Sign in to follow this  
Natman8000

REVIEW: 4899 Promo Tractor

Indexed

With the new release of the city farm sets, an exclusive promotional remake of an old set has been dished out in certain locations in Europe and other areas. This hard to find and exclusive set may sound promising, but is it? Lets find out!

Set: 4899 Tractor

Theme: Farm/City

Minifigs: 1

Parts: 24

Price Not sure, I got it in a trade.

Year: 2009

Brickset

S@H N/A

Peeron N/A

Bricklink

Bag:

This polybag is medium sized has is full of autumn and spring colors. It certainly was a real thrill to take out of the shipping box!

4899-1.jpg

3487276690_b0d7c9c479.jpg

Instructions:

Simple and basic, I'm sure these were designed with young children in mind.

3487276960_580f35f96b.jpg

The back side has a picture of some farm sets. This set really is a sample of the theme. Man, if only I had that many yellow light saver blades...

3486462953_5be72a548d.jpg

Minifigs:

This set comes with one minfig. It is decent, but the real deal is the tan fedora! This part also comes in the big farm set so that makes it a bit rare. Wait a minute, is that Pepper-roni? What's he doing as a farmer?

3487277242_15bca0d0b8.jpg

Back

No back printing like many of the 2009 minifigs. The piece is old, but back printing would have been nice.

3487277474_0784dae680.jpg

Set:

Here is the selection of parts. Nothing too special, but this is a promo so I didn't expect much. There a lot of small parts here.

3487276804_a7cf0d2016.jpg

The three colors of fedoras together (black one was painted) I painted it for my upcoming Synagogue MOC and I need that for the Rabbi.

3487279052_a470853647.jpg

The build

Start off with a little frame. Nothing to hard to build here.

3486463463_03d9070964.jpg

The front is taking some shape. Great use of the curved part here!

3486463569_367aeb54d1.jpg

Add a chair and a wheel. The yellow works well. We can really start to see the tractor take shape!

3487277962_0cecf9fbea.jpg

Finished product:

This little tractor is sleek(for a tractor) and a nicely detailed. It has a lever and a steering wheel so for once a little set has controls!

3486463825_b51a4ca4f9.jpg

3486464023_642c545a11.jpg

3487278426_738cb1548a.jpg

review22.jpg

Extra bits: Mine came with many extra parts, actually much more than most small sets! I was very suprised to see the wheel!

3486464479_038dc6f053.jpg

Ratings

Build:7/10 Simple and clean, for a miniature tractor, the small scale works well. The selection of parts was okay, if it was dark green I would give it a higher score. When I first saw this set I thought that it was darker so it was a let down to see the bright green.

Minifigs: 9/10 A farmer minifig! Who would have known? Well the fig is fine but its hat is fun and useful. Don't you just love fedoras? And why is Pepper-roni being a farmer? Isn't he a skateboarder?

Price: N/A I think this was just a promo and I traded for this so I am unaware of the price if there was one. Who knows, maybe it was free?

Overall:8/10 A fun and rare set that is a great promo and would have made a good impulse. While not everybody would want the tractor, as it is plain, the minifig is good for the city theme. Now we can all go and make more western MOCs and so much more. This set really has fun to it.

Parting:

Someone killed Pepper... who did it?

3486464649_e95d5ab0c2.jpg

Nice little review :thumbup: You're a lucky guy for having this little set, and the tan fedora! :wink:

Nice review. I want one! :wub:

Me too! :tongue:

Nice review, Natman8000. This is a great small set which complement well with the big farm set. Somehow, I do wish the rear could have some form of carriage behind, pulling it around to store those crops.

Nice review man ! :thumbup:

The farmer is so beautiful with his funny hat :classic:

Edited by Gouns

A great review of an excellent little set. You might want to Mod in a towball or hook maybe, but apart from that this set looks spot on really.

I'm just gutted its not more widely available, I have seen them on eBay (mostly from eastern europe), but they are asking a silly price (getting really silly when you pay for shipping). If this was in UK shops I would deffo get one (actually I would get two).

I want one! :wub:
Me too! :tongue:

I had a couple...

But they're all gone now... I had a thread here. You're too late! :tongue:

Nice reveiw, a nice set... I really just had no use for it :classic:

Svelte would've had one of these if I'd gotten something from DJ's last week... :tongue:

Looks good although the only thing I like is the fedora....

But they're all gone now... I had a thread here. You're too late! :tongue:

I did miss it somehow, but thanks for reminding there was such a topic exist. :classic:

A great set to complete your Farm collection. :thumbup:

I did miss it somehow, but thanks for reminding there was such a topic exist. :classic:

A great set to complete your Farm collection. :thumbup:

David Jones still has a few of these sets available, managed to get a few more of these on the weekend. It doesn't hurt to ask for an extra one if your lucky you may you get 2 :classic: .

It looks really nice. I hope it happens to get here. Also nice review!

~ RupeeClock, back from my black age.

Thanks for the review!

Concerning the price I can clear you up: Spar distributed a sheet with current special offers. In this sheet there was a coupon you could cut out. If you went to a Spar shop, you could redeem it and got that little tractor for free. That's how it was in Austria, and that's what I did. :sweet:

WOW!

Cute little tractor! It seems very similar to it's precesor, except for the little change in the front of the tractor and the side lever..

Indeed, the main attraction of the set i would believe is the tan coloured hat~~ Almost want it immediately...

Thanks for the great review bro! A pity i think i'll never ever be able to lay my hands on this baby... :cry_sad:

Great Review! This set reminds me of the lawn mower in the "Farm" set. The only difference is the front wheel type. The color scheme is unique. I am surprised TLG did not add yellow hubs to add that certain touch (hint, hint). Overall, a very cool set.

Model On!!

Edited by MatthewUSA

Doesn't look like anyone has commented on the fact that this was the promo given out with the Daily Mirror on Monday. I hadn't seen it before, it's a brilliant little set.

Back a few months ago Toyworld in Australia had these as freebie, but you had to buy either 7637, 7636 or even just 7634. But only a few stores took up the promo offer so many like myself missed out.

This set is now available at U.S. Shop at Home but only with a purchase of $50 or more by using code "USTR" at check-out. It cannot be purchased seperately Expires December 31st.

Edited by MAH4546

Great review, really nice pics.

Looks like a fun little set and now it can be had for free!

Thanks natman