Hound Knight

H.M.S. Oblivious

thindexedgif.gif 82b

ship03.jpg

ship05.jpg

ship04.jpg

ship02.jpg

ship01.jpg

The H.M.S. Oblivious is Captain Harold Houndblower's first command, awarded for brave service and artwork creation. :pir_laugh2:

Nice ship! I like the shape, but I think it would be better in a color scheme like BB- more brown, tan, maybe black and yellow. I like the printed sails, and as always, the customized minifigs. The ship design is good, though. Is this your first MOC ship?

Edited by Admiral M

Nice ship! I like the shape, but I think it would be better in a color scheme like BB- more brown, tan, maybe black and yellow. The ship design is good, though. Is this your first MOC ship?

Nice ship! I like the shape, but I think it would be better in a color scheme like BB- more brown, tan, maybe black and yellow. I like the printed sails, and as always, the customized minifigs. The ship design is good, though. Is this your first MOC ship?

Thanks! :pir-classic: Yes, this is my first MOC ship, It was quite challenging as I have no actual pirate ship sets. :pir-cry_sad: Hence the red color scheme.

Yes, I worked on my second MOC ship recently. Don't dispair, the second ship you make is always better than your first (and judging on this ship, I'd say that the second well be better than great).

Edited by Admiral M

Oh we are going to OWN the French now!

I guess its cause people relate Battleships to the Royal Navy, Did the french navy even have a name?

Never Fear, Oblivious is here! That sounds good. :pir-tongue:

All the minifig.'s are very nice, but indeed the ship could be better :pir_laugh2: Well, without any good shipparts you still did a good job. But you should buy some real shipparts to make this MOC even better. good luck :thumbup:

I remember my own first self made LEGO pirate ship. :pir-sick:

You've done a good job for your first boat! The ship could do with more colours and details to add a nice feeling to it.

So I would say: Add some more details to the cabin, make fences on the forecastle and some ropes (custom perhaps) to flourish it up!

Great work so far! :thumbup:

Oh we are going to OWN the French now!

I guess its cause people relate Battleships to the Royal Navy, Did the french navy even have a name?

We bluecoats are still undergoing a great debate if we are French, Americans, or something else.

So, the politically correct term is blue coat.

Thank you very much.

We also have our own civil rights group, the NAABC

The National Association for the Advancement of Blue Coats. :pir_laugh2:

We bluecoats are still undergoing a great debate if we are French, Americans, or something else.

So, the politically correct term is blue coat.

Thank you very much.

We also have our own civil rights group, the NAABC

The National Association for the Advancement of Blue Coats. :pir_laugh2:

We shall raid your Party Meetings! :pir_laugh2:

H'm, that sounds like fun! :pir_laugh2: Thanks for the comments guys! :pir-classic:

Remember our fleet is at it's full strength, your ship is still in the dockyard, and so do others.

We will give you a warm welcome. :pir_laugh2:

I hope this ship is quickly finished Hound Knight!

Nice avatar you got there. :pir-blush:

I happen to have it on the highest of authority that the bluecoats are infact British Royal Navy. :pir-sad:

I like the ship. It is way better than I could do if I ever try to build one from scratch. The red is a little hard on the eye's but I imagine it makes it way easier to swab the decks after a bloody battle. Good job

I happen to have it on the highest of authority that the bluecoats are infact British Royal Navy.

If "highest authority" is that "puppet" queen of yours, Im not buying! :pir-tongue:

Queen...She has no authority...I was speaking of me! :pir-wink:

and what am I, chopped Liver?!?!?! If you are king, I get to be god :pir_laugh2:

Long live the queen!

Edited by Admiral M

I happen to have it on the highest of authority that the bluecoats are infact British Royal Navy. :pir-sad:

I like the ship. It is way better than I could do if I ever try to build one from scratch. The red is a little hard on the eye's but I imagine it makes it way easier to swab the decks after a bloody battle. Good job

Wait, Your saying Bluecoats the the Royal Navy? That makes no sense? Or am I getting it wrong?

Yep. It's debatable, but the Royal Navy did have bluecoat sailors. Elite regiments and officers sometimes wore blue, and in formal ceremonies you didn't see very much red.