Sign in to follow this  
Thrash

Aztec Sacrifice

thindexedgif.gif 74c

Ever since I got my hands on some of the new brickforge tribal swords and spears, I've been wanted to build some Aztecs. I had some free time to build recently, so this was the result: Aztec Sacrifice!

title.jpg

The Aztec Priest cut into the first victim and ripped his heart out:

sacrifice1.jpg

Meanwhile, 3 more victims wait in line nervously to be sacrificed, while a captured Spaniard sits in a cage wondering what will happen to him:

next1.jpg

A few of the Spaniards buddies came to save him, but unfortunately an Aztec Warrior has sneaked up behind them:

spies3.jpg

spies2.jpg

After each sacrifice, the body is thrown into the bloody pit below and eventually the bones spill out into the little pool on the side:

pitcage.jpg

A shot of the overall scene from the top:

top.jpg

From the front:

frontfar.jpg

Characters and Decals:

aztecs.jpg

priestvictim.jpg

aztecwarriors.jpg

leaderdecal.jpgwarriordecal1.jpgwarriordecal2.jpg

victimdecal.jpgcitizendecal.jpg

Hope you guys liked it!

Aztec Sacrifice Brickshelf

~Thrash

P.S. I just realized that I should have posted this in the Pirates MOC forum. Sorry mods, I'm not used to posting in the Pirates forum :pir-blush:

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice creation. I have to say after reading a Horrible Histories book on the Aztecs, its very close to whats in it. There is a few minor issues and a massive one that you've got wrong, but really you don't need to fix them up. You decals are great, I would try to use them, but I can't get my hands on the type of paper to print them. Anyway in the future I'm sure I'll see a MOC expert badge next to your name.

Great, err, Cruel creation! Yes, a very cruel creation!

Actually you stole my idea. :pir_laugh2: I was planning to build a pyramid of sacrifice.

This MOC looks awesome with all it's details, like the heart and the blood pool, the rock looks great as well.

The whole creation has a real 'aztec feeling' over it, the aztecs look great too with the feathers and the decals.

Especially the decals are nicely done and fit well here. The Brickforge weapons are a nice effort.

I hope we may see more MOCs from you in the pirate section soon!

Keep it up! :thumbup:

I really like those custom torsos. But the darth Maul head look a bit out of place. Good Job :thumbup:

I love your customs torso !!

They are very well done and very realistic.

I really admire people ,as you, who made their torso

Note for myself : Maybe try something like this one day...

Nice one! :thumbup: Lots of cool stuff going on. The bone cage is a classic winner, and the skull-torches are simple yet very effective.

The integration between the cliff face and the sacrifice is very smooth, as is the pool of blood :pir-wub:

The decalling is great (do Islanders work out that much? :pir-oh3:), although I'm slightly confused as to why the victims look like Islanders, when there's a fresh Spaniard waiting - ?

I'd suggest some blood dripping over the edge of the stone platform - that'd be nice 'n' gory :pir-grin:

Anyway in the future I'm sure I'll see a MOC expert badge next to your name.

Oh really? :pir-tongue:

Although I'm slightly confused as to why the victims look like Islanders, when there's a fresh Spaniard waiting - ?

The Aztecs had a 'sun god' who needed fresh hearts every period of time, otherwise the sungod would die and so would the Aztecs, at least, that's what they believed.

They needed fresh people for the sacrifice, like criminals and prisoners of war, that was before the Spanish guys showed up.

In real, almost no Spaniard has been 'sacrificed' for the sungod, because the Aztecs were afraid for the Spanish since they brought disease and terror to the Americas.

The Aztecs were defeated before they even realized the Spanish guys were the enemy, first the Spanish had good relationships with the Aztec King till they betrayed them for the greed to gold and slaughtered the Aztecs. :pir-skull:

The decalling is great (do Islanders work out that much? :pir-oh3:), although I'm slightly confused as to why the victims look like Islanders, when there's a fresh Spaniard waiting - ?

--> I agree with SlyOwl on this point and IMO they look to muscular.

--> But nevertheless is a very nice moc and keep them coming... :thumbup:

What a great creation Thrash, just full of nice details. The custom torsos are great, I must try some custom work one day.

I love the spaniards and islanders, the temple, the blood pool and floating bones. In fact its all good, well done. :pir_laugh2:

Wow this is really fantastic. As I was looking at the pictures initially, I was really wondering where those torsos came from. They look extremely professional. I'm very impressed with them, as well as the MOC as a whole. Great job!

Thanks for all of the comments guys (and for the MOC Expert tag :pir-cry_happy: )

I didn't really think about why the guys being sacrificed were so ripped, but I suppose I could justify it by saying that the Aztecs wanted to please the gods by giving them the most ripped people as sacrifices.

Also, I wasn't really trying to make this historically accurate at all. The only thing that I really looked up was what Aztec Warriors looked like.

~Thrash

Hello. I know it's been 5 years since the publication is pictures, but wanted to ask if the Aztecs are original Brickwarriors weapons?. A greeting. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Hello. I know it's been 5 years since the publication is pictures, but wanted to ask if the Aztecs are original Brickwarriors weapons?. A greeting. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Greetings! It appears Thrash is the BrickWarriors Creator so we can assume so.

I'm very glad this got bumped as I've never seen this MOC before. I just love anything Mesoamerica related. The tiles for blood work really well, and the skulls are a nice touch. The custom torsos are excellent, but I really like those weapons! I'll have to check out BrickWarriors as that is something I could definitely use in my MOCs.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]