Peppermint_M

The Alpha Fighter

indexed.gif

1241988371m_SPLASH.jpg

12419883721_THUMB.jpg 12419883722_THUMB.jpg 12419883733_THUMB.jpg 12419883734_THUMB.jpg 12419883745_THUMB.jpg

(Images link to MOCpages)

Prepare for the invasion!

After putting paid to Ogel, Alpha team armed up to fight their next big enemy: The Lumbering Behemoth of a theme that is Star Wars!

Cannibalising the sub and several smaller craft, Cam got to work on her magnum opus, The Alpha Fighter. With 360 degrees of rotation from the cockpit and a domed canopy allowing an all vectors view, a quantum singular string drive and dual plasma canons are handy in a battle with rebels or the Empire. Radia hopes to pilot her to victory against the stagnant SF giant.

With 205 pieces (not including stand) The Alpha Fighter is a lightweight in nature, but not in battle.

Alpha Team was my favourite theme from the past ten years so it had to be the theme for my fighter. I only just made the part count (my building method is haphazard and hard to quantify and worse to rebuild or create instructions for!) and I worked very hard to keep non-Lego parts out. I did have a specific Star Wars ship in mind but my tame Stormtrooper is on holiday, so I can't name said ship until he returns next week. I also missed some photos I needed (a side and a top view) but as these are WIP until the end I'm sure I'll get them in on time. I am having a manic week so I needed a de-stress with my Lego and the contest sprang to mind so I made this ship in less time than I expected. Hope you like it!

I have discovered that this is based on a B-Wing Fighter

Edited to put my final design into the first post. Old MOC is now at the bottom.

Edited by KimT

Looking great.

I really like Alpha Team, but it was during my Dark Age, so I've only got a few of the sets.

You've caught the Alpha and SW theme nicely and I can't wait to see more pics and perhaps even future modifications :thumbup:

This looks excellent even if you're not happy with it. A great Star wars Alpha team mix :thumbup: .

Edited by Skipper 24

Well, I changed the back end of it (Uni assignments really stress me out when the deadline is in five days) and will be posting pictures as soon as I can take them. (Probably Friday or Sunday) and I will also have the name of the ship I had in mind confirmed, my tame storm trooper will be only too happy to bombard me with space ship pictures. :thumbup:

Great! I really like the structure and that engine at the back looks

pretty nice :thumbup: The cockpit also looks like it has enough space for the pilot.

But I wonder why you don't like the engine? Is there a reason?

I would say it looks pretty nice and sleek.

So...

Good luck on the contest!!! :laugh:

I dont like how the back contrasts with the front, too open and not as rounded as the rest of it. My alterations have covered it and continued the yellow stripes along a bit better, I've also made the top fin slightly smaller as I wasnt entirely happy with the lipped slope.

After these last few modifications the MOC is no longer WIP, now only the information is WIP :classic:

Great job! :thumbup: I like the sleekness of it. :classic:

Nice job, I knew it had to be Alpha Team from first glance. Very smooth, and it's sorta "cute". :tongue:

Good luck.

I really like the engine that you made its great.

The black and yellow colour scheme is awesome and goes with the ship really well

great job!

Edited: The first version of my fighter, now posted down here.

Still a WIP as I am not 100% happy with the booster/jet/engine at the back.

indexed.gif

1241557903m_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by Peppermint_M

Make sure you edit the first post to have the version that you want to enter before the deadline.

Looking good

Make sure you edit the first post to have the version that you want to enter before the deadline.

Looking good

Will do. The deadline is a while away yet and I am bound to change it a few more times, even if I end up keeping an earlier version.

Thanks for the reminder.

You're welcome and there's plenty of time to go.

Great entry ! I love it shapes and colours scheme ^^

Thanks.

I forgot that the deadline was soon :tongue: so it's a good job I am happy with how it looks now.

This one is good to go and needs no further work to enter the contest - great job :thumbup: