Sign in to follow this  
Knightsword

MOC: Modified YT-2000 Corellian Transport

indexed.gif

I decided to build from the 4504 Falcon like I did for my YT-1760 (which I borrowed a few parts till a bricklink order arrives). I also left the rear inside, the hyperdrive, unchanged from the 4504. I was inspired by Rooks, but more so due to one of my Star Wars RPG (Saga Edition) characters owning one. I'm waiting on some custom minifigs (from Clone Army Customs) and a gungan minifig to round out the rest of the small group's characters, which I'll update with more photos when they arrive. Now on to the photos, and no KimT, there's no cats in them :P

DSC00189_zps26a71822.jpg

DSC00188_zps684eb8f5.jpg

DSC00187_zps97d8ff87.jpg

DSC00186_zps48b3ee28.jpg

DSC00185_zps9dd731b6.jpg

DSC00184_zps310f4e5e.jpg

DSC00183_zps8a3bd8fb.jpg

DSC00182_zps033e58fd.jpg

DSC00181_zps85382905.jpg

DSC00180_zps41af14b3.jpg

DSC00179_zps7d76f353.jpg

DSC00178_zpsaf4477ca.jpg

DSC00177_zps840d36f3.jpg

DSC00176_zpsa1996b7f.jpg

Edited by Knightsword

Looking really good there, this is really accurate to the real thing although the thickness of the round cockpit corridor-thing varies slightly between the fuselage to the cockpit itself but thats hard to recreate in Lego and it doesn`t really matter anyway.

Personally I am not quite fond of the white on it but its your ship so that is just a personal opinion.

PS: Does the ship have a name?

PS: Does the ship have a name?

Quite a few, depending on my character's current cover identity, Two of which are the Star Chaser, and the Ryloth Star. And in the RPG it's been modified with reinforced bulkheads, new hyperdrive, extra weapons, etc, so it has reason to look different then the standard model.

Edited by Knightsword

I don't know a lot about sw, but I think this starship is from the same constructor than the millenium falcon, Am I right? :classic:

Anyway this is a really good moc and the interior is awesome^^ great job !

The back half is just about the same as is the landing ramp. I did away with the escape pod and turned that side in to "docking" port with hatchway. The front was completely redesigned to accommodate the center cockpit and the docking claws, which are attached to the base by plates and bricks, opposed to the falcon's which are just connected with technic pins and beams. After I took the photos I added a little more to the bottom so it would have the raised area behind the gun turrent like it has on the top. Also white is a common detailing color on a lot of freighters and just leaving things gray is rather boring and if I did you all would be saying to add some detail. :tongue: