Sign in to follow this  
Cooper

MOC: 4-8-4 Emerald Night

traintech1.jpg

Using two 10194 Emerald Night sets I modified them to create a 4-8-4 engine and tender. The engine and tender both utilize Power Functions. This was my first 4-8-4 engine ever, and as such presented challenges in order to be able to get it to run around corners and switches smoothly.

3485102884_2af9c58f6d_o.jpg

3485102926_3c5e785092_o.jpg

Wow! That is a really nice mod!! I really like how you managed to keep the organic feel and 1-up the emerald night at the same time! Keep up the good work!

Great job Coop! This is really nice. When I first looked at it, I thought, this is the Emerald Night. Then I realized that it has the 4 large train wheels on each side. You did a fantastic job in adding the additional wheel set keeping the same look and design of the actual set.

Your MOC has been added to Eurobricks' new train resource, TRAIN TECH. Sweet! :thumbup:

Great work! I assembled mine yesterday. This is one of those sets that's worth buying multple copies of.

Really nice, and another advantage, you now have two passenger cabins!

nice mod^^ as Natman8000 stated, I like how you managed to keep the original "look" of it^^

A US-Spec Emerald Night, no doubt with an obscenely high tractive effort. Nice work! I've been tweaking mine to make it a bit more British in places and just alter the bits I'm not keen on. So far I've got the tender pretty much sorted. The changes to the loco won't be so drastic as it looks pretty good to start with.

Wow, I didn't even notice the extra wheell on it at first :laugh: , nice job. Although you should put the rails back on the side.

Wow, I didn't even notice the extra wheell on it at first :laugh: , nice job. Although you should put the rails back on the side.

I'm still working on this a bit to get a fit with the rails that I like. I'm afraid I'm going to need to cut down a set of the longer rails to get it to look right. :sceptic:

I'm still working on this a bit to get a fit with the rails that I like. I'm afraid I'm going to need to cut down a set of the longer rails to get it to look right. :sceptic:

Longer rails are available from PaB online as "outer cable 256mm"

I bought quite a few in order to cut them to length for pneumatics and other uses. A quick chop with a Stanley knife avoids squashing the tube ends (parental supervision recommended for under 18s).

Mark