Sign in to follow this  
Aramor

MOC: Death Star Bar

indexed.gif

Being a soldier in a tyrannical empire is pretty exhausting, so after a hard day of shooting everything but the hero and bumping into door frames the Stormtroopers can go here and relax. There's a droid working here 24/7 and the colourless grey interior will make sure you'll feel at home rightaway.

Oh yeah, please leave your weapons at the door.

death_star_bar.jpg

Just let me know if you want more pictures, I'm a bit too hungover at the moment to be all photographical and stuff.

Nice MOC and funny backstory. :tongue:

A picture of the bar without any troopers in would be nice, as well as one of the droid on its own. :thumbup:

A picture of the bar without any troopers in would be nice, as well as one of the droid on its own. :thumbup:

Good idea:

bar2.jpg

And here's the droid. I didn't really give him legs or anything, since those aren't visible on the pictures.

bardroid.jpg

I really like the droid. It looks perfectly-suited to its job as a barman.

I think the bar seems to be lacking some detail. For example, you could use some SNOT techniques and maybe put a picture (if you have any) on the wall. I know that the idea is it's all grey and boring like the Empire, but I think it would look better for the purposes of a MOC.

Just some hints I think could improve it. :grin::wink:

What do you do with a drunken storm trooper, what do you do with a drunken storm trooper, what do you do with a drunken storm trooper, early in the morning? :tongue:

Boy, I just realized that the Troopers in ROTJ must have come from here right before the movie.

PSUI, piloting a speeder under the influence.

Edited by DoctorDude234

Good idea, but I don't see how they are 'at home' with the gray, since Stormies were recruited.

Is this why they can't hit the broadside of a barn?

It's a moisture (e)vaporator, not a barn. And it's because they all have bad aim, plus this additionaly.

:tongue:

Good idea, but I don't see how they are 'at home' with the gray, since Stormies were recruited.

Something along the lines of the Empire indoctrinating them and stuff. Like I said, I was hungover when I build it and typed that little story. Also, it was ment as sarcasm, since I made the thing entirely grey.

Something along the lines of the Empire indoctrinating them and stuff. Like I said, I was hungover when I build it and typed that little story. Also, it was ment as sarcasm, since I made the thing entirely grey.

Oh, I see that now. I thought the whole deal with the hangover was being sarcastic, but it's hard to decipher sacrasm on the internet.

Very nice MOC. I really like the story behind it. Great idea and great execution.

Oh, I see that now. I thought the whole deal with the hangover was being sarcastic, but it's hard to decipher sacrasm on the internet.

Yeah, good point.

But generally you can assume I'm hungover on Sunday :tongue:

Not much I think. Have you ever seen them shoot?

Or maybe Vader comes in every once in a while and Force chokes them if he finds their lack of sobriety disturbing.