin. As you see this part can be taken out of the ship. The decks, galleries, stern, everything is removable so it can be transported, repaired and updated easily. It also adds the possibillity to add an interior.

fourageux_update_4006.jpg

The Admiral's cabin, larger then the Captain's cabin. The floor isn't completed yet and also this part can be taken off the ship so the Midshipman's quarters become visible.

fourageux_update_4007.jpg

A view from the lowest gundeck, not yet completed. The floor will be tan or light grey. I will add ropes between the hull and the guns.

fourageux_update_4009.jpg

Another view, I have to spread out the arches and pillars otherwise the gundeck will get too cramped.

fourageux_update_4010.jpg

The upper gundeck, also this interior will be completely white with a tan or light grey deck. At the background you see the galleries.

fourageux_update_4011.jpg

The wall between the Admiral's quarters and the gundeck can be removed during battle. Nothing is more dangerous then a cannonball straight through your stern, especially when there is a wooden wall in it's way.

fourageux_update_4004.jpg

The helm design, there will be ropes in the middle going to the rudder chains.

fourageux_update_4013.jpg

The banana details. This part will be on the top of the stern. The two lanterns suppose to be on the Le Formidable.

The wrong colours will be changed later on of course.

Brickshelf

Thanks for watching! Comments are always appreciated! :pir-sweet:

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Looks very promising again! I like the lanterns, and the cabin looks also very nice :pir-classic: I think i'm going to 'steel' a lot of your ideas, though I had a lot of them already in mind. Well I believe this is going to be quite a big ship.. And I also believe my master and commander book was a big inspiration because I can spot a lot of nice details that can be seen in the book (and in the other one). I wish this ship would already be finished, I can't wait! :pir-classic: