kris kelvin

Pirates Advent Calendar

Looks like the sawtooth shark/swordfish is just a normal shark after all. That's too bad.

The mermaid is holding a clam shell though!

Amazon (French and Japanese version, I did not check the other ones yet) has some pics; most of them show what we already saw on the box. While here's an interesting one:

31f8PE7XprL._SS400_.jpg

Are we getting a sawfish AND a shark?

Amazon (French and Japanese version, I did not check the other ones yet) has some pics; most of them show what we already saw on the box. While here's an interesting one:

Are we getting a sawfish AND a shark?

The other pictures on the Japanese Amazon are simply edited out of the box (i.e. someone somewhere has a bigger picture of it...). The pirate riding the shark, however, is not... could this be a glimpse of a new set? :pir_laugh2:

There have, however, been discrepencies between the packaging and contents of Advent Calendars before - many catalogues showed the box of the Castle one next to a picture of a couple of dwarves (with non-winged helmets), which were not in the calendar, nor were they on the box...

Dang. That swordfish is pretty nice looking. I would be great for this MOC I'm thinking of starting. I might have to get this, how much is it?

EDIT: Wait it's just a normal shark? *oh2*:cry_sad:

Edited by Glacarcheo

I'm hoping it's a swordfish and not a shark. There are plenty of sharks, but I don't think they've released a swordfish yet.

It actually kinda bothers me having a minifig riding on a shark, and the size of the new shark mold is more the issue than the minifig actually on the shark. That'd be one huge shark, or one very little guy. I'm not sure a baby could ride most sharks the way that minifig rides it.

I'd love to have both, but I have to wonder how big the swordfish is going to be. Considering the diminutive size of the kraken, I'm wondering if it's going to be around the size of the old sharks.

Obviously things can change, but based on the current box art, that appears to be a sawfish, not a swordfish and it's the same size as the old shark pieces. The sawfish would not be a new piece, they released a few with the divers line back in the late 90's. The only difference would be that the new sawfish would be in bley instead of grey.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x98

I really hope it's a sawfish.

And the mermaid with the shell look cool too.

And some long gray hair as well! (castaway)

While browsing Brickset, I found this. I'm not sure if this has been posted before (as I'm not familiar with the Pirate forum), but to me this just seems like the Pirate's turn at an advent calendar after last years successful Castle advent calendar. :cry_happy: (I can only hope this will be released in North America, unlike last years advent calendar) Personally, I think this looks pretty good! What are your thoughts?

It's been posted somewhere else I believe but could be wrong. I'm hardly on the pirate fourms. I hope it's in America also. I would rather have the castle one though.

Edited by JCC1004

It has been posted many times possibly because it's just too awsome to post once :pir_laugh2:

Or it could just be because some of us never go onto the pirates forum for fear of being shot out of a cannon or having our heads stuck in barrels...

It's already been mentioned, but there are so many nice pieces in it, that I think I'll actually get it if they don't come out with a Star Wars advent calender. :tongue:

Regulating Tip

When there is a thread already on the topic, merge the new thread with the old thread. This way all the related posts are kept together and we don't end up with several smaller threads about the same thing floating around.

But well done for getting onto this quickly! :thumbup:

I hope it comes with a sword Sawfish instead of a shark. Sawfish are way better and much more rare.That picture with the pirate on the shark is insane. Hey kids, go find a shark and ride it. It's such a heart attack.. thrill ride!

Edited by JCC1004

i've been to sweeden for some days now. and in a toy store there they have a cataog that says that the calendar come out in oktober. look like i have to take a trip to sweeden then :pir_laugh2: only 6 h driving

Wow! This looks like a must-have for all Pirates fans! As it's been pointed out, there aren't any new minifigs. The new castaway with the Dumbledore hair is technically new, but it's only a piece different. Too bad we already know the 8 minifigs, otherwise I'd have my fingers crossed for Islanders, Conquistadors, or Blue Coats :pir-wink: I never seen the white oyster before, but if it was new, I'm sure it would have been pointed out already. I'm still praying for a sawfish! I will probably pick this up if it becomes available in the US.

And the Pirates Advent Calendar finally hit Shop@Home.

Happy holidays on the high seas!

Enjoy 24 days of fun surprises with the 2009 LEGO

It's not yet available in North America.

And probably never will be, just like the Castle one. Figures. :pir-hmpf_bad: Oh well, at least I have a dad who does business trips to Germany. :pir-grin:

Also, it looks like it's the old sawfish after all. I would have prefered one of the new sharks, but many will be happy about this.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Don't think the new shark would have fitted in one of the 'holes' of the advent calendar :pir_laugh2:

Too bad there aren't more figs.

This would be great fun for kid's who celebrate it though.